No announcement yet.

New Hope-to-be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless brakes is a great idea...I'm still scanning around the internet for pics of dbs with jdms. I guess I haven't seen enough to appreciate a sedan with a jdm front, but I've seen too many dcs with them and it kinda turned me off of them. But someone in Bonita is selling a jdm itr front (less radiator bracket) for 1200!

Comment

Yep, JDM front is a must. The key from there is to get a tasteful kit to set it off from the rest. A rare front end like Backyard Special would look good in white.
      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

yea in teamhybrid u need endless at minimum for bbk haha..seriously...

Comment

I'll check around for prices on the bbk...I just don't want the brakes to seem to over do it in comparison that my gsr is stock(awaiting that greddy turbo for a good price). I'm weary it might throw it off balance. But I always thought that backyard specials were for eg only...I'll see if that jdm front is still for sale when I saw it. I like the azect front ends

Comment

The Aztect is just a lip kit. Full bumper replacement is best.

This is the BYS front.

I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

^^whoops! Oh, ok I was thinking the Azect was a full bumper. But I found a guy who can get me a jdm front(less radiator support) and maybe I'll put it on this coming week. I don't know yet if it's the sir or itr yet, waiting on pics. But the radiator support is weld-on, right?

Comment

^^whoops! Oh, ok I was thinking the Azect lip was a whole bumper. I found a guy who can get me a jdm front (less radiator support) and maybe I'll put that on this coming week. The radiator support...um, is that bolt- or weld-on?

Comment

^^sorry forget the first post. I thought I didn't go through, but found out it's an itr

Comment

Originally posted by rikkireyes View Post
                    ^^sorry forget the first post. I thought I didn't go through, but found out it's an itr
                    ah icic

yeah, the conversion will require a new radiator support welded back on if you desire. I recommend a crash bar being welded back on or use a real jdm front clip so that you get a little more protection during front end collisions (knock on wood that it wont happen)

as for me, if i had to re-do my car, i would leave the usdm front end if i'm going to turbo my ride. but thats just my preference after having the front end. its obvious that for shows, the usdm front end probably wont cut it...but then again, if u had a 5 lug conversion, ccrazy paint, bbk, clean interior and built motor...one would b able to get away with it

bys bumper is coo, that white teg is probably the most famous one with that bumper. Couple other kits are the max/ rando spots, c-westin, aztec lip is always clean, or top secret bumper (i dunno if u can get these anymore).

i think that the next mod u should do is the 5 lug conversion what do u think?

Comment

well, the reason I brought up the radiator thing is I'm trying to score a jdm front from a guy for a grand; but no radiator support. I do want to go Azect lip after, then turbo the sedan (at least that's my current idea. But I checked on Options (optauto.com) and they're selling all this extra stuff like bumper extension poles, and I don't know if I need that. The guys sellig me just oem metal hood, fenders, bumper, and itr lights. Does this sound right? I don't wan to get ripped off

Comment

btw, that DC wit the bys looks like the Honda marshmellow man

Comment

well, the reason I brought up the radiator thing is I'm trying to score a jdm front from a guy for a grand; but no radiator support. I do want to go Azect lip after, then turbo the sedan (at least that's my current idea. But I checked on Options (optauto.com) and they're selling all this extra stuff like bumper extension poles, and I don't know if I need that. The guys sellig me just oem metal hood, fenders, bumper, and itr lights. Does this sound right? I don't wan to get ripped off
                          sounds about right. i dont think i got 'bumper extension poles', maybe scott can confirm on that for his kit.

as for your extra 2000....5 lug conversion!!

Comment

Crap. Half of my new found 2g's is going to the front end, and I'm debating on wether to pick up this spoon exhaust I saw on inline four for 7. I can't post a link because I'm on my iPhone

Comment

Crap. Half of my new found 2g's is going to the front end, and I'm debating on wether to pick up this spoon exhaust I saw on inline four for 7. I can't post a link because I'm on my iPhone
                              if ur going turbo then i would use a different exhaust system...something like apex'i, tanabe, etc but thats just my personal preference

Comment

I hear you...I want to stay away from the n1 style though, I like how this spoon looks like the old tanabe medallion. Any other suggestions? You know what, honestly I'm looking for the clean lines of an oval can

Comment

Working...
                                X