boosting the yaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boosting the yaris

hey guys i was planning to boost my yaris in the future but i need to know what i need to do first. this is going to be a custom turbo kit so if you guys know anyone that does turbos and whatnot lemme know thanks!

Before you take on a project of this scale you have to ask yourself a few questions and be realistic.

What is your budget?
    Will this car remain your daily driver?
    Are you building the turbo kit for max power? or just for show?

These are just some of the major concerns.

Comment

why custom? if you have to ask us what you need, then you're not ready for a custom setup; both P.E. & Blitz make some pretty beefy f/i kit for the car already, have you thought about those?

Comment

+1 to the two g's of the team

Comment

good luck with the ecu!!

either gotta go full stand alone or get an RS ecu.

Comment

please enlighten me on why anybody would even bother with boosting a yaris?? to go from like 100hp to 120hp? is it even worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
              please enlighten me on why anybody would even bother with boosting a yaris?? to go from like 100hp to 120hp? is it even worth it?
              dude the power to weight ratio from the upgrade will be amazing, and it'll get more tq, AND it'll make the cool bov *psshhhh sound..not to mention that you can rock an i/c and be speshul. Isn't that why we turbo our cars? heheh

edit: well if you're looking for cutsom then just grab a garret turbo and get someone to custom you a manifold, piping and etc. Performance Solutions in Signal Hill can most likely fab you a clean and functional kit since they did custom work on our Scion xD.

Otherwise you can always go the route David suggessted and use the turbo kits developed by Blitz or any other jdm company that has tested the performance of their products before putting it out on the market. Like Gabe said, the tuning will be a crucial part of operating your upgrade properly. Tuning can probably be done at Performance Solutions/ Church's/ L's Motorsport/ maybe u can even show up to UCI and then I'll take you to our imports club and some of the guys there know how to do basic tuning for e-manage.

Anyways, best of luck on your project, please let us know what you decide to do and if you need more guidance we will be more than willing to help you determine the best route for your goals.
              Last edited by Em; 04-02-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

kei worry about other things before even thinking about boost. you got alot more minor mods to go.

Comment

Working...
                X