Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a baby, 4Real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a baby, 4Real!

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realising their baby was "for real".

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter".

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.

Pharrel?

Comment

WW

Comment

!xohank where u @? lol.

Comment

it all seems trivial in comparison since new zealand obviously doesn't have laws that prohibit inbreeding. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
            it all seems trivial in comparison since new zealand obviously doesn't have laws that prohibit inbreeding. wtf?

That's just ignorant.

I used to live in New Zealand (for quite a while) and I can assure you they are not inbred. They are known for their resourcefulness, ingenuity and a few lonely nights with no one around but sheep.... But no inbreeding!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              That's just ignorant.
              lmao.. you can't deny the fact that the couple mentioned above shouldn't be part of the new zealand gene-pool.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_79fnYlU7F0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_79fnYlU7F0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

lol.

ok, ok, I give!

Comment

Working...
                X