Basic Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Intro

yea sup, my names dk. im 16, live in So Cal, irvine. ive been passionate about racing of anykind pretty much. even shopping cart racing with friends or racing my 6 year old brother on those electric chairs for grannies at target. i just recently got my first car, and im excited to anounce that its a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9. i know that really shouldnt be my first car if i dont have any driving experience, but im taking classes for advanced driving/racing, even rally classes. and when my friend announced that he was asked if he could join Team Hybrid, i thought i might get intrested, and i discoverd you guys won the scion challenge, i heard about it, but i didnt get interested because they were scions, and i didnt like scions until recently, until about a year ago. i was a hardcore american muscle fan. my dad was saving money to buy a 1967 ford mustang. and we had an old hemi in the garage lookin for a ride to fit in. well we didnt get the mustang because i screwed up in school. so yea. but now im doin good. he decided to let me choose a car thats less then 25 grand. i told him an evo 9. i know its 31-35 grand. but he got excited when he saw it so he agreed. but yea. i know im a little young to begin getting interested into tuning and mechanic and racing. but its just the way i am. i loved working on our 1978 jaguar vandam plaze, and when my mom got a 2001 honda civic, i was like.. hmm. so i worked on it with my dad, he taught me how to do a light tune, and after my mom crashed it. we re-worked the entire front end, installed a new radiator, new fender. but yea. our most recently project together is our 1979 porsche 911 sc turbo, weve been workin on restoriing it for about 4 months, it was in a bad shape, interior lookd like it was slashed with a knife, all over the pace, ciggarette burns on the carpet and ceiling for sum reason, but apparently for a car that was sittin on the driveway of an old lady for almost 18 years, it runs fine, and has literaly no RUST!!! so body restoring was easy, we just finished sanding it and wet sanding, but im in africa right now so when i get back were finishing it up, and getting an engine overhaul because its kinda not to what it can be, but its in nice shape, if u want to see wut it looks like. its on my myspace www.myspace.com/darken1gma. he also taught me how to swap engines, and taught me how to find cheap parts. that are just as good as new ones. but i honestly would always perfer new parts over junkyard parts.. haha

but yea. my main problem at the moment is that im highly inexperienced in high tuning and professional tuning, especialy in an evo. and since the evo 9 is reletivly new. i cant find any high performance parts for it. and there arnt that many. if u want htem. u have to custom order them. and i dont have that much money. but i was hoping that team hybrid would help me out with my lil delema. i was also planning on joining once i get it nice and running. and when i get a decent job security with kragen auto parts.. =D but yea.
    just wanted to put it out there, that im highly interested in working on cars. in my past. ive only worked on 2004 mustangs, 79 jaguars, 01 hondas, 79 porsches, 96 GMC yukons, very little on my friends evo 8 he just blew a water pipeline, and he thought it was gas for sum retarded reason and was scared to start his car thinking it was going to blow. hahaha and then i worked on a 2007 dodge caliber, but yea. as u can tell.. not so much experience with imports, i know how to install turbos and stuff, and if i ever have a problem i just head up to kragen, but recently. i cant go there since im 30000 miles away from home. but yea. ive been lookin online, cant find anything.

but yea. just wanted to introduce myself. if anyone has the time, or pateince to help out someone as hardheaded as me. then be my guest, i can stay in contact through e mail. myspace. aim, or this forum. but yea. im planning to make a cararear from cars.. =D

thanks..

ariles

Basic Intro

yea sup, my names dk. im 16, live in So Cal, irvine. ive been passionate about racing of anykind pretty much. even shopping cart racing with friends or racing my 6 year old brother on those electric chairs for grannies at target. i just recently got my first car, and im excited to anounce that its a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9. i know that really shouldnt be my first car if i dont have any driving experience, but im taking classes for advanced driving/racing, even rally classes. and when my friend announced that he was asked if he could join Team Hybrid, i thought i might get intrested, and i discoverd you guys won the scion challenge, i heard about it, but i didnt get interested because they were scions, and i didnt like scions until recently, until about a year ago. i was a hardcore american muscle fan. my dad was saving money to buy a 1967 ford mustang. and we had an old hemi in the garage lookin for a ride to fit in. well we didnt get the mustang because i screwed up in school. so yea. but now im doin good. he decided to let me choose a car thats less then 25 grand. i told him an evo 9. i know its 31-35 grand. but he got excited when he saw it so he agreed. but yea. i know im a little young to begin getting interested into tuning and mechanic and racing. but its just the way i am. i loved working on our 1978 jaguar vandam plaze, and when my mom got a 2001 honda civic, i was like.. hmm. so i worked on it with my dad, he taught me how to do a light tune, and after my mom crashed it. we re-worked the entire front end, installed a new radiator, new fender. but yea. our most recently project together is our 1979 porsche 911 sc turbo, weve been workin on restoriing it for about 4 months, it was in a bad shape, interior lookd like it was slashed with a knife, all over the pace, ciggarette burns on the carpet and ceiling for sum reason, but apparently for a car that was sittin on the driveway of an old lady for almost 18 years, it runs fine, and has literaly no RUST!!! so body restoring was easy, we just finished sanding it and wet sanding, but im in africa right now so when i get back were finishing it up, and getting an engine overhaul because its kinda not to what it can be, but its in nice shape, if u want to see wut it looks like. its on my myspace www.myspace.com/darken1gma. he also taught me how to swap engines, and taught me how to find cheap parts. that are just as good as new ones. but i honestly would always perfer new parts over junkyard parts.. haha

