• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCAl #2

Well...I'm a "probie"

Name is Daniel,

..still have a lot of work to do.

Last edited by dlouie87; 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM.

Originally posted by dlouie87 View Post
    I just want some information.
    Originally posted by Jason View Post
    For those of you who are interested in joining Team Hybrid, please read up on Wayne Chen's letter to you for more information.

http://teamhybrid.com/joinhybrid.htm

Dear Potential Recruit:

The first requirement is that you actually have to live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comCalifornia</st1:State> because we are and will only remain a <ST1<st1:State w:st="on">California</st1:State></ST1 team.

If you qualify for that you need to send in a proposal via e-mail to: [email protected]. Jason MacGill is our Recruiting Director. He reviews the proposal first before taking it to our board to get approval. Once it is approved, the potential member will be invited to our next meeting. During the meeting, the potential member will go through a team-wide interview. After the meeting, the potential member will then be set aside and have a personal meeting with Jason MacGill and possibly any other co-leaders that are interested in attending the meeting. The potential recruit then has a chance then to decide if Team Hybrid is the team he/she wants to join. If he/she decides not to, there will be no hard feelings but a warm handshake. If he/she decides to join, they will then be handed Team Hybrid’s probationary contract (with a monthly fee of 30 dollars) and probationary standard operation manual. Team Hybrid operates on a democratic voting system. All members are voted in democratically. Thus after signing on to the contract, it is all up to the probationary member to network with people on the team and to have them vote you in.

The proposal that you send to Jason MacGill will have to consist of: 1) Introduction (who you are? background? education? etc. etc.) - we highly stress educational background because we believe that having a good education brings forth a person's professional image - which we must keep up due to our corporate sponsors. 2) Why did you choose Team Hybrid? 3) Why should Team Hybrid choose you? (This is one of the most important part. What we are trying to see is what distinguishes you from any other candidates - on the average month, your proposal will be competing with 5-10 other people that are trying to get on probation). 4) Your current modification 5) Your future modification.

Your vehicle does not have to be show quality or amazing to join Team Hybrid. Half of our team (we have roughly 50+ members) do not have a show quality vehicle. But what Team Hybrid strive is to nurture them, grow them, guide them in the import scene in order for them to be the next superstars of Team Hybrid. We understand that it takes time, money, vision, ambition, and good taste to build an award winning and magazine published vehicle. The team and the management group is there to help out any individual members that are in need. I will personally conduct 2 networking seminars each year to teach our members how to obtain sponsors, follow up, network, and etc. Moreover, I encourage all members to come with our management team and our staff during trade shows to witness and learn how we lobby for corporate sponsors. We call this "building your pipeline". Growing the next batch of superstars is always one of our TOP PRIORITY.

All in all, cars are only a part of Team Hybrid. What we try to create is an atmosphere of successful individuals. A big networking team in order to help each other not only in cars; but in life/career and etc. Our team currently composes of doctors, engineers, business owners, corporate managers, graduate students, undergraduate students, and etc. Moreover, Team Hybrid (after 12+ years of existence) continues to be a big family. Our Events Coordinator director plan events such as Sunday b-ball/bbq, Wednesday night Starbucks run, Monday night bowling, Saturday night drinking/clubbing, etc, in order to provide an environment of interaction between our members outside of car shows.

I am personally honored that you have selected Team Hybrid as a Team you would like to be apart of. I wish you good luck on your proposal and our "family" looks forward to meet you in person.

Sincerely Yours,

Wayne Chen
    Team Hybrid
    Vice President

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post

i know...i already read this. I got a email from james and he told me to post here or something.

I was just wondering the obligation. I live like 3 hours from the bay area. I dont know how i would make it to some of the meetings , especially with most of the members from so-cal

Comment

You are obligated to:

- Learn The Team history
        - Represent us in good faith
        - Adhere a hierarchical etiquette
        - Be present at 12 meetings per year (Usually 30 day prior notice given)
        - Be present for all required shows/activities/events
        - Be present for break out sessions (star buck runs)
        - Communicate to the team/co-leaders at all times
        - Keep your allowance current

Your vehicle is our our disposal at any time for:

- Events
        - Shows
        - Sales Activities
        - Media Publications
        - Cinematic Opportunities

These are the general rules of thumb.
        Further details will be explained when you introduce yourself formally to The Team at a meeting.

Comment

There is a northern california chapter of Team Hybrid. If you cannot make it to the so-cal meetings then you can always check out their monthly meetings and get to know the crew up there.

If you want to be a gangster like Dustin who will be driving down from Freemont each month just so he can attend the Southern California meets heheheh too gangsta

Comment

A few of us will be at the J's Gather/JDM Theory event. See you there.

Comment

for a second i thought ian won the lottery.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, clean car.

Comment

looking forward to meet everyone at DTM VS JDM.

Comment

Working...
                  X