Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend me some alloys :D

hey all

thinking of changing my current alloys (advan rg II in gold 16")

car is a 2000 yellow civic ek hatch back

(havin probels with photo bucket will try get pics asap)

anyone any ideas as i dont know where to start,

thanks

al
    Last edited by vtec.al; 05-27-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: pic added

What is your budget? Why not some Gram Lights

Comment

TE-37's...the white ones will make the rims stand out more, the bronze ones will make the car stand out more

ill post up more wheel choices when i find a good one

Comment

go with some 15'' spoon rims.

Comment

If you have the funds, I'd suggest going old-school or rare-as-fawk if you want to stand out from other civics. Love the TE's, but I see 'em everywhere nowadays, so possibly changing things up by getting the magnesiums or even discontinued ones? IMO thicker 5-star spokes have always made hatchbacks look slightly bigger and more aggressive in stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
            If you have the funds, I'd suggest going old-school or rare-as-fawk if you want to stand out from other civics. Love the TE's, but I see 'em everywhere nowadays, so possibly changing things up by getting the magnesiums or even discontinued ones? IMO thicker 5-star spokes have always made hatchbacks look slightly bigger and more aggressive in stance.
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
              Originally posted by Em View Post
              TE-37's...the white ones will make the rims stand out more, the bronze ones will make the car stand out more

ill post up more wheel choices when i find a good one
              thats what ive being thinking so far, just want to get something perfect for the job

thanks for the replys

Comment

priced the volks so there out of the question lol

Comment

Originally posted by vtec.al View Post
                  priced the volks so there out of the question lol
                  lol then what are u looking for now? I like the way it is with the RG II's. U just need a big brake kit for the front calipers, turbo your b-series, get the red (or yellow) recaros for the Type-R's and you're done!!

Comment

get the red (or yellow) recaros for the Type-R's!!
                    +1 on that

Comment

lol then what are u looking for now? I like the way it is with the RG II's. U just need a big brake kit for the front calipers, turbo your b-series, get the red (or yellow) recaros for the Type-R's and you're done!!
                      what about black dc2 seats?

yellow are rare

i was considering a b18 transplant,

not many turbo 1.6 civics here,

there bad for getting the tractio ndown though??

what power would it be making then

Comment

Originally posted by vtec.al View Post
                        what about black dc2 seats?

yellow are rare

i was considering a b18 transplant,

not many turbo 1.6 civics here,

there bad for getting the tractio ndown though??

what power would it be making then
                        yeah the yellow recaros are rare so if you have it then it'll totally set your car apart Especially since ur car is painted yellow.

I honestly think ur car is coming along good...the red seats willl benefit you if you want to get a little more 'flair' on your appearance of the car because black seats (although sleek) are plain to the eye. If you dont care about that then go with black. I think you should try red first and then switch to black if you dont like how it makes your civic look.

yeah turbo'ing ur ride would require fatty tires in the front (with low pressure) and a stiff rear to keep the power on the ground. You will get killed from a dig (most of the time) but your 3rd gear to 5th will be insane. Keep in mind that a ball bearing turbo kit would probably be best for a front wheel drive since it'll hold your spool a little better at the lower rpms.

Which kind of b16 do you have right now? JUN (the jdm company) has a 2.1 litre stroker kit for the B16...i'd rather do that than transplant a b18 (unless if you were planning on getting a B18C1, keeping the sleeves stock and boosting 10 - 12 lbs. with careful tuning. (this latter route has been proven to last amongst my group of 'street' car friends...even on sohc motors). if you go B18, the B18C1 is best for turbo b/c its compression is less than the Type-R b18C/ b18c5 here in the states. And also match it with a GS-R (i think its SiR-G in japan and europe) transmission for the longer gears (especially the final drive). The b16a stock isn't so bad for turbo, but we all know bigger displacement is better.

Orrrrrrr, if you want crazy all-motor power, then transplant a k20 (a1/ a2 doesn't really matter for an ek chassis...imo). You'd prolly get more traction and an evenly distributed power (to the ground) output. (the Ha-sport k20 EG got pretty good reviews on the "American Touge" episode on Hot Version (or something like that). You should check that one out.

If my turbo ever finishes... (God willing haha) then I'd be happy if I push 340 - 380 bhp (although my kit is rated at 400+). I think even 320 is good enough for a little car like ours. Granted we wont beat the 500 whp awd cars..but its sure a fun ride
                        Last edited by Em; 06-22-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

thanks for the feeback em,

going to put a little more research into it, heard the k20 swap is mantal on torque steer,
                          have to work out a budget but dont want to do a cheap job either lol

Comment

Working...
                          X