X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car show ideas

hey guys

well my car is going to be featured in a shoe here in ireland in dublin
    its my first time for the car to be in a show and im just wondering has anyone ideas how to show it off a littel bit more or any ideas to make it stand out?
    i dunno weather to use a spring to slighlt open the hood and stuff like that which add to the look of cars when atthe show, from looking through pics of some members cars on here i see you use maguires squirt bottels and have a lot of sponsors names on the car, mines just plain

well any suggestions would be great!!

thanks

alan

yup u've got the right idea, just clean up ur car spic and span before the show and when u arrive to the show, clean up ur wheel wells, rims, under ur side view mirriors and etc so its really spotless. And yes you could use a spring or meguiars bottle to hold up the hood..

If you're going to show off ur engine then u should clean up ur engine bay; wipe it down, polish some parts if u have time. Steam clean it if you have time.

Thats pretty much it. Also, if you have nice brakes (upgraded) or a bitchin suspension system i'd recommend you jack up your car and take off one front wheel so that the show spectators can see.

What kind of car show is this?

Comment

thanks Em

heres a link to the show, its for modified cars

http://www.heatwaveandcoolnights.com/

ive only tein super street coilys on the car and standard brakesbut the calipers are painted green so the gold alloys are enhanced a bit!but i recon ill leave them on,
      ive the engine bay as clean as i can get it and polishd up where possible,
      (ill get pics up when i find my usb cabel)
      ill be giveing the car a real good scrub the weekend and again befor the show on the 29th
      sadly my CF hood wont be in on time
      i think ill use the cleaning bottel for the hood opening as i havnt any springs and sure maybe that company might want to sponsor me

thanks for the advice

Comment

if ur engine bay is pretty enough, just use a wrench to unscrew the bolts which connect ur stock hood to the hinges...that way u wont have anything blocking ur car while u show ur engine. heheh kind of extreme, but just a thought if u were interested.

the show looks fun...that vielside rx-7 is badd!! take some pics so we can see how you guys do it over there! Especially of the ladies..heheh

Comment

there will be LOTS of photos taken and some of the cars!!
          ill get them up after its on, should be a great day, looking forward to it!
          you guys should bring over a car or 2 and show us all up
          cheers for the bonnit idea!! its a bit out there

Comment

rims

got my advans on at last!!!
            quick phone pic, will get better ones when it stops raining

Comment

Originally posted by vtec.al View Post
              got my advans on at last!!!
              quick phone pic, will get better ones when it stops raining

i dunno why but the picture isnt' showing up for me

Comment

that was the link from my e mail, having trouble with photo bucket, heres another

ill get better snaps when i get time

Comment

the RG's look nice! now all u need to do is to get rid of those seats and replace them with the Type-R Red Recaro seats

Comment

Originally posted by Em View Post
                    the RG's look nice! now all u need to do is to get rid of those seats and replace them with the Type-R Red Recaro seats
                    if he's hardcore enough, i'd get the 'yellow' type-R seats, super duper rare.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300eR View Post
                      yup that would be nice...although i think it only matches the pheonix yellow dc2-R...like the lil cast model u bought me bofore I'd sell Al my set of red recaros cept that shipping would probably not be worth it? hahah...but David, if u still have ur leather recaros when i sell my red ones...then i must pick them up

Al, the next best mods for ur car would be an H.I.D. kit or roll bars (both are for saftey and performance) I was talking with a fellow honda driver from the team (coredump) and we both agree that the roll bars significantly improved the way our cars handled and responded. =) Also if ur using springs, u should save up for a full coil-over/ damper system cuz ur bound/rebound, bump and travel will be more stabilized and there would be less unpredictable weight transfer due to kinetic energy..

Keep us updated on ur project and dont forget to post pix up from that show so we're current on the scene u guys have out there in Ireland!

Cheers
                      Last edited by Em; 06-23-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300eR View Post
                        i looked into those!! very pricey, there rare and are going in the region of 1500 euro not into the red ones as they wouldnt look right on the car
                        i have tein super street coilys on the car
                        theres a front top mount strut on the car and i have a rear under body strut to go on the car (havnt had time to fit it)
                        very impressed with the difference in weight and handleing after ditching the rota,s
                        would like to get some sort of final drive done to the gear box but also like to go on holidays so that will be a much furthur down the line and have to wait
                        i looked into the H.I.D kits but i read they can be dodgey so i just left it,

Comment

HID's only really work well with headlights that were made to suport HID. Otherewise the splash pattern can be off and will do nothing but change the color of the beam.
                          I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            HID's only really work well with headlights that were made to suport HID. Otherewise the splash pattern can be off and will do nothing but change the color of the beam.
                            worked fine on my non-HID dc2 lights cept that it pointed the wrong way

Comment

lol. i'm cheap. i just hit the high beams on the canyons.

Comment

Working...
                              X