Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Hybrid - Import Tuner March 2010 - EVO IX

Hybridz:

Congratulations to Charleston Penesa's Mitsubishi EVO IX in a 6 page full feature in Import Tuner Magazine March 2010 issue, pgs 062-68 plus a cameo on the top right hand of the COVER (2nd straight cameo of a Hybrid car on the front cover as well as the 2nd straight month we have been featured in IT).

Import Tuner wrote, "It's the word "hybrid" that send tinges of anxious loathing down an import guy's spine...Enter Team Hybrid, one of the import scene's longest-running and most respected car clubs, and the one whose early projects all but single-handedly coined the gearhead-approved verion of the team. Calling them innovators would be nothing short of the truth, but in the carbon-neutral modern day, obsolete? Not while one of the original members and newest projects - Charleston Penesa and his '06 EVO IX - are running the streets. Hybrid? sort of. Green? Yes...in a blindingly orange way."

This paragraph in the article was written by Colin Ryan and not by me. He sounds like me, but this is what happens when the industry knows their history, understands the importance and the effects we have had and continue to have in the industry. We are respected in print by our peers/professionals because History + Tradition + Formula + Innovation + Records + Morals + Ethics + Charleston = Team Hybrid, 15 years and counting...

Like I said many times before, anyone can put a team or group together, represent and maybe win here & there, but until the industry and your fellow peers validates you especially in print or your team/group as an entire unit win at the highest level and against the industries best esp. year after year after year, then your just in another team/group chasing dreams. This same philosophy can be applied to members too, but Charleston has already validated his place in import history with this beautiful published spread in March issue of IT. Another promise kept and came true for our Hybrid Family.

BFGoodrich FTW!

10 months to build even though we've seen this done in 3 months as well as land a published article in one of the major import magazines for Charleston. The point is in Team Hybrid AMAZING happens and happens almost over night. Tangelo EVO scoreboard is at 1 feature article plus cameo on front cover and 1 online feature. We continue to make dreams come true for our members!

ps. Video and behind the scenes pictures of this downtown Los Angeles photoshoot to follow. The LA Skyscraper backdrop was a sight to see, especially during that time of day as the sun set. Well, the pictures speak for themselves.

Hybrid luv,

James Lin
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Unbelievable!! 10 months to build and get published in articlessss~ Amazing!! Congrats!! ^_^

Comment

Congrats...i'll post some other pics when I get back in to town.

Comment

Like the one of my car too? Can U send me that file?
        I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Congrats again charleston.. Suppa sta!

Comment

Behind the scene footage. Video was shot by Charleston Penesa who drove all the way down from Las Vegas. Thanks to those (Michael Lin, Maila, Sylvia, Scott Dean and I) who came from far and wide to support, help and witness this beautiful downtown LA photoshoot with Import Tuner.

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...t=VTS_02_0.flv

Comment

nice 360 video of the whole action of "behind the scene" what Hybrid does before the public knows it =)

Comment

A message I received last week from one of our supporters and fans. He said, "i have subscriptions to import tuner, super street, modified and ds sport..your club is very dominant!..you are the king!"

Thanks again to all the members in Hybrid and esp. to those that work even harder behind the scenes individually or with the Hybrid management in order for us to continue making history.

Comment

I have to agree with you James, everytime I go to LV local meets every thursdays, I get congratulated from other car club members in town bout how team hybrid cars are all over the magazines.. I'm very glad and proud to be a part of this great team/friends/family..

Comment

Originally posted by 2Dr EVO View Post
                    I have to agree with you James, everytime I go to LV local meets every thursdays, I get congratulated from other car club members in town bout how team hybrid cars are all over the magazines.. I'm very glad and proud to be a part of this great team/friends/family..
                    +1 on that kuya......HYBRID........HYBRID........HHHYYYYYBRID .....

Comment

Thanks again to mr.james lin and to all my hybrid family.....HYBRID....

Comment

Working...
                      X