X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Hybrid - News 11/02/09

Hybridz, Friends & Guests:

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. I have some hot news to release as more big waves of greatness are coming esp. this SEMA week. As always, we keep everything behind the scenes until it becomes a reality.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come.

1. Top secret debut out of SoCal Chapter @ SEMA 2009. This Hybrid car has completed a photoshoot for a poster that will be passed out @ SEMA. The behind the scenes pictures of the photoshoot will be posted up soon as well as the poster which was shot along side another SoCal Chapter Hybrid car.

2. Our WRX from LV Chapter in the feature vehicle area @ SEMA 2009 w/ Endura-Tech has received a color change.

3. Our 240 from LV Chapter in the feature vehicle area @ SEMA 2009 w/ Endura-Tech has received new shoes.

4. Our Mirage from LV Chapter in the North Hall area @ SEMA 2009 w/ WP Pro is not only now @ 742awhp, but became "King of the Streets" last Thursday night in LV. As most of you know by now, having 1 accomplishment in a week or a month is not enough in Team Hybrid, but our Mirage is also scheduled to be filmed for the SEMA 2009 Live Experience (A $3000.00 investment thanks to WP Pro).

5. Our xB from LV Chapter has received a major engine turbo upgrade. The car will make its debut @ this month's 360 Import Car Show and/or Motor Trend International Auto Show which are all held in Las Vegas.

Like I said earlier, this is amazing work by our members which are only part of the big wave consisted for this week. Once this settles down, I'll release more news for this week and when the time is right, the new projects, new hunnyz, new sponsors and new top secret cars set to debut in 2010.

This is how a true import team is built and performs year after year. Now, after almost @ 15 years, one can easily spot a flash in the pan when there is STILL a Team Hybrid to compare itself too.

Hybrid luv,

James Lin
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

We will take pics of all these

Comment

ooooohhh.. Now I know who's that Top Secret car.. LOL

Comment

Looking forward to see these Hybrid cars from SEMA!!!

Comment

News 11/20/09

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. I have some more hot news to release as more waves of greatness are coming. As always, we keep everything behind the scenes until it becomes a reality.

1. Our WRX Wagon from LV Chapter will make its debut @ Motor Trend Auto Show in LV on 11/27-29 with possible new wide body panels, front bumper and paint job.

2. We have 6 award winning and/or published LV Chapter Hybrid cars that will represent and be on display @ the "invite only" Motor Trend Auto Show @ the LV Convention Ctr. (Hall S-3) from 11/27-29.

Archie Concon's 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage.
          Charleston Penesa's 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX.
          Rodney Manandik's 2002 Subaru Wrx.
          Tom Milroy's 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon.
          Robert Green's 2004 Scion xb.
          Nick Irie's 1995 Nissan 240.

3. On 11/14, Archie's Mirage did two quarter mile passes. Both passes were identical at 11.22 at 137mph on street tires (KDW's) plus the track was not prep. The Race-Street-Show Mirage should be in the 10's w/ the track prep correctly as well as some lighter rims on BFGoodrich R1 drag radials. I quote Archie since he puts it best, "Hybrid FTW all day."

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid223.photobucket.com/albums/dd174/Miralution/DragRacing2009002.flv">

4. On 11/15, Charleston wrapped up his phone interview with Import Tuner for his Tangelo EVO feature estimated to be due out Jan/Feb. 2010 issue.

5. On 11/15, Rodney Manandik's 2002 Subaru Wrx completed his photoshoot for a full feature with Performance Auto & Sound Magazine.

This is the top 5 as of today, I'll release more news when the time is right esp. the new projects, new hunnyz, new sponsors and new top secret cars set to debut in 2010.

Comment

News 11/27/09

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. I have some more hot news to release as more waves of greatness are coming. As always, we keep everything behind the scenes until it becomes a reality. What an awesome 3rd and 4th quarter we are having!

1. Our WRX Wagon built by Tom Milroy from LV Chapter WILL make its debut Today @ Motor Trend Auto Show in LV on 11/27-29 with new wide body panels, front bumper and a House of Kolors Kosmic Teal Kandy paint job.

2. On 11/22, our 2Dr EVO built by Archie Concon from LV Chapter competed @ the Fontana Drag Racing (BOTI) and finished 2nd place Street Tuner Class. 1st place went to a Subaru that ran 8.9 at 150+mph. This was his 1st time and he won 2nd place & hit 10's on street tires (KDW), HRE wheels, WP Pro BBK and full interior. 9's in the near future?

First pass of the day after missing the 1st round qualifying runs:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh0Y9ITjSO0

Qualified 2nd, (1st 10.8 at 138 mph pass on the car):
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6EMqNTVkd0

Semi finals, (back to back 10's passes):
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3hZeryZ49Q

3. Our xB built by Robert Green from LV Chapter Will make its debut Today @ Motor Trend Auto Show in LV on 11/27-29 with its new turbo and more engine upgrades.

