GAH! Porsche problem need help. =\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAH! Porsche problem need help. =\

Yea, well anyway. i got a small problem with my dad, we got into an aurgument about our porsche on the meaning of SC, cuz we own a 1978 porsche 911 SC

but yea

my argument

SC = Super Coupe, because my dads friend used to own one, and is a porsche fanatic and said thats wut it means. and in my NFS porsche unleashed game, its considered as super coupe. and the porsche dealer in newport told me it means either super coupe or sport coupe. also, in porsche history, during the 70's after 75, porsche made no Carrera models. =\

Dads agrument

SC = Super Carrera, because it doesnt make sense to have SC mean super coupe when a porsche can be called the 911 SC cabriolet, (have to admit, that stings) and in our kragen auto guide, it says super carrera

its a 400 dollar bet, and like.. yea.. =D would like to win this one.

but if u guys have any information backing up any of these sides, tell me. cuz if my dads right, then ill pay him up, but yea. help me out. ive searched everywhere online i even went on rennleased.com for info. and like.. same problem, everyone is like SUPER CARRERA! SUPER COUPE!! RAWRGH!!

but yea.. HELP ME OUTTTT!!!! want to know the truth on this..

k.. peace thanks for ur help

Ariles

Google is your friend, dude.
    http://www.adelgigs.com/911schistory.shtml

It stands for "Super Carerra," your dad is right. Looks like your wallet is $400 lighter. LOL.

Comment

I had a p-car savvy neighbor and he told me Porsche never revealed what SC stood for.

Comment

ergh.. bro.. i found like 6 other sites saying SC stands for super coupe. and like an equal amount ranting that super carrera is.

but i need like solid evidence, and this is the first time an auto dealer has failed me.. I NEED A PRO!

and like yea.. this is retarded.. porsche never released it huh? grr.. well.. iono.,. ill wait sum more and see wut other people have to say.

and my dad hates breakin even or ties. hes like.. theres only winners or losers, no tiers. -.- *no pun intended*

Comment

I believe one of teh back issues of GenroQ magazine featured the SC's and its history, but i'm not certain as to if it explained the full subname. sorry.

Best i can suggest is multiple dealers.

[edit] or better yet see if you can hunt down the original service manuals and advertisements for teh car in old library newspaper archives. those always say what the subnames are. microfile prints can be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
            I believe one of teh back issues of GenroQ magazine featured the SC's and its history, but i'm not certain as to if it explained the full subname. sorry.

Best i can suggest is multiple dealers.

[edit] or better yet see if you can hunt down the original service manuals and advertisements for teh car in old library newspaper archives. those always say what the subnames are. microfile prints can be helpful.
            u know what? we have all the original papers, like everything we paid for and brought for it, and everything, even the manuel, BUT EVEN IN THE FUCKING MANUEL IT DOESNT SAY!!!!!!!

HOW RETARDED IS THAT!! we have all the papers and everything, and its like.. god.. porsche did this on purpose so i can get screwed up the ass.. -.-

shit..

and ive tried like 8 local dealers, even one in nevada.. =\

Comment

Super Crazy!!!!

Comment

^ lol

Comment

super compensator... lol

Comment

post removed by mod.

Please watch the language.
                    Also, insulting team members will quickly result in an IP ban.

Thanks for understanding.

Jason

Comment

13...31... same difference

Comment

Working...
                      X