Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 25 days into the new decade and we have accomplished more than some teams out there can even dream of or even their entire existence. After 15+ years, some may wonder, why doesn't Team Hybrid go out and retire on top? Well, why should we... when we are passionate about what we do, luv the Hybrid family/formula/quality/tradition, in process of training the 15th generation of Hybridz and continue to make history. This is the second great wave of news for our month of January and believe me once again, this 1st qtr. will be full of them.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. COVER BABY! Team Hybrid has made cover on one of the following major import magazines below. It was my big surprise that I was working on behind the scenes but I know a secret as big as this one may of leaked. Doesn't matter anymore, on the next issue which will be released around February 02, the Cover will be ours!

2. Congratulations to Archie Concon's 742 awhp Mirage for making a full feature in the 100th issue of Banzai Magazine (UK), February 2010. His article is titled "A twist in the tail." http://www.banzaimagazine.com/thismonth.asp

Archie continues to do incredible things with his car. Can you believe this is the 3rd year in a row for the car to still be in mags and the media? For the record, I'm going to call scoreboard. Archie is currently @ 5 US mags, 2 international mags, @ 742awhp and doing 1/4 mile runs in the 10's (we won't mention all the sponsors he has also picked up). Another great example of the greatness and success one can achieve being in Team Hybrid vs. not.

3. Performance Auto & Sound Magazine Feb/March 2010 issue features (3 pgs.) Sunny's Suravarapu's Honda "Twin-Turbo" V6 Accord. 3rd straight month in a row of a full feature article of a Team Hybrid car in one of the major N. American import magazines. Back to back to back baby! How perfect the timing of all this esp. as we begin our milestone 15th year. Fate working in our favor once again.

4. One does not achieve legendary status by having a successful year or two here and there. It is about performing consistently year after year for 15 years while setting standards and ideas for all others to copy and/or learn from. Most of our ideas and accolades have been accomplished 1st. Team Hybrid luvs to lead by example. These reasons are also why corporate sponsors continue to work and sponsor us as a title sponsor for almost a decade now. I am happy to announce I am in the process of contract negotiations with BFGoodrich/Michelin and Meguiar's for the 2010 Race/Show season.

We started with BFGoodrich/Michelin as a title team sponsor since December 2002 after SEMA. Once the contract is signed, this will make it our 8th year together.

We started with Meguiar's as a title team sponsor since May 2001 after IAS. Once the contract is signed, this will make it our 10th year together once May 2010 rolls around.

5. Magazine scoreboard as of 01/25/10 & again a standard setting start for the New Year/New Decade! 2 notable mentions, 4 feature articles and 2 cameos on the front cover. I must sound like a broken record, but can you believe more is still on the way after all we have done in just 25 days of 2010?
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Awesome!! So much has already happened in 2010...in just the first month!! Already a list of media coverages here and there. I'm sure so much more waiting to be expose out there in the coming monthsss ahead and even much more when the shows starts rolling in.
      With so much attention in the first month of 2010 and having 15 years of great achievements; no wonder there are sponsor after sponsors signed up year after year; because of the great reputation and great performances Team Hybrid does.
      I'm sure more ♥ luv ♥ will be given to Team Hybrid...and this team will be strong with HYBRID ♥ luv ♥
      Last edited by hybridbunny; 01-30-2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Today is February 1st, 2010. This is the 2nd month of the 1st qtr. CNY (Chinese New Year) is also in the month of February and this will be the Year of the Tiger. Well, its looking like another Year of the Hybridz by the way we are performing and racking up the accolades.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. Congratulations to Scott Dean for becoming the official San Diego Chapter Director today. He began his SD Chapter Director in-training in August of 2008 and after almost a year and a half of training, he has lived, breathed and dedicated himself to our family/tradition not only since he began his training, but since day 1 of when he joined as a probie way back in 2003. Very proud of him since he is also a very good friend of mine and I wish him continued success with our family, his SD Chapter and as well as in his personal life. We will celebrate once I return back to the US. Get ready for a 1.75ML bottle of Costco size JD along w/ some food from China Square Restaurant. In the meantime, I hope you are enjoying the present/reward I sent you....a complimentary set of 19" BFGoodrich KDW's Tires for your twin-turbo G35.

