new. aw11 mr2. hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new. aw11 mr2. hi!

Hey guys, I've been into MR2's ever since high school. Currently driving around my 4th one, but I still have my 2nd one. Both are 1985 models. The red one is a hardtop stripper model (lightest of them all) and the silver one has all the options and is a sunroof. Currently doing a 3S-GTE swap into the red one, so that's taking up most of the car fund, but I still spend a little bit of money on the silver one.
    The red one is the pretty one...the silver one however....well, you'll see.

Looking pretty, waiting for the engine.

Mods on the silver one:
    Tokico Illuminas with Ground Control coilovers (450 lb front/350 lb rear)
    Front and rear sway bars
    6000k HID's with Raybrig H4 housings
    Yellow H3 fogs
    Front strut bar
    TRD header
    2.5" straight pipe
    16" Rays Gram Lights 57 Optimise
    87+ front brakes
    87+ tail lights
    87+ front lip
    87+ rear window visor
    87+ side skirts
    87+ side vent
    Drilled/slotted rotors
    Nardi 330 Classic
    Razo pedals
    Razo shift knob
    Sparco 4 point harnesses
    HKS mushroom filter
    Alpine deck
    Pioneer speakers

Obviously it's still in progress. Waiting to get my new front end so that I can paint it. It's getting an S2000 color, "Moonrock Silver." It's also getting fender flares and spacers. Wider wheels down the line too....don't want to part with my Gram Lights quite yet.

Also, I went through a Supra phase...

So, I was wondering, can I join Team Hybrid? I went to a meet once with my buddy Jay in his red 93 MR2 turbo with some gold Gram Lights on it. You guys have some nice cars!
    Can I have a sticker? :P

Welcome to the forums!

Please review the following link below before considering joining the most Creative, OG, and Innovative Team.
    http://www.teamhybrid.com/index.php?...d=35&Itemid=27

Originally posted by MasonF View Post
    Can I have a sticker? :P
    But if you're only looking into rocking a sticker on your car, this might not be the Team for you.

Comment

Badass! I love mr2's...I used to own an '88 n/a, great power-to-weight, handles like a slot car.

Welcome to the forums, there is a lot of amazing things happening with Team Hybrid! I'm sure you've already heard/read/saw some of the events that Hybrid has either shown or staged. There's a lot of dedication and heart that gets put into Team Hybrid to make it is what it is today. More than just the sticker, Hybrid is about people, cars and family. Surf around the forums and read up on some of the older posts. It can help you get an idea of how history, hardwork and dedication make a foundation for a Team that's been around for over a decade strong. Enjoy your stay

Comment

Rikki... U never call me back.
        I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

lol my bad i just text you...pt loma i dont get signal, you have to text me or else i wont know you called!

Comment

Welcome to the forums Mason.

As Mizter_G has posted, please review the links.

If you're looking for a family-oriented team where everyone pitches in their best efforts for each other, welcome aboard.

If you're looking for a team to just go to a show with and hand out free stickers and nothing more, then this isn't the team for you.

~Pepper

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
              Welcome to the forums Mason.

As Mizter_G has posted, please review the links.

If you're looking for a family-oriented team where everyone pitches in their best efforts for each other, welcome aboard.

If you're looking for a team to just go to a show with and hand out free stickers and nothing more, then this isn't the team for you.

~Pepper
              Yeah I know, not looking for a team just so I can rock a sticker...I've heard about Team Hybrid a lot and have seen most of the cars. I know my car isn't show worthy (yet) but I do race it a lot on the track. I keep up with/beat Evos, WRX's, etc (twisties, not 1/4...haha.) The red one is coming together nicely, just got my ACT 6 puck, LSD, Clutchmasters lightweight flywheel, TRD metal head gasket, ARP head studs...and more. After I get it into the car and BAR'd so I won't get hassled about the swap, it's getting a Garrett GT28R turbo and some other goodies so I can be at ~300 whp. It's going to be a scary car.
              The silver one was in a collision before I owned it, so it had some front end damage. Once the front end is replaced (just have to go pick everything up) it's going in for the paint.
              Looking forward to meeting all of you! Once I pay my dues and become a probie of course.

Comment

Awesome. Look forward to seein' ya around.

oh, and btw your red MR2 is also a hero-car for the graphic novel series "OverRev".

It's like Initial D, only a chick finds, repairs, restores, and races a red MR2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                  Awesome. Look forward to seein' ya around.

oh, and btw your red MR2 is also a hero-car for the graphic novel series "OverRev".

It's like Initial D, only a chick finds, repairs, restores, and races a red MR2.
                  Yeah, I've actually read a few...I'm an AW11 fanatic. It's actually a dark blue Supercharged model.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonF View Post
                    Yeah, I've actually read a few...I'm an AW11 fanatic. It's actually a dark blue Supercharged model.
                    oooh, i stand corrected then. I was sure in a couple of the manga covers it was red.

When i fly back to japan in 2010 i'm gonna pick up as many of the issues of OverRev and the HyperREV mags as i can.

Comment

no comment.

Comment

Like Initial D but with a CHICK? Gotta love chicks that love cars...

Comment

Originally posted by hybridimpreza View Post
                          no comment.
                          Um. What?

Comment

means your car is ok

Comment

Originally posted by hybridimpreza View Post
                              means your car is ok
                              Alrighty. It's not supposed to be pretty if that's what you're saying.
                              Not yet anyways.
                              Last edited by MasonF; 10-18-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X