Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas Introduction

Hello everyone,
    I would first like to say Hi to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Steven Skwarkowski. I am local to Las Vegas, but grew up half my life in San Diego (east county). I currently drive a very heavily modified Nissan 300ZX 2+2 (which can be viewed with the link provided at the bottom of this post).

I am a HUGE Z enthusiast. I purchased my Z bone stock a little over 4 years ago and have done everything on my car by myself (minus the paint, body and interior work). I dont plan to stop anytime soon! I have some HUGE plans for the rest of this year and the coming year. In the end I hope to have one of the finest and most renowned Z's int the nation. I am half way there now. My biggest (and most expensive) hurdle is the massive TT swap which will be no less than 600HP on pump gas.

I first heard of Team Hybrid quite a while ago. I now know who Team Hybrid is with the recent SEMA show and the High Octane car show here in Las Vegas. I am a current member of SinCityZ (www.sincityz.org). Though I am very passionate about my Z car and other Z cars in general. I feel the car club I currently represent lacks in every single aspect of a car club. This is why I am doing everything I can to promote myself and my car in every way shape and form.

I work in the auto (tire) industry here in Las Vegas and I am becoming well known with many local companies and people in the local scene. My passion for cars goes hand in hand with my drive in my career as I do everything I can to promote and succeed in my daily job! My income limits my hobbies to my Z car for the most part as she takes big lumps of money every month!

I look forward to interacting more and more with Team Hybrid! Thank you for your time!

http://thecarspace.com/EckoInLasVegas

hey glad to see you posted

Comment

Welcome to the forums Steven!

Your car looks great! Hope you stay and chat often.

(I'm the guy who was wearing pure white from hat to shoes flagging people in.)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will be posting, chatting and such as much as possible. My baby (Z) is under the knife right now getting all her audio done finally. Heh, she is going to be one sexy beast inside once its done!

Had a great time meeting both of you as well as many others over the past weekend.

Also, if someone can point me to the GTR guy, I have over 10 tires he can use on his other than the (free) skinny Falken's.

Comment

^ouch...shot at falken??

Comment

no sir, not at all. the biggest Flaken makes in a 452 is a 245 width for his 20" wheels. he needs/wants 255's, but also there are 265's available as well.

I love the 452's!!! Im currently running them on my Z.

F: 265/30/18
            R: 295/30/18

He and I were talking about his tires and I told him I would let him know what I find for him.

Comment

ahh yes 452

Comment

Yeah thats me.. I got 3 sets of tires already.. nobody makes the right size 255/285 with the (Y) speed rating. Yokohama Advan Sports which I have already have the (Y) rating but in the same size as everyone else (like the Falkens).

Which ones did you find?

Comment

im assuming you are looking for 285/30/20?

I found a lot in 255/40/20 and 265/35/20. didnt know what your rears were.

Either way, matching sets in the 255/40/20 and 285/35/20 sizes are:

Pirelli P Zero
                  Bridgestone Potenza RE070R RTF (OEM)
                  Dunlop SP 600 DSST (runflat)

Comment

Those are the correct sizes with the 285/35 in the rear. The Bridge and Dunlop are runflat (VERY HEAVY) and the Pirelli have the size but not the speed rating, either the front or the back are not (Y) rated I forget which end. If you have info otherwise I would love to see!

The Yokohama Advan sports like I said are the only tire with the right speed rating/load/but in one size smaller than stock.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Steven. It was nice meeting you in vegas and I gave your cards to Chef.

~Tim

Comment

Hope to have more local Vegas events we can all meet up at and participate in. There is another charity car show this weekend, but the Z wont be ready til proabably January by now.

Originally posted by Kunani View Post
                        Those are the correct sizes with the 285/35 in the rear. The Bridge and Dunlop are runflat (VERY HEAVY) and the Pirelli have the size but not the speed rating, either the front or the back are not (Y) rated I forget which end. If you have info otherwise I would love to see!

The Yokohama Advan sports like I said are the only tire with the right speed rating/load/but in one size smaller than stock.

Well, if you are willing to play around with the sizes a little bit, I know I can come up with a lot more options. Keep in mind ALL RFT will be heavy, but of course ti is what is recomended. Dont remember who, but a new run-flat is being make as we speak which will be as light as a regular tire.

If you drop each sidewall aspect ratio by 5% you increase your tire choices signicicantly.

F 255/35/20
                        R 285/30/20

All in Y speed rating:

-Michelin Pilot Sport and PS2 (PS2 is a RF)
                        -Pirelli P Zero
                        -DUnlop SportMaxx
                        -Nexen N3000 (cheap, not recomended)
                        -Bridgestone RE050a Pole Position
                        -Bridgestone RE960A Pole Position A/S
                        -Continental Sport Contact 3

Also, many others listed in a W speed rating.

Also, keep in mind your OEM tire size is very propriatary. SO coming next year you should have atleast 2-3 more tire options!

Comment

Yeah thats too low.. no tire I'm looking for the (Y) rating.. 186mph+ just like stock but without run flat. Those are too heavy. This is the trick, 20" (Y) rated in the right size. Again, Yokohama is the only company who has rating/load correct but one size smaller in width.

Comment

yea, Y+ or (Y) are going to be ever harder to find. especially in that size considering that size is meant to be a run flat. You know what you're looking for, but its simply not made yet. Good luck finding it

Comment

Hey Darin i'll hit up my guy in Arizona, he told me he has anything they i need when i had a flat lol

Comment

Working...
                              X