BMW's New 1 Series hit the streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW's New 1 Series hit the streets

So I was on my way to Ranch 99 when I saw a BMW I've never seen on the road before. Kind of small, convertable, 2 door. hmmmmm That's when it hit me... I'm looking at the new 1 series.

After I finished up at the Ranch, I swung by the BMW Stealership to get a better look. Turns out, these things are pretty cool. 135 has the same twin turbo motor as the 3 series. Sales guy said that due to it's light weight and power, then they are only a couple ticks slower than the new M. Although I don't know which M he was referring too. But if it's only slightly slower than the slowest M, thats still pretty good.

The one I got to play with had the Sport package, which means it had sport tuned suspension, sport seats, and some other sporty shit. Overall I liked it. seems like a good little commuter car and would be fun to cruise around in. Oh and the brakes are pretty big.
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

lol.. you know a homie's got yellow fever when the white guy hits up chinese markets. btw, it's 99 ranch, not ranch 99. and an interesting tidbit by way of huangsta, 99 stands for 9am to 9pm. ;p

Comment

oh, and a simple tune/chip of the bmw 3.0L twin-turbo engine can reach close to 400hp. mix that with the small size of the 135, oh man....

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
        lol.. you know a homie's got yellow fever when the white guy hits up chinese markets.
        Well U can't find Napa, chicken feet, and fried tofu @ Vons.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
          and an interesting tidbit by way of huangsta, 99 stands for 9am to 9pm. ;p
          it's true, i showed up 7am like back in the mother land for some chinese breakfast and the doors are closed!!

Comment

Speaking of the new TT engine.. My bro raced a 335 yesterday with his Cayene TT and lost by a car and half. heheheh.

I got to drive a 535 as loaner when I took my car in for service. It was pretty nice and smooth.. I didn't want to give it back... haha. Unfortunatelly I had to give it back early cuz the pano roof shattered while I was driving on FWY (I guess something hit but I didn't see anything). Total bill $3,200+ to fix fm dealer... My insurance paid $2,200+ and I paid $1,000 deductible... What an expensive service experience I have.

Comment

Originally posted by W420 View Post
              Speaking of the new TT engine.. My bro raced a 335 yesterday with his Cayene TT and lost by a car and half. heheheh.

I got to drive a 535 as loaner when I took my car in for service. It was pretty nice and smooth.. I didn't want to give it back... haha. Unfortunatelly I had to give it back early cuz the pano roof shattered while I was driving on FWY (I guess something hit but I didn't see anything). Total bill $3,200+ to fix fm dealer... My insurance paid $2,200+ and I paid $1,000 deductible... What an expensive service experience I have.
              woah thats crazy for both stories

the dealership should have taken the hit for loaning u a car with a faulty pano-roof heheh

Comment

how much do the 1 series run?

Comment

couple ticks slower = about .7 seconds slower

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff D View Post
                    how much do the 1 series run?
                    The 135 I was looking at was 47,000. I did a build your own on the BMW site and it came out to $49,000. The convertable's will be the most expensive usually, and then the 128,s are cheaper. The convertable on the lot was a 128 and that was 45,000.

Comment

damn. ok...

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid 350GT View Post
                        The 135 I was looking at was 47,000. I did a build your own on the BMW site and it came out to $49,000. The convertable's will be the most expensive usually, and then the 128,s are cheaper. The convertable on the lot was a 128 and that was 45,000.

Order it thought Euro delivery and save some money. My 335i was $47,500 msrp I got it for $42,000 through Euro delivery and I got to drive it on the Autobahn!

On average a 135i equipped the same runs about 3K less then a 335i

Comment

dunno about euro delivery... don't wanna risk this during the trek across the atlantic...

Comment

that must have come off the fail boat.

Comment

Wow..that sucks..sad to see brand new cars damaged like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X