Part of the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of the Family

Let me start off by saying that as I am writing this letter I am very nervous. Nervous, because Team Hybrid is one of the biggest families of the import scene that is out there to this day. But at the same time very confident that you will see that I am not just the typical car enthusiast trying to grab sponsorships and magazine covers.
    My name is Robert Lee Barajas. I was named after the famous general Robert E. Lee and like him, though he had lost many wars during his time he would always find himself getting back on the horse and pursuing war once more. I am a fighter, and as much as I want to give up at time I will push myself to get back up.
    As an illustrator, I know that the art world can be tuff. There is always competition out there and you are constantly trying to be more creative then the next person. This is what pushes me. Not to be the hot shot but to constantly throw my ideas out there no matter how simple or detailed they maybe.
    After high school I went to follow my dreams to becoming an 3D artist and attended the Art Institute of LA. After two years attending school and then graduating I found myself not really wanting to sit in front of a computer all day. But I love art and I wanted to do something with it. So I decided to teach drawing courses to children at the local elementary school. I have moved on since then and I am now working at a law firm in Century City, working as a Project Assistant. Though I am not working in the field I am passionate about working at the firm has taught me a lot about myself such as how to multitask, and being more of a self starter. At the moment I am trying to get back into school to becoming an Art Therapist.
    Every time I would come on to your website I always had the family first sense. Family first, cars second. I love that. I love the fact that its not just about the cars but about each other and helping each other grow. I'm not trying to be all sentimental but I think this in life is very important. This is what makes me different than the other potentials. Because I want to have brothers and sisters with the same passion as me to help me grow. This isn't just about my car but about a family. I want to show you that I will push myself harder than anyone else. I can say now that I am a self starter. I am a leader and a follower.
    What separates me from everyone else is my car. I wanted to do something different. Of course I dreamt of purchasing an s2000, but every time I thought about what modifications to place on I would see it on someone else's car. After awhile it got frustrating. So, I went old school JDM. I wanted something that would standout from the rest of the crowd. I wanted a car that would put a smile on my face every time I started it up. With the money I had saved up I purchased a 67 Datsun Roadster. As of the moment its very clean and stock. But I plan on making it my own. I plan on installing a SR20DET with the transmition. Also Bride seats with Takata harnesses. Along with a Nardi steering wheel. Of course the body would be shaved with a new paint job.
    Like I stated in the beginning of the letter. I am very nervous. Nervous, because Team Hybrid is one of the biggest families of the import scene that is out there to this day. But at the same time very confident that you will see that I am not just the typical car enthusiast.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my email.

Sincerely,

Robert L. Barajas

Welcome, Post some pictures up. I LOVE the Roadsters, one of my fav cars.

Have you sent a proposal yet to Tim?

Comment

Welcome to the board Robert.

where are you located btw?

Comment

being an illustrator & a 3D artist, are you capable of whipping something out like This Guy??? if so, please PM me, thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Im actually in the process of moving from Hollywood to the Westside.

Comment

No my skills arent even close to that guy. Im actually going to have a show some time in the near future. you guys should attend. My work is mostly pen and ink. Ill post some up when I get a chance.

Comment

welcome to the forums Robert, I think you have received my response to your proposal. I look forward to seeing you at the upcoming meeting.

~Tim

Comment

Hey, thanks for giving me the chance to introduce myself. See you at the next meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten 12013 View Post
                  No my skills arent even close to that guy. Im actually going to have a show some time in the near future. you guys should attend. My work is mostly pen and ink. Ill post some up when I get a chance.
                  No worries, I would still be interested to check out your work. Please keep me posted, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten 12013 View Post
                    I purchased a 67 Datsun Roadster.
                    NICE. I love classic Datsuns

Welcome aboard. Look forward to meeting you at your first meeting.

Nice intro too. You seem very passionate at what you do

Comment

Thanks Jeff I thought I would try and write something that would capture the heart. (tear rolling down cheek) What...No Im not crying I just got something in my eye.

Comment

Hello Robert

Welcome to the forums and i'm lovin' the passionate proposal.

Can't wait to see you at the next meeting.

Do you have a DeviantArt? I'd really like to see some of your work sometime.

Comment

very nice intro. Welcome to the forums. Post some pics of your work when you have the time^^b

Comment

Welcome to the forums Robert. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Comment

Working...
                            X