Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Hogan Jailed

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309017,00.html

Hulk Hogan's Son Nick Arrested in Connection With Car Crash That Injured Friend

CLEARWATER, Fla. — Wrestler Hulk Hogan's son turned himself in Wednesday on charges stemming from a street-racing crash this summer that critically injured a passenger in his car, police said.

Nick Bollea, 17, was arrested on charges of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, Clearwater police spokeswoman Elizabeth Daly-Watts said. He arrived at the Pinellas County Jail handcuffed and accompanied by two police officers, The Tampa Tribune reported.

"Because Nick is still a juvenile and has no prior criminal record, we are disappointed that he is being charged as an adult offender. However, we are confident that the evidence will demonstrate that this was an accident," family spokesman Adam Handelsman said in a written statement.

The statement also sought to discredit reports that Bollea caused the crash by driving fast, saying preliminary expert reports indicated that it was not a high-speed accident.

Police said Bollea was racing his father's 1998 Toyota Supra against a Dodge Viper on Aug. 26 when the car Bollea was driving struck a curb, spun across two lanes of traffic and slammed rear-end first into a palm tree. His passenger, John Graziano, was critically injured.

Graziano, 22, suffered a broken skull and has been comatose at Bayfront Medical Center, according to medical professionals who examined him and submitted reports on his condition to court.

In addition to the reckless driving charge, authorities cited Bollea for using a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, being a driver under 21 while operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of .02 percent or higher and having illegal window tinting. The blood-alcohol level at which Florida law presumes a driver to be impaired is .08 percent.

"Nick will meet and answer these charges in the appropriate arena a court of law," attorneys Sandy Weinberg Jr. and Kevin Hayslett said a statement released on their client's behalf.

The Viper's driver, 22-year-old Daniel Jacobs, did not directly cause the crash but was summoned to court for a reckless driving charge.

Hulk Hogan picked up his son from the jail after a brief news conference.

he better be found guilty

Comment

and now Mrs. Hogan (who i really think is a dude) is filing for divorce.

i dont mean to sound like a dick. but i guess i will: i hope Nick Hogan gets jailed.

Comment

Originally posted by phatpinoyboy View Post
        and now Mrs. Hogan (who i really think is a dude) is filing for divorce.

i dont mean to sound like a dick. but i guess i will: i hope Nick Hogan gets jailed.
        +1

Comment

is she filing for divorce because of that or just because the smell of hogan's outdated mustache bleach makes her want to puke?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jalopnik/1249643612/

that poor car. sniffle sniffle.
          Last edited by xtina_mchawaii; 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

she wants a divorce so she can snap into macho man's slim jim. lol. OOOOOOOOOOOhhhHH YYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/409/

Comment

Originally posted by xtina_mchawaii View Post
              is she filing for divorce because of that or just because the smell of hogan's outdated mustache bleach makes her want to puke?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jalopnik/1249643612/

that poor car. sniffle sniffle.

seriously.... supras are going extinct :'(

Comment

but attempts to clone the 93-98 toyota supra MKIV by Hyundai have partially failed, with its wrong-wheel drive system.
                however the 2009 model is riiiight about close

Comment

Just got sentenced to 8 months in jail. GG

Comment

finally..

Comment

+1. should be more jail time though

Comment

Originally posted by phatpinoyboy View Post

but attempts to clone the 93-98 toyota supra MKIV by Hyundai have partially failed, with its wrong-wheel drive system.
                        however the 2009 model is riiiight about close

Comment

Working...
                        X