What up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What up

Long time no talk hybridz. I know I've been MIA for a long time, but as some of you may know, i had an accident in November when i fractured my right femur bone. Well it was supposed to be 6 - 12 weeks for a full recovery, until the 8th week came about and they ran a bunch of tests on me and diagnosed me with a rare bone cancer that only 4 percent of the country gets, and apparently it's a pediatric cancer, and 19 is the last possible age to get it, go figure =P

Anyways, I started chemo in February, and felt like shit, and still continued chemo all the way til april. Had a 6-hour surgery on may 8th to get the tumor out, and had a post op appointment last week, when i found out that the chemo had a 99% kill rate of the cancer cells, and the surgery took care of what was left along with inter operative radiation. They also removed about 18 inches of bone, cuz the cancer ate away at it and to remove that last 1% remaining.

So with that good news I've been home for about a week and half now, going back in again tomorrow for post op chemo to kill any dormant or hidden cancer cells but at least I'll be able to walk this time, so it might go a lil better.

I know I've been out of the loop for awhile but i had rare access to the internet and was almost always in the hospital, but hopefully thats all done and over with now and I'll be able to hit up shows and meetings with you guys again lol. Dunno exactly when I'll be coming back, but i will be back as soon as i get the opportunity, and you'll also notice the rsx had some upgrades done to it when i do come back =P
    Last edited by Zee; 05-28-2008, 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling and gramatical errors

hopefully they get all that cancer out of you man. good luck

Comment

oh it's all out already, just doing post op chemo to make sure they can reduce the chance of reoccurrence as much as possible, cuz if for some reason it does come back, it'll come back so strong, it'll almost be like instant death, or so they say.

Comment

Good to hear from you Zee. Crazy this has all happened, but I'm glad to know your recovery has progressed this much. When will you be back to 100%?

Comment

glad to hear that youve recovered. Take care of yourself first and when your ready, we'll still be here

Comment

dont get to go to meets or shows sadly myself liveing over the water but sound like you had it tuff, hope your okay from on now in,

AL

Comment

Sup Zee!

Glad to hear everything's on the good-side now.

Just take it easy and hope to hear from ya again in person.

Originally posted by vtec.al View Post
              dont get to go to meets or shows sadly myself liveing over the water

Comment

^ lol

Comment

lol @ pepper

Thanks everyone, glad to hear from you all as well. Always nice to know i haven't been forgotten haha. I want to try and aim for july or august to return when i can walk again, but i dont wanna rush healing time. At the same time, i've been in a bed most of the time for almost a year now and i refuse to let all this stuff make me become a human vegetable so i really want start geting back in the norm of things like i was before all this happened.

August/September is probably a safe bet for a true return (sign contract and everything), but until then, i'll try and stay in touch with you all as much as i can (limited internet time while in the hospital for chemo) so I can hit meetings and shows and kick with the team i learned from and grew to love =P

Comment

^^ 29 days ?? ugh on a paddle boat ...

Comment

Working...
                    X