Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this happen 5 minutes from my house

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_644479...ce=most_viewed

San Jose police call it the "most vicious, violent and monstrous crime" the city has seen in years: Two men robbed, brutally raped and stabbed to death a 46-year-old woman who was walking home Sunday morning.

A 30-year-old man was arrested Monday and authorities are looking for a second suspect.

Julio Cesar Joven, whom police described as a transient, was taken into custody in connection with the slaying of Sany San of San Jose. Police said Joven and an accomplice, who remains at large, beat, raped and stabbed San multiple times, leaving her to die at the scene near Story Road and Knox Avenue. She succumbed before emergency crews reached her.

Joven was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of murder, robbery and sexual assault.

San, a small woman in stature, was overwhelmed by the two men as she walked down Story Road just after 6 a.m. after leaving the nearby home of relatives, said San Jose police officer Enrique Garcia. She did not know her attackers.

Garcia said the men were thugs looking for someone to rob, sexually assault and kill.

"She was just walking down the street, minding her own business," Garcia said. "These guys were out there trying to find whoever they could first. They approached her, engaged her in conversation, then quickly began assaulting her. It was very brutal, very horrific. At 5-foot-2 and 110 pounds, she had no way of defending herself."

Garcia said the men beat her, then dragged her away from view where they both sexually assaulted her. San was beaten "everywhere on her body" and stabbed numerous times, the officer added. "I'm sure she suffered a lot before she died," he said.

San, who was of Cambodian descent, had lived in San Jose a number of years, Garcia said. "By all accounts, she was a good human being who had many relatives in the area."

She has a husband, but it is unclear whether she had children.

The killing was San Jose's 15th homicide of the year.

The second man police are seeking has been described as Hispanic, between 18 and 25 years of age, 5-feet-4-inches to 5-feet-6-inches tall and between 160 to 170 pounds. He was last seen wearing black and white plaid shorts, a white T-shirt, black beanie and white tennis shoes. Police do not know his name, but described him also as a transient.

Garcia emphasized that the man is considered to be extremely dangerous. "This guy is capable of doing anything."

On Sunday, homicide detectives blanketed the area around the crime scene late into the evening. In addition, the California Highway Patrol blocked Highway 101 on- and off-ramps in both directions at Story Road. The road closures led to severe traffic jams, with cars backed up for miles at nearby intersections.

Anyone with information on this case is urged to call detective Sgt. Brian Ferrante or detective Sean Pritchard of the San Jose Police Department's Homicide Unit at (408) 277-5283. People wishing to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at (408) 947-STOP.

Contact Connie Skipitares at [email protected] or (408) 920-5647.

i fucking hate rapists.... i hope someone kills this SOB

Comment

fuckin east side san jo. that's why i live in almaden.

Comment

this is really sad. i concur with rycepicker (forgot your name, sorry), i fucking hate rapists and pedophiles.

Comment

is san jo like pomona or something? goddam julio cesars

Comment

damn that sucks. what a fucked up world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by MikEvo8 View Post
              damn that sucks. what a fucked up world we live in.
              Real talk. They'll get theirs though, i really hope they do.

Comment

only east side where the (not to be racist) but viets, mexicans and blacks are.

Comment

Working...
                X