Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Hybrid - www.GTRBlog.com - 2009 Nissan GT-R (R35)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Hybrid - www.GTRBlog.com - 2009 Nissan GT-R (R35)

Hybridz:

Congratulations to Darin ‘Kunani’ Ferraro's 2009 Nissan GT-R (R35) for being featured in a story about SEMA 2008 on www.GTRBlog.com. Yesterday, on the thread I made about Paul's EVO IX being in Super Street Magazine, I said, "...wait till you see the re-done and new project cars we are building that will be coming out soon esp. for the 2009 show/race schedule w/ our title sponsor BFG/Michelin." Today is the first day of SEMA and already, one of our new projects for 2009 is making news. The new cars you will be seeing towards the end of this year are going to be some of our top future superstars. It is the next generation of Hybridz that will be taking us to the 15 year goal.

Credit goes out to Darin Ferraro, LV Probie, for buying and building the car in such a short amount of time. Chris "Chef" Haydostian, LV Director in Training, for all the behind the scenes work. Robert Chew, Events Director, for approving the car for the Falken Booth @ SEMA. Lastly, I will do what I can to help Darin with some of the 2009 plan(s) I have for the car as well as getting it in major publications. All levels working together for the greater good of our team. No selfishness and no one acting/being a pre-madonna. This is team work at its best, baby.

SEMA 2008: Kunani's / Budez GT-R / Hybrid @ Falken Tires Booth

Going from a standard car to a highly modified SEMA showpiece is not an easy task at all but when you personally do it in just thirty days, manage to find time to squeeze in a photo shoot and it ends up looking this good you’re doing-it-right™ in my book.

Darin ‘Kunani’ Ferraro did just that when he took his white 2009 Nissan GT-R and built this beast. With an impressive modifications list he’s managed to make something that stands out from the crowd. You can check it out at the Falken Tire booth (#43027) So what’s it got?

Exterior:

Color Matched Lower Body Panels
    Color Matched Rear Diffuser
    Auto Select Devil Front Carbon Splitter/Lip
    Auto Select Carbon Canards
    Auto Select Carbon Bumper Panel
    Moonface Red Tow Hook
    AIT Racing Carbon Hood w/Paint Matched Sides
    AeroMotion Computer Controlled Split Carbon Wing (In Ref to 1968 JGP Winning R381)
    You have to watch the video of that rear wing by the way, it’s insane.

Interior:

Bride Gias Maziora Race Seats (Red/Black Inserts/Purple/Green Maziora)
    Schroth ASM Silver Racing Harnesses
    Custom Welded/Designed Removable Harness Bar
    Custom Video Display Hack by Adrey
    Nos Brand 10lb Polished Bottle for Cryo
    Nos Launcher Computer (Auto Control Cryo of Intercooler at Specific RPM Points)
    Mobile WIFI Hot Spot (3G high speed WIFI N/G net access within 300 feet of car)

Wheels:

20″ RAYS Gram Lights 57GT Matte Black (9.5 and 10.5 rear)
    Rays Lightweight Aluminum Racing Lug Nuts
    Falken FK-452 Tires (245/40 and 275/35 F/R)
    Swift Prototype Progressive Race Springs (Lowered car by 1 inch)

Engine:

Dual ARC Intercoolers
    Nos Snake Spray Bar
    Turbosmart Dual Port BOVs
    Samco White Hoses
    Upgraded Clamps/T-Bolts
    Cobb AccessPORT Reflash
    XS Race Battery
    XS Billet Aluminum Battery Mount
    Amuse Titanium Exhaust + High Flow Cats
    K&N Drop in panel filter replacements

For more on the article and to see a picture of the R35 in the Falken Booth @ SEMA 2008, please visit:

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...ken-tir?blog=4

Hybrid luv,

James Lin
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Nice Darin, can't wait to see your car in person on Thursday =)

Comment

whole e. crap

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...S&autoplay=yes
      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

i like it ! nice car man

Comment

very very clean

Comment

That's nothing...I'm at SEMA right now and believe it or not but have ya'll heard of Rhys Millen...Well, Rhys drooled over Darin's car, and spent a long time talking to Darin- he was digging the prototyped wing...I can tell you this, he knows Team Hybrid now...This is how we roll baby...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              +1 that's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

.. wow.. gratz darrin!!

Comment

id like to know more about that wing.

Comment

omg!!!!! that is crazy

Comment

awesome, that wing is badddd assss! congrats on making such an impact on the first day mane!

Comment

Thanks guys! I really enjoy tearing this car apart and putting it back together a few times! Its coming out great and I'm really happy with the SEMA stage of the build. More 'money is no object' additions coming as soon as the show is over!

The wing is amazing and I have more video coming soon. It got taped and shot a zillion times today on the first day of sema. So I'm sure pics will be posted soon.

In a nut shell, the wing was custom built for my car. I paid a lot extra for the designers to build a custom version matching the aero spec of this car and they pulled through in a month with tons of overtime. Two accelerometers and yaw meter tied to the GTR ecu to measure in realtime speed, turning g force, braking, etc. The wing is split, and changes downforce to the wheel that needs it in real time. It's an amazing design, using only top quality materials including pre-preg carbon on the wings.

The guys also custom built a mode which allows us to play a video of this wing on Buttonwillow raceway on my nav screen and have the wings move in sync with the wings on the video.. so you can see exactly how the mechanisms work up close. Amazingly high tech stuff!

Total cost of the wing alone including the base setup, custom mods, overtime, flying them out for install over 3 days, custom paint, etc totals $10k! Probably the most expensive wing out there, and the first on a GT-R street/race car! It costs a lot to be first But its worth every penny.

Another detail you may not have noticed are the end plates which are a flipped and reduced version of the 'swords edge' shape of the rear side windows! This helps match the profile view of the wing with the design of the car, color matched end plates mixed with pre-preg carbon help tied in this wing to look like factory design.

It was great to meet Rhys Millen and talk to him about the car/wing. He seemed very impressed! Nice props for all the hard work!

Comment

dang man! that's some crazy stuff. i'm sure if you got that much on the first day then the rest of the week will be much more to come.

Comment

very nice darin congrats

Comment

Congrats Darin! very well deserved.

Comment

Working...
                              X