New Guy...Pontiac G8 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy...Pontiac G8 GT

I'm a full time working student as well as a Iraqi/ Afghanastan Veteran. I've been into the import scene since 95' and have had a 91' Saturn w/100 shot, 91 CRX w/H22 swap, 93' civic hatch w/LS Vtec, 96' Nissan 200sx w/SR20Det swap. I've always had pretty quick cars and have always loved drag racing. I never really cared about show or if my car was the best looking, but since I bought my new Pontiac I've been wanting to keep it clean w/the addition of power. Here are a few photos of my car.

Welcome to the forums.... Nice looking car aswell!

Comment

nice car! should of put 56k warning on the top LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by incon3037r View Post
        I'm a full time working student as well as a Iraqi/ Afghanastan Veteran. I've been into the import scene since 95' and have had a 91' Saturn w/100 shot, 91 CRX w/H22 swap, 93' civic hatch w/LS Vtec, 96' Nissan 200sx w/SR20Det swap. I've always had pretty quick cars and have always loved drag racing. I never really cared about show or if my car was the best looking, but since I bought my new Pontiac I've been wanting to keep it clean w/the addition of power. Here are a few photos of my car.
        Hi and welcome.

But hmm....

Comment

ya i agree with eric.
          we aim to for the best

Comment

Welcome to the boards! I like how the G8 is set-up, plus i like the burn-out shots What was getting done to the engine bay? anyways, diggin the ride, cya around!

Comment

Thanks for the complements and sorry about the photo sizes and amounts. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Originally posted by Em View Post
              Welcome to the boards! I like how the G8 is set-up, plus i like the burn-out shots What was getting done to the engine bay? anyways, diggin the ride, cya around!
              Thanks, the engine is having a Kenne Bell 2.6 liter supercharger installed.

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
                Hi and welcome.

But hmm....
                I wasn't disrespecting the show scene at all. I was just never really into it. I was young and just wanted to hang out at the street races. I'm 30 years old now and I just want to build a clean ride, but still have power on tap when needed. I apologize for any confusion.

Comment

No disrespect taken at all. I was just a little ??? when I saw that statement posted in the prospective members subforum.

There are still ways to build a clean performing ride. For example, I'm sure there is a clean lip kit, big brake kit (I'm sure Wilwood makes one), perhaps some leather wrapped reclinable racing seats (Sparco, etc...), roll bar (leather or suede wrapped), etc...

For engine bay, Fluidyne radiator, some nice silicone hoses, etc...

But since I <3 big brake kits, definitely a big brake kit.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

I absolutely love the G8.

Then again, i'm a hardcore Holden fan, so i'd end up steering you toward that route lol.

Comment

Holden, eh?

http://www.hsv.com.au/index.asp

Wonder can you swap any of those parts onto the G8.

Comment

Holden, eh?

Twin turbo kit is also offered. ...but that's for OP to find.

Comment

No disrespect taken at all. I was just a little ??? when I saw that statement posted in the prospective members subforum.

There are still ways to build a clean performing ride. For example, I'm sure there is a clean lip kit, big brake kit (I'm sure Wilwood makes one), perhaps some leather wrapped reclinable racing seats (Sparco, etc...), roll bar (leather or suede wrapped), etc...

For engine bay, Fluidyne radiator, some nice silicone hoses, etc...

But since I <3 big brake kits, definitely a big brake kit.
                          I see where you're coming from. I've done some of those things to my Nissan. I had the Willwood's, Sparco's, Koyo Radiator, JDM folding mirrors, stereo and steering wheel etc.... I also plan on implementing some of those things into my G8 as well. I would like to implement the style and influence that I've gained through the import scene and put it into this car. Thanks for the input it's greatly appreciated. Heres a couple of old shots of my Gti-R engine when I first did the swap.

Holden, eh?

Of course. Holden designs some sick looking cars, if GM would of designed it you know what the outcome would of been, especially on the interior. All the body parts will swap over from the Holden Commodore to the G8 I've already looked into it. Before I go that route though I want to see if this front end comes out. It's a combination of the GTS/ Clubsport and G8 front bumper.

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                          Twin turbo kit is also offered. ...but that's for OP to find.
                          APS make a beautiful twin turbo kit. Mounts the turbos down low to keep engine bay temps down and when you pop the hood it looks like you only have a CAI. Makes it a real sleeper especially with the blacked out FMIC. The reason I chose to forego this route is because the Kenne Bell kit is free including labor and it makes comparible power to the APS kit http://www.airpowersystems.com/g8/g8_itt.htm the APS kit made 557whp @7.5psi w/ dual 3" exhaust. We are looking for 550+whp @7psi on a stock engine with stock headers and exhaust. With headers, catback, and cam we're expecting around 680whp. Plus it sound sick and you have to love instant torque and full boost @ approximately 1800rpm. If this link doesn't work then do a Google search for Kenne Bell Corvette on youtube and you'll see my mechanics Corvette on the dyno and what it sounds like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBHsFYsIck
                          Last edited by incon3037r; 04-28-2009, 04:08 AM.

Comment

^ +1 for guys who know their stuff!

That front end looks real nice.

...i want GM to release the Holden Ute SS-V like they friggin' promised last year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by incon3037r View Post
                              I see where you're coming from. I've done some of those things to my Nissan. I had the Willwood's, Sparco's, Koyo Radiator, JDM folding mirrors, stereo and steering wheel etc.... I also plan on implementing some of those things into my G8 as well. I would like to implement the style and influence that I've gained through the import scene and put it into this car. Thanks for the input it's greatly appreciated. Heres a couple of old shots of my Gti-R engine when I first did the swap.

Of course. Holden designs some sick looking cars, if GM would of designed it you know what the outcome would of been, especially on the interior. All the body parts will swap over from the Holden Commodore to the G8 I've already looked into it. Before I go that route though I want to see if this front end comes out. It's a combination of the GTS/ Clubsport and G8 front bumper.

APS make a beautiful twin turbo kit. Mounts the turbos down low to keep engine bay temps down and when you pop the hood it looks like you only have a CAI. Makes it a real sleeper especially with the blacked out FMIC. The reason I chose to forego this route is because the Kenne Bell kit is free including labor and it makes comparible power to the APS kit http://www.airpowersystems.com/g8/g8_itt.htm the APS kit made 557whp @7.5psi w/ dual 3" exhaust. We are looking for 550+whp @7psi on a stock engine with stock headers and exhaust. With headers, catback, and cam we're expecting around 680whp. Plus it sound sick and you have to love instant torque and full boost @ approximately 1800rpm. If this link doesn't work then do a Google search for Kenne Bell Corvette on youtube and you'll see my mechanics Corvette on the dyno and what it sounds like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBHsFYsIck
                              I'd love to see that. (No sarcasm.)

Comment

Working...
                              X