Hybrid TT350GT vs EVO MR then later EVO MR vs CHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid TT350GT vs EVO MR then later EVO MR vs CHP

This was a very exiting weekend for the G. I had several challenges in driving from SD to Murrieta, Murrieta to Oxnard, Oxnard to Murrieta, Murrieta to SD, SD to Oxnard, Oxnard to SD. I don't know what has gotten into me, as I rarely ever partake in street encounters. Regardless, I got my fill this weekend, so here is the 1st of many encounters I had this weekend.

I'll start with the best one and work my way down.

Sunday evening, I get an invite to have dinner with the Lin Family, if I can make it in 2.5 hrs from SD. I head out at 4:30pm and make my way up the 15, over to the 78 W then onto the 5N. The very second I merge onto the 5N I see an EVO and a 4 door Integra doing battle in the rearview mirror. Looks like I caught the end of it as they appear to be shutting down, with the “W” going to the EVO. I continue to mind my business and remain at about 75mph. I try to never be the instigator, so I continue on my way, knowing that at some point one of them will come up to my window to look at the car or issue a challenge. I have already decided that this Integ is a waste of gas, but he pulls up and him and his oversized GF seem impressed by the way the G looks, then he drops it on me and pulls away, only to make a quick exit to Oceanside. I continue north and pass Camp Pendleton, when the EVO comes up to my door and the white boy gives me a head nod and a peace sign. I give him the same respect and let him pass so I can swing around him and get on his right side, where there are no cars in front of both our lanes. There is a fairly long straightaway, at least a half a mile long. I drop to 3rd and we slow to about 40, and then shoot. I give him the honor of dropping the hammer first, I mean, I am a gentleman. I light up 3rd and drop to 4th almost immediately, just to keep the car in boost when we were at 40mph. By the time it was time to negotiate a shift to 5th I was 1.5 lengths in front. That’s when the negotiation did not go my way. I was having a little trouble getting into 5th, I started to coast a bit, so I said, “fuck it” and rather than pleading with the 5th I entered 6th. 6 did just fine as I stayed at 1.5 lengths in front until boost caught up and I started to walk away from him again. We kept this going for some time, even though it was clear that I was not going to lose my lead. With a grin on my face I take my eyes up a bit and see a CHP Bike on the side of the FWY, and I quickly took the car out of gear and hit the brakes and slowed to 60 from about 130mph. The EVO goes rocketing past until he sees the CHP on the side of the FWY. We calmly roll past, without incident and we are safe. At this point we are only 2 miles from the check station going North bound and the traffic becomes heavy. I speeds off a little and we are done.

I see the EVO again in the bumper to bumper traffic and pass him up as my lane is doing very well here. Eventually getting past the check point I am back to my 75 mph cruise speed and I’m underway again. I never see the EVO again until……..The 405N at Jamboree. I am all alone with plenty of room in front and in back of me. I see him approach and he doesn’t even slow to match my pace, he just continues on his way at roughly 85-90. No point in doing more battle, I have less then ½ a take and I still need to get to Oxnard. As the EVO was about 60yards in front of me, I notice another car coming up quickly. This car looks familiar, it’s our old friends the CHP. I let up on the gas and slow a bit, just down to about 68 from my 75 original speed and he passes me without hesitation. I think to myself, “did he see the EVO speeding and weaving?”. Apparently not, as the EVO was far in front and in the fast lane and he makes a large swerve to the far right lane. I guess he intends to exit…… oohhhhh but wait. SURPRISE!!!!! He jams back to the fast lane and here come the lights. Looks like he was hiding behind all the traffic on the right side. OUCH, that had to hurt. Got raped by the G and then the fuzz. I kind of felt bad for a min or two.
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

I kind of felt bad for a min or two.
    pffft no you didnt :P

Comment

Must have been an OZ Lancer.
      hehehehehehe

Comment

sd to oxnard FTL!!!!

Comment

^ i enjoy the cool breeze at oxnard.... for about 5 minutes... as soon as i leave... its a 2.5 hour drive through hell ... lol

Comment

nice

this reminds me of some guy in a mustang trying to race me

i did a quick pull and he gunned it and kept going not knowing there was a CHP hiding like always

and got pulled over ASAP!

lol btw i was on the 5 North to Burbank

Comment

What's your build/tune/output? I'm gonna guess Greddy TT with stock block running a UTEC?

Comment

haha not a stock block built

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  haha not a stock block built
                  Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner! No Utec either. Interesting guesses though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Ding Ding Ding....we have a winner! No Utec either. Interesting guesses though.
                    We should do a run sometime.

Comment

I'll finally have a new front bumper exposing my FMIC completely now, so my heating issues will be resolved. I'd be down for it.

Comment

yea i was going to comment on your front bumper blocking your fmic...

Comment

Originally posted by fern View Post
                          yea i was going to comment on your front bumper blocking your fmic...
                          liar. you've seen it all this time and never brought it up. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            I'll finally have a new front bumper exposing my FMIC completely now, so my heating issues will be resolved. I'd be down for it.
                            Should be fun! My build is roughly 95% finished. All I need to do is upgrade my fuel system and injectors, but I'm too cheap to do that anytime soon . . . . haha.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeIntoViolence View Post
                              Should be fun! My build is roughly 95% finished. All I need to do is upgrade my fuel system and injectors, but I'm too cheap to do that anytime soon . . . . haha.
                              haha, me too. Injectors are my weakness right now. I can't do more than 452.7 WHP becuase 440cc is too small.

Comment

Working...
                              X