350Z in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z in Los Angeles

What's up guys, I've been looking to sign up for a while now ever since meeting Duy (MisterMr) and a couple other guys completely randomly while driving/moving from Seattle to Los Angeles about a month and half ago. Anyways, here is the bizarre and generally fucked up story . . .

Long story short, my cooling system got jacked up while in Seattle, a few days before my road trip. It had gotten *fixed* but alas it was not permanent. Now that I look back, I believe that it was during my time through the cursed state of Oregon when I blew my headgasket, which subsequently led to a host of other problems being created (and which I would not find out until later). Got into California, stopped in Saratoga at a friend's house, and continued on my way.

Due to the world hating me, we encountered about five hours of traffic, going uphill, with an overheated engine. Burnt my clutch a bit, and generally beat the shit out of my motor some more, much to my dismay. Managed to pull over eventually and ride the storm out, and got going again circa 11:00pm or something like that . . .

Started to drive at around 60-70mph, car started to overheat. A LOT. Decided to pull over at a gas station, and that's when my engine decided to either seize or shut down due to a code being throw (I think it actually seized now at this point). It was at THIS pivotal point in time that I met Mr. Duy and his friends. We talked a lot, they offered a good deal of help and I was able to get going a bit after they left. However there had been too much damage to the engine and I could NOT drive for more than 15-20 minutes at a time without my engine heat going to the stratosphere. So we decided to call it quits and rest at a motel. The next day . . .

Drove for another 20 miles or so (with the same heat issues), and decided that we REALLY needed to stop and either just do stop and go, or get the car towed. So we called several towing companies and guess how much they wanted to charge us? Around $1400 dollars to get it from where we were to Los Angeles. Fucking crazy, I know. And then a miracle happened. I spotted one of those car hauler trucks and it was EMPTY; to save you some time we ended up talking the trucker into giving my car a haul to roughly 20 miles north of LA, and it was from there that we limped the car back to my friend's house. The next day, I took my car to GT Motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga, arguably the best 350Z shop in the country . . .

So fast forward about 1.5 months and here I am. My entire longblock was shot, so now I have a rebuilt motor with forged internals at 9:1 CR, upgraded timing components and all that fancy jazz. I don't have my new spec sheet right now but I'll have it up soon. The only thing that's keeping my power down is my fuel system and injectors, but I should have those changed out in a few months. However I'm contemplating upgrading my brakes first, because stock brakes just don't cut it anymore. Final goal is around 550rwhp, and even then it's already a stupidly dangerous power level.

Here are some pics of the car and I should have all the mods listed soon.
    Attached Files

nice intro! glad it all worked out...and look forwards to meeting u soon

and yes u will need to get bigger brakes asap!! which kits were u thinking of?

Comment

Stoptech and Rotora, I don't track my car but I like canyon/mountain drives and generally psychotic behavior (jaykay), I'm thinking a 4/2 piston setup would be idea pricewise and utility wise, but I mean if I can get a good deal on a 6/4 pot then why the hell not.

I'm looking for slightly used sets as well.

Maybe I can get a sponsorship? LOL . . ..

Comment

working towards a sponsorship is always worthwhile..

stoptech is ur next best bet

Comment

The thing is I've paid for everything in my car so far, and I'm getting sick of paying it all out of my own pocket . . . . plus I have minor body repair work (crack on fender) to take care of . . . .

Even a basic BBK is several thousand dollars.

I wonder what my chances are with sponsor, I have pretty good interior and engine modifications I think . . . the car is really stealthy, not very flashy. Very plain interior and engine bay, just a shitload of power . . .

Comment

a sponsorship will still be in the thousands,

bb kits from endless or other jdm companies would get u more media attention..

Comment

Originally posted by Em View Post
              a sponsorship will still be in the thousands,

bb kits from endless or other jdm companies would get u more media attention..
              Endless = Overpriced quality goods.

Brembo = Also overpriced, but even higher quality. Given the choice I would pick Brembo.

Also looking at AP Racing as an option . . . .

Plus I don't know if they would like my color selection . . . I wouldn't have anything besides black calipers.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeIntoViolence View Post

Brembo = Also overpriced, but even higher quality. Given the choice I would pick Brembo.

Also looking at AP Racing as an option . . . .

Plus I don't know if they would like my color selection . . . I wouldn't have anything besides black calipers.
                go for ap-racing or brembos then

Comment

Originally posted by FadeIntoViolence View Post

they're both not overpriced, their qualities are worth paying for, and "you get what you paid for" definately fit the best in this type of situation.

i actually have experienced personally on both Endless & Brembo in many of my vehicle builds; before the is300 was parted out and gone, i started with brembo gran turismo 4piston kit => then endless mini-6 front => then endless regular-6 front & racing 4 rear.

the differences between all these 3 setup is definately dramatic even for street-driving.

btw, since we're talking about brembo, i must mention that oem-brembo is HORRIBLE, they're nothing close to the aftermarket-brembo.

Comment

Welcome to the forums. When you get a chance, please send a proposal to [email protected] Also, please give me a call at 619.300.4169. I will help you get started with the team.

~Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Welcome to the forums. When you get a chance, please send a proposal to [email protected] Also, please give me a call at 619.300.4169. I will help you get started with the team.

~Tim
                      Tim - Will do mate.

IS300eR - I'll hit you up for some more brake stuff. Just doing research right now.

Peace

Comment

BTW my name is Milo, I go to Santa Monica College transferring to USC (hoping to god and working my ass off for it), major is Business. I like cars and martial arts, not too much of a partier/drinker but will do occasionally.

Peace

Comment

what people have told me....Black car = all odds against you....

trust me...i "have" a black car.

Comment

glad to finally see you on the forum milo.

I know what you mean!!!!that 5 hours was crazy i mean seriously 11 hrs to get to la from san jose?????wtf!!!!!!i hated that night but at least some good came of it.

As far as black i believe milo was gonna get a paint job.

Comment

StopTech is the best bang for the buck. A lot of BBK dont take into account the bias, which StopTech does for all their kits.

Comment

Working...
                              X