Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White C300 - Mr Seph - Official Probie

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i have officially joined as a Probie as of yesterday at the Hybrid meeting in Cerritos. In the upcoming months I hope to meet everyone or at least most of the team members. I will be in all the Hybrid events unless something urgent comes up.

Anyways there is a few stages i plan to mod my car, but hopefully i can meet those deadlines sooner so my car can be show quality . Any advice or suggestions are welcome hehe.

Stage 1 - (3-6 months built time)
    1) H&R Super Sport Springs
    2) 8000K HID Convertion for both headlight and foglights (ProMax)
    3) Change side markers to Clear
    4) 19" Wheels 8.5 front x 9.5 rear (target budget w/ tires $2.5K Max)
    5) Carbon Fiber front lip & Rear spoiler (Eurotek)
    6) Tint rear lights

Stage 2 - (6-12 months built time)
    1) Full Exhaust System
    2) Audio system upgrade
    3) ECU Tune

Stage 3 - (12-18 months built time)
    1) Big Brake kit (Brembo)
    2) Full Body kit upgrade (Brabus or Expression Motorsports)

Stage 4 - Unknown for now
    Last edited by datboiiseph; 11-16-2008, 01:08 PM.

welcome to the fam bro! looking foreward to meeting you. Are you going to V20 on the 26th?

Comment

fo sho..i'll be there around 8. You?

Comment

yes sir i will be there!

Comment

Originally posted by datboiiseph View Post
          Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that i have officially joined as a Probie as of yesterday at the Hybrid meeting in Cerritos. In the upcoming months I hope to meet everyone or at least most of the team members. I will be in all the Hybrid events unless something urgent comes up.

Anyways there is a few stages i plan to mod my car, but hopefully i can meet those deadlines sooner so my car can be show quality . Any advice or suggestions are welcome hehe.

Stage 1 - (3-6 months built time)
          1) H&R Super Sport Springs
          2) 8000K HID Convertion for both headlight and foglights (ProMax)
          3) Change side markers to Clear
          4) 19" Wheels 8.5 front x 9.5 rear (target budget w/ tires $2.5K Max)
          5) Carbon Fiber front lip & Rear spoiler (Eurotek)
          6) Tint rear lights

Stage 2 - (6-12 months built time)
          1) Full Exhaust System
          2) Audio system upgrade
          3) ECU Tune

Stage 3 - (12-18 months built time)
          1) Big Brake kit (Brembo)
          2) Full Body kit upgrade (Brabus or Expression Motorsports)

Stage 4 - Unknown for now
          Welcome to the fam.

A word of advise....if you plan on doing a body kit in the future, why spend money on aCF lip/wing when you can just save up to get the full kit? Otherwords you'll be spending twice for a similar mod that will still not maximize your points potential in shows. Unless you plan to add-on or finish the rest of the kit in the future. At which point i'd recommend to hold off on the body mods and do it all at once. Saves time and money on instilation and paint. As for suspension, you may want to consider a coil-over setup as opposed to a spring only system. Unless you plan on adding shocks/struts as well? At which point it's still a better investment for coilovers and will give you much more modification for the future as to ride height, dampness, compression matched spring/shock rates, etc. Also they add more points overall in suspension as opposed to only springs. Another added bonus, if you add a large system to the truck and you get "ass-sag" you can raise the rear with a coilover setup to equal out your stance and lower. This is just my Phase I comments. Take it as a grain of salt if you'd like. My $0.02. Enjoy your stay.

-C

Comment

great information right there chef

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation Chef!

Yea i'm definately still doing research. I wont be doing anything until probably Jan-Feb so i still got 3 months to figure out what i want to do with the suspension/Wheels combination. As for the lip/diffuser i really like it. Plus there is no paint job involved because its going to be Carbon Fiber. So i'm thinking Carbon Fiber front lip, rear diffuser, trunk lid, with Black wheels. My roof is already all black. What do you think? I think that is more reasonable in the budget since that will probably be 1k-1.5k in body upgrade versus a full bodykit that is going to be close to 10K with paint and installation. I might as well save 8K and put a custom supercharger in there hehe.

Comment

welcome! i like how you have your build ready to go! sounds like a sweet car in the end

Comment

Originally posted by datboiiseph View Post
                  Thanks for the recommendation Chef!

Yea i'm definately still doing research. I wont be doing anything until probably Jan-Feb so i still got 3 months to figure out what i want to do with the suspension/Wheels combination. As for the lip/diffuser i really like it. Plus there is no paint job involved because its going to be Carbon Fiber. So i'm thinking Carbon Fiber front lip, rear diffuser, trunk lid, with Black wheels. My roof is already all black. What do you think? I think that is more reasonable in the budget since that will probably be 1k-1.5k in body upgrade versus a full bodykit that is going to be close to 10K with paint and installation. I might as well save 8K and put a custom supercharger in there hehe.

At least your phase I is correct in research. That'll be your best bet. My advice, research the final build of the car and map out all plans and parts you want to use with the overall final outcome. Then plan your build keeping everything in mind. Work outside in and don't skimp on certains parts and go with quality elsewhere. That makes your build uneven and mix/matched. So going back to my previous comment, you want a lip/diffuser and wing, yet in your Build 4 phase you want a full bodykit?! Am i missing something here?! From reading your posts, you are wanting a simple look for phase I and then a better more aggressive look in Phase 3? This brings me back to my initial comment to save your cash and do the final exterior build from Phase 4 rather than spend the cash for your extieror on Phase I. So if your still going to get a 10K kit, why spend 12K when it should only cost you 10K and use the 2K to put towards your "custom SC" or get the coil-over setup you should be running rather than springs only. Then save up the 8K for your SC. That way you won't have a lip and diffuser chilling on the side after 6-12 months before your get to your Phase 3. My advice is, build with Quality first.....once you go "cheap" or cut corners then you'll be like the rest with uneven and poor builds (Sub-Hybrid standards). Set yourself apart from the rest and make a statement. Again $0.02 here. Good Luck.
                  Last edited by ChefHybrid; 11-17-2008, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Hey Seth this is Milo with the murdered out Z.

Black/white combinations are my favorite. However white accidents look weird on a black car (instead of the other way around) which is why I didn't go that way lol.

But I love white/black which explains why most of my clothes are either black . . . or white, hehee.

Comment

no coilovers?

Comment

haha damn i havent been back to the public forums..but yeah im going to be planning some coilovers instead..situation actually changed a bit so my mods will be on hold until january-feb until things become more stable in the economy lol

Comment

nice meeting u last night man

Comment

can i see some pix of your car?

Comment

Working...
                            X