4. Our EVO VIII built by Michael Eaddy from SoCal Chapter is pending a photoshoot with a major import magazine. Feature or Cover TBA!

5. I was able to confirm this week for our S14 built by Nick Irie from LV Chapter full feature article with Import Tuner to print and hit news stands nationwide in the February 2010 issue.

This is the top 5 as of today and perfect timing/great Hybrid news for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I'll release more news when the time is right esp. the new projects, new hunnyz, new sponsors and new top secret cars set to debut in 2010.

Comment

Archie you need bigger tires so you can hook up better!

Comment

James, no doubt the mirage will run 9's but i have to change atleast 3 things. sticky tires (drag radials or slicks), lighter wheels (no way these HRE can do it, its too heavy lol), and get a small brakes... and my tuner said, more seating time for me at the tracks and shift faster lol..

Comment

News 12/09/09

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. Now, we are officially less than 30 days away from hitting one of our greatest achievements of all time: The 15 year mark with the title of being the #1 import team once again. How impossible... How sweet... and How fitting! This is the first great wave of news for our new month of December & our second consecutive month so it makes our holiday season even better. We could not of ended this banner year we had any better.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. Super Street January 2010 Issue has wished us a "Happy 15th Year Birthday." Industry respect by one of the most trusted and respected import magazines for over a decade and on the market today. When have any of you ever seen Super Street give luv to any of the past or present import teams like this? I wonder what other import tuning magazines will be honoring us with their respects.

2. I have in my hands before it even hits news stands, the finished and ready for print article of our Twin Turbo-Honda Accord built by Sunny from SoCal Chapter. Here is a sneak preview of the full feature that will be in Performance Auto and Sound Magazine which will hit news stands nationwide in the January 2010 issue. (Full article will be released in advanced before the public sees it to our members in the private forums)

3. Team Hybrid in a 3 page full feature in Performance Auto & Sound Magazine - Top 12 Teams "Enthusiast Edition" 2009 Issue 7, Volume 11, pgs 056-059. Special issue is also called "Rides Edition" which showcases inside >>"Best of the Best" the Top 12 Import Teams in North America. Here is the article framed and ready for purchase (just in time for the holidays) @ a discounted Hybrid price which I already arranged with a company called In the News. Hybrid management working behind the scenes to continue to provide benefits for their members. If interested, please contact or PM me.

4. Sneak preview of a special and top secret SoCal Chapter project car that will debut sometime in 2010.

5. The onslaught of magazines and debut of special 2010 project cars has already begun and we are still only in 2009. We are already starting off our up and coming 15th year on the right foot by being the import team to be published first in most of the major import magazines January 2010 issue which is also "the" month of our January 7 - 15th anniversary date. This is only a fraction of what is to come. Our pipeline continues to grow. As I said before, "If this is Still not enough and to make sure everyone Never Forgets about Team Hybrid, I am personally & indirectly going to show the import scene This is How We Do It with all that is coming. :0)." Almost everything Team Hybrid touches turns into gold. Almost everything I promised this team and our members have come true. Believe me, I am not even close to being done yet and more is already up my sleeve. I know the current co-leaders/chapter directors/members/hunnyz/probies are with me too. Together, we will reach this milestone which most would deem impossible. Trust me, I have heard it time and time again (only adds fuel to my fire), but as always, we continue to find a way to elevate it and pull off the big "W" esp. when it looks impossible. This is what legends do. May our tradition continue making history...

Comment

I cannot contain my excitement (3:30am in China) especially knowing what went down finally yesterday afternoon & all the hard work behind the scenes to put it all together. More of the project is being worked on as we speak with the individuals in charge, but this is VERY VERY special for 2010 esp. for March debut. I will release the details soon in my next 1-2 top 5 news updates. But for now, just know a regular day for most of us yesterday was something amazing & very huge once again for our legendary and almost 15 year old team!

Comment

Hmm someone has a vortech supercharged g35.

Comment

News 12/16/09

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. Now, we are less than 22 days away from hitting one of our greatest achievements of all time: The 15 year mark with the title of being the #1 import team once again. This is the second great wave of news for our new month of December & our second consecutive month so it makes our holiday season even better. We could not of ended this banner year we had any better.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. Import Tuner February 2010 Issue writes & features "Team Hybrid Turns 15." Industry respect by one of the most trusted and respected import magazines for over a decade and on the market today. When have any of you ever seen Import Tuner give luv to any of the past or present import teams like this? I wonder what other import tuning magazines will be honoring us with their respects.

2. Import Tuner February 2010 issue also publishes and features Nick Irie's S14. How perfect the timing of all this esp. as we turn 15 years old. Fate working in our favor once again.

3. AMSOIL is a new 2009/2010 sponsor.

4. I was able to confirm this week for our EVO IX built by Charleston Penesa from LV Chapter full feature article with Import Tuner to print and hit news stands nationwide in the March 2010 issue. Back to back IT issues baby!