2. Congratulations to Charleston Penesa's Mitsubishi EVO IX full feature on the online website www.JTuned.com. The direct link to the article: http://www.jtuned.com/statics/charlestons-evo-ix/

3. Congratulations to the winners who represented and competed @ this past weekend Desert Toyota in Las Vegas. The results are:

Archie Concon' Mirage: 1st place Wild Class plus $25 Gift Card.
        Nick Irie's S14: 2nd place Wild Class.
        Robert Green's xB: 3rd place Scion Class.

4. Here is a sneak preview @ the behind the scenes photoshoot in Downtown LA for the COVER of one of the import industry top import magazines. The cover should be out within a couple days so I am able to finally share this news that I have been keeping a secret for the past month and a half now. We continue to stick to our philosophy of keeping everything behind the scenes until it becomes a reality. As always, actions speak louder than words. Congrats once again for this very special and major accomplishment by Michael Eaddy, Hybrid Family, BFGoodrich, Meguiar's, A&A and I. Lastly, this is also a testament to what one can accomplish if you really have patience/believe/trust/dedicate oneself to the Team Hybrid Formula/Management vs. not.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 02/01/10: 2 notable mentions, 4 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover and 1 online feature. On February 14, 2010, the Chinese people will be celebrating Year of the Tiger while we celebrate Year of the Hybridz once again.

Comment

Congrats Scottie for becoming the official SD Chapter Director!!! Cheers to you...drink more drink more!!

Awesome pic on JTUNED of Charleston's Evo!!

Comment

Congrats Scott for all the hard work and holding down not only SD but LA as well.

Comment

i just picked up the new SUPERSTREET and the new PAS. i was looking around for the BANZAI. but no luck .

Big Kudos to mike, Sunny, and Archie. for making it on the mags this month. and to Nick and Charleston for making it last month. great work guys. Hybrid is Dominating news/Mag stands world worlwide once again.

ps. i got the mags with nick and Charleston also. im gana need some authographs guys

Comment

Congrats Scott! well deserved!

Comment

Congrats Scott!!

Comment

News 02/03/10

Only a couple days has passed and we have another news update. Move over Year of the Tiger because looks like Year of the Hybridz is taking over!

1. Another COVER BABY! This time it is for an international magazine called Banzai from the UK. Congratulations to Archie Concon's 2dr EVO Mirage for making a 6 page "COVER" feature in February 2010 issue, pgs. 090-095. To make this article even more special, it is published in Banzai's 100th issue. For those that don't know, Banzai is UK's best selling Japanese car tuning magazine.

2. Congratulations again to Archie Concon's 2dr EVO to be selected by Banzai to be used for their North America subscription advertisement. Wait....is it Year of the Hybridz or Year of Archie Concon & his 2dr EVO?

3. Fun fact but incredible fact. Do you guys know that Team Hybrid and/or our cars have been mentioned and published in at least one of the major import magazines since the start of 2010 and we currently have a 3 month streak? We were or are in January and March issue of Super Street, February & March issue of Import Tuner, February issue of Banzai, March issue of Performance Auto & Sound. On top of this, another incredible fact is for the newest March issue of some of the major import magazines, Team Hybrid currently has a cover article and full features in three of the top import magazines on newstands now. Michael Eaddy's EVO VIII is on Cover of March issue of Super Street. Charleston Penesa's EVO IX is featured in March issue of Import Tuner. Lastly, Sunny's Accord is featured in March issue of Performance Auto & Sound. Our magazine scoreboard is SICK! The best start ever! Hybrid Super Stars are everywhere!

4. Congratulations to HybridHunnyz.com for making and celebrating its 3 year anniversary on 01/30/10. Thanks gain to our supporters worldwide.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 02/03/10: 2 notable mentions, 4 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 1 online feature and 1 COVER article.

Comment

Like I said earlier, you can find Team Hybrid being featured in local newstands.. not just locally, "Team Hybrid" has had features internationally as well.
                      I'm sure the power of Team Hybrid just keeps rolling....continue to beat previous scoreboard of media attention year after year, and it's only 2nd month of 2010. But so much attention everywhere!!!
                      ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Team Hybrid everywhere !! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

News 02/14/10

Today is Chinese New Year and what better way to start of the Year of the Tiger with news of another Team Hybrid car on COVER!

1. 2nd COVER BABY!!! This time it is for Super Street Magazine, one of SourceLinks top selling import tuning magazines. Congratulations to SoCal Chapter's Michael Eaddy's EVO VIII for making a 6 page "COVER" feature in March 2010 issue, pgs. 030-035.

