X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irwindale 5/22/08 is the next day for drag

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler_Alex View Post
      i have a bit of internal work,im dropping some Blueprint Stage 2 Camshafts , and a good tuner which i know eric is aware of is going to tune my car to make more power
      Wrong cams. Blueprint cams are N/A cams. You should be looking into IPS F/I cams.

Some people successfully used mild N/A cams with hugeee turbos, that's about it.

Comment

dragging is gay.

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
          Wrong cams. Blueprint cams are N/A cams. You should be looking into IPS F/I cams.

Some people successfully used mild N/A cams with hugeee turbos, that's about it.
          It's a bolt on turbo no gt series,no need for forced induction cams,the stage 2 skunk 2 cams have the same size slopes as the bluprint,

Comment

dragging is gay.
            put your lsd to work lol

Comment

It's a bolt on turbo no gt series,no need for forced induction cams,the stage 2 skunk 2 cams have the same size slopes as the bluprint,
              skunk2 are also n/a cams. skunk2 has always been a hardcore n/a shop till recently.

you need this.

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/KT1.html

Comment

put your lsd to work lol
                i do. it's called accelerating during the turns. lawl.

Comment

i do. it's called accelerating during the turns. lawl.
                  and still no traction lol

Comment

and still no traction lol
                    i get traction... i still get a little wheel spin but its night and day difference on the ability to accelerate on turns.

Comment

dragging is gay.
                      Ofcourse it is, since your car can't.

I'm not convinced that an RSX is all that great on a track either.
                      ITR > everything on a track

Why turbo your RSX if you want to track it?
                      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

calm down jason , no one's being mean. i thought this was just a bag on everyone's car post. sorry alex i was just messing around with you. you can talk ish about evo's all you want buddy. I just like a little friendly horse play from time to time

Comment

Another ITR plug... This is in reference to RealTime racing fleet of ITR's.

The legendary Acura Integras the team has campaigned over the past five years to the most wins of any models ever in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship.

I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

when you mean ITR, do you mean DC2 type-r, not including DC5 type-r?

dc5 type-r versus dc2 type-r (stock vs stock), the dc5 type-r is a lot faster than dc2 type-r.

IMO, n/a is better on a track. linear power curve is way easier to drive. and too much power from a turbo is hard to drive on a track.

IMO, best way to achieve speed on a fwd is...

a.) weight reduction
                            b.) maximize n/a motor efficiency
                            c.) good gearing
                            d.) lsd.
                            e.) small front sway, big rear sway. this makes the car oversteer
                            f.) wide negative offset wheels up front, less wide more positive wheels in the rear. this makes car oversteer .
                            g.) a shit load of camber in front, minimal camber in rear.

and that's pretty much it. basically, lightweight, short gearing, lsd'ed, and suspension setup so that the car rotates super easy (rear sway in rear and tiny tires in back)
                            Last edited by coredump; 05-15-2008, 05:12 PM. Reason: added list.

Comment

the only two disadvantage on dc5s are

a.) weight (we weigh more than dc2s)
                              b.) our funky ass macpherson double wishbone setup in front.

b is pretty much what is fucking DC5s up on the track. we can go fast. we can't go super crazy fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Another ITR plug... This is in reference to RealTime racing fleet of ITR's.

The legendary Acura Integras the team has campaigned over the past five years to the most wins of any models ever in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship.

i dont think RT tracks DC2s anymore. they race dc5s and cl7s.

Comment

Working...
                                X