New Hope-to-be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rikkireyes View Post
    I hear you...I want to stay away from the n1 style though, I like how this spoon looks like the old tanabe medallion. Any other suggestions? You know what, honestly I'm looking for the clean lines of an oval can
    tanabe hyper series

Comment

The guys sellig me just oem metal hood, fenders, bumper, and itr lights. Does this sound right? I don't wan to get ripped off
      that seems kinda high.... usually you can get the whole conversion in the bay area for 1300 and that includes everything you listed plus radiator support, bumper support, sidemarker and pigtails.

Comment

You think that's kinda high? Well, i've priced everything (atleast all the parts that don't come with this sale) from password, and it comes out to about the same price. I'm getting the major parts (hood, lights, fenders, and bumper) for a grand which should leave me, and correct me if im wrong, only needing the: Radiator support or T-Bar, Pigtails, Bumper re-enforcement bar, Bumper extension bar, and all the nuts and bolts. I have the part numbers for all the nuts, bolts, washers and clips, but the rest i'll have to order from Password. I just want to make sure that my shopping list is complete before I buy it

Comment

When I had to replaced my reinforcement bar on my itr it came with the extention bar for 70 bucks. You can use your stock nuts and bolts. They work just fine. I still think 1200 for just that parts. N1 Concepts sells the front bumper for 300, fender for 250, hood for 300, headlight is 300 or 350 ( black housing ). radiator support for 100, rebar for 80 i think. And they cut you a break when you buy all at once. Call them up and talk to Sherman and tell them that Jason with the JDM ITR sent you.

Comment

Ok cool. I'll give them a call! Where are they located?
            And Em, the old Tanabe oval exhaust with the tip that flared out then kinda curved inward is the Hyperedallion? I haven't seen one since '97, but I really want a period-correct exhaust like that...sucks because at the time, you'd never think to keep parts like this; never knowing how valuable it maybe later on

Comment

n1concepts.com 1.510.487.8889

They are located in Hayward, CA but they can shipped...

Comment

Ok cool. I'll give them a call! Where are they located?
                And Em, the old Tanabe oval exhaust with the tip that flared out then kinda curved inward is the Hyperedallion? I haven't seen one since '97, but I really want a period-correct exhaust like that...sucks because at the time, you'd never think to keep parts like this; never knowing how valuable it maybe later on
                hmm i dunno if we're talking about the same one hahah..

i also remember the greddy sp series had an oval can as well.

Comment

^well, I remember when the OG so series first came out, all that was on the market at the time were oval cans. When Tanabe was relatively new in the US market (well, new to me atleast, I think around 96-97?) they had only like 4 types of 'medallions', but one of them was kindA like the Spoon one on Inlines website (sorry can't post a link or pic; working off my iPhone), an oval can with a tip that flared out the kinda closed in at the end... Might be a hopeless search for that though, no one has kept any since.
                  Oh and Jason, yeah I decided to go with the one I found here. Althoughi didn't have the radiator support or pigtails, the guy gave me the side skirts and rear bumper for the jdm dc2, which I'll have to get rid of since it won't fit the sedan. We were going to mod the rear bumper to fit the db, since me and my friend do paint and body, but we figured it'll be more work than it's worth

Comment

i actually forgot to mention Venus Motorsport in Sacramento sells the 96 spec black housing front end for 1000, and like 1500 for the 98 spec "HID".

Yeah modding that rear bumper is a pain since it is ABS plastic. Plastic Weld is a bitch to work with. Plus JDM bumpers dont come with the brackets on the bumper to mount on your license plate.
                    Last edited by rhdc2itr; 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah were just going to keep the usdm rear bumper until I figure out what I want to do with it. I want to add a edm rear fog though. I'll see if I can post up a pic of the rear bumper I got from this guy in a few days...oh and I'm just going to get an hid kit alfor it since they are cheap now-a-days
                      But you said that the jdm rear bumpers don't come with the rear license plate brackets? I'll have to show you what I have because I have no idea what market this new dc2 rear is for

Comment

yeah it doesn't I have a jdm itr and buddy has a jdm 4 door itr and his bumper is made the same way . On JDM dc2 you mount your plates to your sub frame as USDM dc2 the plates are mounted to your rear bumper. Hopefully that make sense. Ohh yeh hopefully they gave you the jdm hood latch cable , if not then you just have to use one of a DA. The USDM is to short.
                        Last edited by rhdc2itr; 06-09-2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

crap! No I didn't get any hood latch cable . It yeah the bumper I have is not like thAt all, I'll post a few pics so you guys can see what I have

Comment

crap! No I didn't get any hood latch cable . It yeah the bumper I have is not like thAt all, I'll post a few pics so you guys can see what I have
                            it usually doesnt include the hood latch...

i just called the local junkyards for a DA (91 - 93) latch and cable like jason previously mentioned and it will be your savior to this woe. i forgot how much it cost me tho..u can probably run a search thru the web to find one.

Comment

i have no idea what you guys are talking about :/ I never modded my Honda.

Comment

^^lol, it's about the jdm itr front conversion for my db8...I have all the body panels, but i'm slowly finding out that there's more to the swap than just bolts! I still need the hood latch cable like Em was saying, the full radiator support(decided to go with it--why not), and the wiring harness for the lights. "...And the everest, never ends!"

Comment

Working...
                                X