5. Again, 2010 is not even here yet and here is the magazine scoreboard as of 12/16/09: 2 notable mentions and 1 feature article. Like I said in my above post on 12/09/09, the onslaught of magazines is coming but now, it has officially begun. I do not even want to list the pipeline of future magazines because we are already blowing away the competition w/ our current scoreboard.

Comment

News 12/22/09

A star is born everyday in Team Hybrid. Now, we are less than 16 days away from hitting one of our greatest achievements of all time: The 15 year mark with the title of being the #1 import team once again. This is the third great wave of news for our month of December & our second consecutive month so it makes our holiday season even better. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

1. Charleston Penesa was able to confirm with me this week that his Tangelo EVO IX will be in the Australian magazine called HPI in the January 2010 issue. International coverage SON! Team Hybrid continues to be respected & seen worldwide too!

2. Archie Concon's 742 Horsepower AWD 2000 Mitsubishi is www.Mitsu-Media.com 2009 ride of the year. This brings a tear to my eye not only because Archie continues to do great and amazing things year after year, but what team out there has built award winning/standard setting/ride of the year Mitsubishis since January 7, 1995? Ans: Only the one & only Team Hybrid. First, we started off in 1995 with Michael Lin's 3000GT and now, fast forward a decade and a half to December 22, 2009, we have a stable of beautiful/published/award winning Mitsubishi's (Archie Concon's Mirage/Charleston Penesa's EVO IX/Michael Eaddy's EVO VIII & more to come) not only blowing away the competition @ shows & races but continuing to set the standard almost 15 years later.

3. Another 2010 project car in the works with the following upgrades coming soon to be added on. Then, time to debut this bad boy!

Part I:
                          Replace turbos with custom turbos approx $2000
                          Craftsquare mirrors $500
                          Paint the car $:0)
                          Exhaust + HFC $1500-2000
                          Install turbo etc... and tune car $3000

Part II:
                          4 point Roll Cage $1000-2000 (hopefully)
                          Seats $2000
                          Steering wheel and quick release $900
                          Harnesses $400
                          SPL various suspension parts $1000
                          Various parts $1500
                          Return Fuel System $1000

4. Four locations have been picked and discussed with various promoters and clubs in SoCal regarding our 15th Anniversary parties in 2010!!! Details and fliers are finally in the works.

5. Magazine scoreboard as of 12/22/09 & picture perfect start for the New Year!: 2 notable mentions and 1 feature article. This remains un-changed this week but the onslaught of magazines is already here & after this weekend's SoCal/SD/LV Chapter meeting, the Hybridz know the 2010 storm is coming and it is going to RAIN HARD. I do not even want to list the pipeline of future magazines because we are already blowing away the competition w/ our current scoreboard and continuing to add to it with each passing day in 2009 with more Hybrid cars lined up for even more 2010 photoshoots with many of the major import magazines (websites too just to put the cherry on top!).

Have a Merry Christmas everyone. I won't be back in the US for the holiday season so see you all in 2010. I will update the news again after Christmas/New Year.

Comment

News 01/20/10

Our legendary story continues as we are now officially in the 1st qtr. of our 15th year. The holidays have past & I hope all of you enjoyed your much deserved break and vacation from your daily grind. The new year has begun and boy are we going to make it rain just like the big storms & winds that are happening right now in Southern California. Mother nature is a force to be reckoned with and Team Hybrid has the same effect in the import industry. This is the first great wave of news for our month of January and lets do our best to make sure all our 2010 new year resolutions come true.

1. Team Hybrid - Happy 15th Year Anniversary! We made it and we did it w/ the Best Overall Team - #1 title in our hands plus continuing to discover and work with the finest Hybrid Hunnyz in the import industry!

2. Import Tuner March 2010 issue features (6 pgs.) Charleston Penesa EVO IX and a cameo on the FRONT COVER. 2nd straight month in a row of a full feature article plus a cameo on the front cover of a Team Hybrid car. Back to back baby! How perfect the timing of all this esp. as we begin our milestone 15th year. Fate working in our favor once again.

3. Congratulations to Archie Concon and his beautiful race-street-show Mirage for being the first Hybrid member to be selected to receive the first shipment of our possible new team 2010 sponsor AMSOIL.

4. A legendary team is going to attract the attention, respect and luv of other legends. I was putting on an exclusive show where only specialized Team Hybrid cars were used at the event and this Academy Award-nominated, Emmy Award-winning and legendary film actor/screenwriter, Dan Aykroyd, came over to admire our works of art (aka. Hybrid Quality cars), asked a few questions on how to customize his cars standard like ours and then showed me some Hybrid luv!

5. Magazine scoreboard as of 01/20/10 & a standard setting start for the New Year/New Decade! 2 notable mentions, 2 feature articles and 2 cameos on the front cover. The 2010 storm is finally here and it is RAINING HARD as I warned all of you back in December. The pipeline of future magazines is going to continue to blow away the competition and we just barely scratched the surface.

Comment

WOW! those are some incredible accomplishments for the year 2010, and it's just the beginning for you guys this year! way to go Team Hybrid and keep it rolling

Comment

Working...
                              X