2. Congratulations so SoCal Chapter's Michael Eaddy (EVO VIII) and Frankie K. (Scion tC) for having their cars selected and filmed for CBS television series called NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service. NCIS is n American police procedural drama television series revolving around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service which conducts criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Look out for these two award winning/published Hybrid cars in a future TV episode on CBS which is now in its seventh season.

3. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Rodney Manandik's Wrx. I have confirmed with Performance Auto & Sound Magazine that his full feature article will be published in the April or May 2010 issue. Our dominance of the magazine pipeline is not only incredible esp. during our milestone 15th year, but will continue. Year of the Hybridz baby!

4. I have picked up another new 2010 sponsor for Team Hybrid. I am happy to announce and introduce to all of you MIZU cooling solutions. Details of the sponsorship, applications and etc. will be announced and posted up in the private side of our forums.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 02/14/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 4 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 1 online feature, 2 event coverages and 2 COVER articles. On top of this, the race/show season is just about to start but we have already done enough to out accomplish and out pace the competition.

Comment

News 03/12/10

Last month of the 1st qtr. and another wave of good news and greatness.

1. BFGoodrich has officially sponsored and signed Team Hybrid as our title sponsor for the 8th year in a row! The BFG boss and I met a couple days ago in Irvine to finally work out the details and make this come true. He has been so patient with us due to me being out of the country for work. Otherwise, this would of happened earlier in the year. What is more amazing is that most of the tire companies are not offering team sponsorships anymore or dropping their teams that they have worked with for years. Again, only Team Hybrid does it again and again consistently even in the worse economic times. Details of the title sponsorship package will be discussed @ each respective chapter meeting and private forums. The power, products and support BFGoodrich is offering the team and Hybrid Management in 2010 is simply amazing!

2. An example of the power, products and support of the BFGoodrich sponsorship is that I am able to offer our members drag radials and R1's. What other import team can offer their members such an array of tire models esp. race tires? Answer = none. Congratulations to Archie Concon of LV Chapter for being the 1st director/member ever in our history to receive a set of the drag radials which were also delivered to his front door. Another great opportunity and benefit provided by Hybrid Management to our members. Archie, should we expect to see and hear about 9 seconds 1/4 mile runs now?

3. On 02/14, I said in a news post, "Congratulations so SoCal Chapter's Michael Eaddy (EVO VIII) and Frankie K. (Scion tC) for having their cars selected and filmed for CBS television series called NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service. NCIS is n American police procedural drama television series revolving around a fictional team of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service which conducts criminal investigations involving the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps. Look out for these two award winning/published Hybrid cars in a future TV episode on CBS which is now in its seventh season." Well, this episode has finally aired nationwide on TV (thanks to Ryan for the link). You can see Team Hybrid cars at the 36:22, 36:32 and 36:52 minute mark. If you watch even closer, you can see our Team Hybrid members Alvin P., Michael E. and Frankie K. in some of the scenes. Like I have said many times before over and over again, Hybridzzz and Hunnyzzz are everywhere!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ncis_los_angeles/video/

4. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Archie Concon's 2dr EVO for being picked up and sponsored by Extreme Turbo System. ETS will be backing Archie with a full product sponsorship of exhaust manifold, 4" intercooler, o2 housing, down pipe and cupplers (total value of $2k).

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 03/12/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 4 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 1 online feature, 3 event coverages and 2 COVER articles. Just when you thought we maybe done with magazine covers/features, online features and various media for the year, another wave of greatness is not only coming, but another pipeline of future magazine articles is already in the works!

I am so happy to be home again and it's time again to do more damage esp. behind scenes then witness all the hard work, ideas and projects become a standard setting reality in the 2nd & 3rd qtr. of 2010.

Comment

WOW!! 8 years of BFGoodrich Sponsorship...
                            WOW!! Race tires!!!
                            Amazing news for such an Amazing Team and I'm sure much more Amazing things ahead
                            Congrats again for having the wonderful sponsorship again and again~*The one and only Team*~having such special attention and treatment ^_^

Comment

screw you Archie!!! haha congrats.

Comment

James, here are the goodies I got from Exteme Turbo Systems.. The car is currently at Trevtec Motorsports right now getting all the goodies installed and prepped for IT photoshoot SOON.

James thanks again for helping me get the MIZU radiator for my car and the set of BFG drag radials.. I'm just so happy and very excited to see what the new setup can do..

Last edited by Archie; 03-17-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X