Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Guy...Pontiac G8 GT

New Guy...Pontiac G8 GT

I'm a full time working student as well as a Iraqi/ Afghanastan Veteran. I've been into the import scene since 95' and have had a 91' Saturn w/100 shot, 91 CRX w/H22 swap, 93' civic hatch w/LS Vtec, 96' Nissan 200sx w/SR20Det swap. I've always had pretty quick cars and have always loved drag racing. I never really cared about show or if my car was the best looking, but since I bought my new Pontiac I've been wanting to keep it clean w/the addition of power. Here are a few photos of my car.

Welcome to the forums.... Nice looking car aswell!

nice car! should of put 56k warning on the top LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by incon3037r View Post
    I'm a full time working student as well as a Iraqi/ Afghanastan Veteran. I've been into the import scene since 95' and have had a 91' Saturn w/100 shot, 91 CRX w/H22 swap, 93' civic hatch w/LS Vtec, 96' Nissan 200sx w/SR20Det swap. I've always had pretty quick cars and have always loved drag racing. I never really cared about show or if my car was the best looking, but since I bought my new Pontiac I've been wanting to keep it clean w/the addition of power. Here are a few photos of my car.
    Hi and welcome.

But hmm....

Banned
    ya i agree with eric.
    we aim to for the best

Welcome to the boards! I like how the G8 is set-up, plus i like the burn-out shots What was getting done to the engine bay? anyways, diggin the ride, cya around!

Thanks for the complements and sorry about the photo sizes and amounts. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Em View Post
    Welcome to the boards! I like how the G8 is set-up, plus i like the burn-out shots What was getting done to the engine bay? anyways, diggin the ride, cya around!
    Thanks, the engine is having a Kenne Bell 2.6 liter supercharger installed.

Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    Hi and welcome.

But hmm....
    I wasn't disrespecting the show scene at all. I was just never really into it. I was young and just wanted to hang out at the street races. I'm 30 years old now and I just want to build a clean ride, but still have power on tap when needed. I apologize for any confusion.

No disrespect taken at all. I was just a little ??? when I saw that statement posted in the prospective members subforum.

There are still ways to build a clean performing ride. For example, I'm sure there is a clean lip kit, big brake kit (I'm sure Wilwood makes one), perhaps some leather wrapped reclinable racing seats (Sparco, etc...), roll bar (leather or suede wrapped), etc...

For engine bay, Fluidyne radiator, some nice silicone hoses, etc...

But since I <3 big brake kits, definitely a big brake kit.

Welcome to the forums!

I absolutely love the G8.

Then again, i'm a hardcore Holden fan, so i'd end up steering you toward that route lol.