Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMULA D, LAS VEGAS - July 11-12th 2008

Hybridz:

I woke up this morning w/ great news from our newest Chapter in development and the co-leader in training (Chris "Chef" Haydostian) there in Las Vegas with this....

FORMULA DRIFT Enters Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the 1st Time.

With 1,600 acres in the northeast portion of the Las Vegas Valley, the "Diamond in the Desert" has been deemed the most remarkable race complex in the world. Sports Illustrated called it the Racing Capital of the West. Entering Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the 1st time, Formula DRIFT has expanded the series to include this infamous venue.

Chris advised me he brought 5 cars to this competition and all 5 cars won. 100% success rate entry to trophy ratio. Way to go Hybrid, Las Vegas Chapter. It was early so I will leave the details like full name of owner, make/model of the car, corrections if needed and pictures for Chris and Francis to handle. But here is what I know.

Best Team Represent @ Formula D - Team Hybrid, Las Vegas
    Best VW
    Best Mazda
    Best Mitsubishi
    1st place Mitsubishi
    2nd place Mitsubishi

Not only did all 5 cars win, they took home their first Team Trophy @ their 1st legit show together as a chapter (with no support from any of the SoCal Hybrid cars or guns) and this has only been in development for 6 months. On top of that, they won 3 "Best of Category" trophies along w/ dominating the Mitsubishi class.

We are a great legendary team backing Chris but it is also his passion, innovation and dedication making this all happen behind the scenes and esp., during game time. Congratulations once again to co-leader in training - Chris, member - Francis, and all the new LV probies.

Hybrid luv,

James Lin
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Congrats guys! Looking forward to seeing and meeting the LV chapter soon!

Comment

niiiice

Comment

I just wanted to say GREAT JOB to all the Hybrid - Vegas Chapter Members & Probies for a great showing and display yesterday. It was a great honor to show with everyone and made me very proud to call all of you my teammates.

To recap on what James posted. We had 5 cars enter the show. Our lineup included:

Archie ConCon - Mitsu Mirage - 2Dr Evo
        Mike Combes - Mitsu Galant - Silver Carbon Fiber
        Keoni Viernes - Mitsu Evo 9 - Time Attack
        Francis Yu - Mazda 6 Wagon - Super Sled
        Chris Haydostian - VW Passat

As James stated, We ALL took home an Award from Battle of the Imports.

Archie ConCon - Best Mistubishi
        Mike Combes - 1st Place Mitsubishi Class
        Keoni Viernes - 2nd Place Mitsubishi Evo Class
        Francis Yu - Best Mazda
        Chris Haydostian - Best VW

We all represented with pride and brought out our own "Old-School" Hybrid Display. We had a 30 Trophie Display and 10'x4' Team Hybrid Banner. This was just for our 5 cars.

We were well treated by BOTI and was able to begin the show row with our line-up. We were also given a corner spot with plenty of room for several ez-up tents and gave us a front row view of the Drift Event happening. For sure 1 of the best spots in the show. We are also the only team granted to put up a display that took up 1 car spot (for our trophy display) in the show.

All this said and done, we were chosen to be the Best Team Represent by BOTI. Traditionally this trophy is for a team that enters the most quantity of cars. With BOTI it is a different award. They made it quite clear although there were other teams with more entered cars, we were the team that Represented the best between our display of teamwork, quality of cars, organization of members, and full display for the team. This graced us with 1 of the coveted 6' Trohpies from BOTI. Bringing our grand total of trophies to 6 with only 5 cars entered (120% ratio).

As James said this was the Debut of Team Hybrid - Las Vegas Chapter, and i can say with little to no ego that we destroyed this show. We really couldn't have asked for a better outcome. There will be pictures to follow, but let this help appease your taste buds....

Please note on the lower right side you can see 1 of the 1st Place Plaques falling from the wind. Hence why 2 of us are holding the trophies. The wind was gusting up to 70 MPH and actually knocked the 6' down and ended up breaking on the trip home. It'll be fixed, but the wind was crazy strong.

-C

Comment

Chris called it all week long that we are taking 5 trophies home at BOTI and he was right!
          Congrats again to my fellow Vegas Hybrid on a great win! Specially to Keoni and Francis on their first carshow win. Great job guys, finally paying off the hardwork you guys put in the car.
          Mike, thanks for letting me borrow the truck when i had to go home to take care of my kids.
          Chris, I don't know how to thank you man. i know what you did was unreal. Just to let everyone know, none of these would be possible without his great leadership. For example, my photoshoot and video shoot with riceboytv on friday wouldn't be possible without him there with me. We were there with riceboytv for HOURS. We met up with riceboy at 11 and didn't get done 'til almost 5 PM. At around 2:30pm my boss called me to come in to work for something that was important and needed fixing. Chris let me borrow his car and took care of the rest of the photoshoot with riceboytv while i went back to work and after that i had to take the wifey to the airport. Then Saturday at BOTI carshow, i had another issue that i have to go back home with the kids. He made sure that the judge well informed about what i have and what in the car. He made it sound to the judge like it was his car. And I think thats how I got the win! I also like to thank Chris wife (angie) for let him do what he does with the team. And also Mike's Wife and kids for supporting the team last nite.

Comment

No problem on the car thing man. I had more fun at this show with everyone then i've had in a long time. It felt like a whole new scene showing with everyone, and wow did we get a great spot, never had to leave the tents to watch drifts. Congrats for sure to everyone that won Trophies and to Keoni and Francis on there first. Also Congrats to Chris on His first Vegas Chapter Show taken a Team Quality Trophy. Thanks Chris For Everything and sharing your knowledge of the Show scene with all of us

Comment

g'job Chef for the splendid execution & the rest of the vegas folks on the excellent effort.

Comment

pics ?

Comment

pics...here you go...

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/g...a_d_Las_Vegas/

Mike- can I have your e-mail so I can send you your valvoline pix...

Comment

This says it all.....

Last edited by ChefHybrid; 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Read em and weep!

http://www.battleoftheimports.com/dr...ms/carshow.php

Comment

i wish they would post pictures to though

Comment

Working...
                        X