Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hope-to-be!

Hi everyone!
    My name is Rikki Reyes (hence my screen name). I am 29 years old, and in San Diego. I've been in the Navy for the past 7 years, and this is actually my first time back in the States in a while (I've been in the Middle East for the past 3 years straight and loved it). I'm Filipino-Chamorro/Chinese...for those who don't know what a Chammorro is, we're from Guam. I'm currently engaged to a beautiful Bikolana, and I hope we can set the date before the year is over. I currently drive a 96 Acura Integra Db8, which I've had since April. I admit I haven't done a whole lot to it in the 2 months that I've had it, but so far I've done Skunk2 Coilovers, put on sidemarkers, shaved the front license plate, antenna and the upper trunk Acura emblem (keeping the 'A' in the center). I've also had time to color match the sideskirts. I've got it lowered on what I think are Drags...I thought they were Gabs when I first bought them, the seller didnt' know either. They're 15"s on Toyo 195/50, and unfortunantly it's as low as I can get it. But i've got big plans for this car, but I kinda want to keep it period-correct without being gaudy. Once my buddy is done with his civic, we're moving the sedan in the garage for a re-spray (on the last pic you can kinda see the primer we used to cover the antenna). Honestly, with the reputation and the cars that Hybrid is known for, just the intro is pretty intimidating. I've read all the "New Guy Intros" prior to writing mine just to get an idea of how to do it (it's almost like a job interview: you're not appliying for some backyard crew; you're asking permission to get into Hybrid ). I'm an old school guy from Huntington Beach, and I remember being in High School and hearing names like Hybrid, ProImport, Swift, and Empress, to name a few. The prospect of being able to join an established and respected crew like Hybrid is almost like a dream to me (I hope I don't sound dumb). But I have met Craig (Toy Civic) at a Team Integra(.net...I'm pretty active on the site --www.team-integra.net-- my screenname is ricreyes...it's not a team, just a website for integras) meet and he told me all about the family ( which I totally blew my mind, I had misconceptions about a pro-teams before). I am very dedicated, and supportive. I like long walks on the beach at sunset, puppies, and i'm not afraid to cry. Anyway, I hope i'm not rambling, but here are a few pics of the Db8. I hope to be a part of Team Hybrid. Thanks for listening. [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    And here's the backend part where you can see the primer...not to worry, we're re-spraying in a week (hopefully depending on the Civics dumb main bearings)
    [/IMG]
    Thanks again for your time, and I hope to hear from you all soon. P.S., comments on the car are welcome; it helps me get new ideas.

nice DB8, welcome and enjoy your stay. Where is our retired Chammorro-korean, he's from Guam also.

Comment

Welcome! I sent you an e-mail already, but please respond to it with the info I have asked for, and feel free to call me @ anytime. Oh, and send me your contact info also.

Thanks
      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

I'm here. I was just about to forward your email to scott. Welcome though. I'm korean/flip/chamorro... i lived on guam for like 10 years... graduated from sanchez

Comment

thanks Scott, I just sent you an email with all my contact info...let me know if you need any other info. I'll be around the forums all the time now, I'm so excited about the possibilities! Kdmtim, hey bro I went to Oceanview High in Agat, class of 97! But I hear they made it into a middle school...so sad

Comment

dude hybrid turnin from gangstas to militia...

Comment

supsup welcome back to State-side and onto our boards, rikki

That was a solid intro and I like the progress of your car as well. I've got a 94 dc2 GS-R and Scott had a bad-ass Type-R a few years back, so feel free to hit us up about any integra-related questions . I am glad that Craig was able to acquaint you to our club. Congratz on your engagement, hope to see ya around soon. Are you planning on coming up to check out Spocom in Long Beach? (June 13 - 14)

Originally posted by jonjon83 View Post
              dude hybrid turnin from gangstas to militia...
              lol!

Comment

haha the gangsters to militia comment is funny. Yeah Craig told me there's a lot of military guys in the team. I'm actually still trying to get used to life back in the states, but I think working on the ride will help. I have a lot of ideas I'm tossing around, like wether to go jdm front or not...it's just that everyone is doing it. I want to stand out by doing something new, something different. Doyou still have your gsr? But yup I'm down for Spocom! I'll also meet up this Sunday at miramar

Comment

Originally posted by rikkireyes View Post
                  haha the gangsters to militia comment is funny. Yeah Craig told me there's a lot of military guys in the team. I'm actually still trying to get used to life back in the states, but I think working on the ride will help. I have a lot of ideas I'm tossing around, like wether to go jdm front or not...it's just that everyone is doing it. I want to stand out by doing something new, something different. Doyou still have your gsr? But yup I'm down for Spocom! I'll also meet up this Sunday at miramar
                  cool cool sounds good, yeah i've still got my gs-r she's 'hibernating' right now though haha i just live through the memories of her pictures

Here is one before the 5-lug and you can also catch a teaser of scotties ride in the back lol

here is one after the 5-lug circa 2005

Comment

Damn Em, your ride is sexy...if it was a chick she'd be pregnant. I love the bumper, I'm undecided about my front end. On one hand, the jdm front is everywhere, on the other the usdm is too plain. But my motor is stock until I find a real greedy turbo kit(for carb purposes). I'm ready to work on my sedan just waiting for the right parts to show up at the right prices! Are there a lot of DB's in the team?

Comment

there were a few db's in the past. Non currently

Comment

haha I guess that's good news for me

Comment

We've had a couple of DB's and non more famouse than Ed's Widebody with SC300 headlights and taillights and full white leather interior. I just saw this retired ride about 1 month ago. Still sitting there turbo'd and all.

Comment

Whoa, was this the Meguires Integra? Breaks the heart, I intend to build the sedan into something that people can remember...a legend, like the white 4-door unicorn. I have a lot of ideas bro, I just need some opinions...if you had an extra 2g's, what would you do with your car?

Comment

Originally posted by rikkireyes View Post
                              Whoa, was this the Meguires Integra? Breaks the heart, I intend to build the sedan into something that people can remember...a legend, like the white 4-door unicorn. I have a lot of ideas bro, I just need some opinions...if you had an extra 2g's, what would you do with your car?
                              It'd keep saving a couple more G's and do endless brakes and JDM front

Comment

Working...
                              X