but yea. my main problem at the moment is that im highly inexperienced in high tuning and professional tuning, especialy in an evo. and since the evo 9 is reletivly new. i cant find any high performance parts for it. and there arnt that many. if u want htem. u have to custom order them. and i dont have that much money. but i was hoping that team hybrid would help me out with my lil delema. i was also planning on joining once i get it nice and running. and when i get a decent job security with kragen auto parts.. =D but yea.
    just wanted to put it out there, that im highly interested in working on cars. in my past. ive only worked on 2004 mustangs, 79 jaguars, 01 hondas, 79 porsches, 96 GMC yukons, very little on my friends evo 8 he just blew a water pipeline, and he thought it was gas for sum retarded reason and was scared to start his car thinking it was going to blow. hahaha and then i worked on a 2007 dodge caliber, but yea. as u can tell.. not so much experience with imports, i know how to install turbos and stuff, and if i ever have a problem i just head up to kragen, but recently. i cant go there since im 30000 miles away from home. but yea. ive been lookin online, cant find anything.

but yea. just wanted to introduce myself. if anyone has the time, or pateince to help out someone as hardheaded as me. then be my guest, i can stay in contact through e mail. myspace. aim, or this forum. but yea. im planning to make a cararear from cars.. =D

thanks..

ariles
    Last edited by Enigma Wolf; 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma Wolf View Post
      and when my friend announced that he was asked if he could join Team Hybrid, i thought i might get intrested,
      ...and who is your friend that was asked to join?

since the evo 9 is reletivly new. i cant find any high performance parts for it. and there arnt that many. if u want htem. u have to custom order them. and i dont have that much money. but i was hoping that team hybrid would help me out with my lil delema.
      can please explain further by what you mean in your above statement?

Comment

my friends name is Andy Doe

and well. i need help finding parts for my evo. so like.. yea. iono.. fuck. like i said.. im new here so i dont know the way around soo much. all i want to do is know people. know thier rides. and what they did to them. so it expandes my knowledge.. so yea. but i was wondering if anyone here has got any evo 9 tups for me or anything. cuz i could use em =\

Comment

First off, welcome to the forum. Please send a written proposal to [email protected]. That is the best way to begin processing your application to The Team.

The evo has been around since 2003 in the US and the early 90s over seas in the Eur-Asian markets. You really can't leave the dealership or get on any import related website without tripping over info, parts and forums for the car.

Jeff Han own www.500whp.com. He's a Team Hybrid Member and his main business is Evos.

I recomend that you register on http://socalevo.net as well. That website will help you a lot with information regarding the car. Just remember to use the SEARCH feature before you post questions that have been answered to death.

Cheers,

Jason

Comment

welcome but i would go as far and say there aren't any high performance parts for the evo cause there are tons of parts for it. Cause just like jason said the evo has been around in the usa since 2003 and the only difference from the evo 8 and 9 is mainly mivec which only affect certain performance parts but definitly check out www.socalevo.net cause there is alot of good information there

Comment

my friends name is Andy Doe
              never heard of such person.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300eR View Post
                never heard of such person.
                He never joined nor became a probie. I was the one who told him to join a while back, but he just posted on the forums a couple times at most.

Welcome to the forums Enigma.

Comment

lol enigma + 2 to all skills.... + 1 to teleport LOL
                  <= USWest NL, Hybrid_CL9

Comment

who's this friend of yours that we asked to join us?

edit: nevermind didn't realize it was a double post

Comment

lol that guy is gonna build a show EVO from scratch and be done with it before Tall ___ puts wheels on his. lol

Comment

No performance parts for an Evo? Where do you live dude? lol.

Comment

longest intro ever

Comment

hahaha funny guy over here... krazy french pple ........ yea i'll c u in vegas bitch hahaha

Comment

well i went on evo8.com and everything. i know there are parts and shit. but like i said, im new to the evo. so i went on here purposly to get more backround info, and learn as much as possible, and no im not trying to make a show evo or anything. kinda like a project. but yea.. the socalevo.net is workin out for me. thanks. peace

Comment

Working...
                              X