• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good updates =)

Comment

great updates !! Team Hybrid FTW !!!

Comment

Quick Update 08/19/10

Magazine & online scoreboard as of 08/19/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 7 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 4 online features, 3 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article. Much (x5 minimum) more (Covers & Features) are also on the way. I spoke too soon. In 1 day, we had 2 quick updates and just continuing to make a record breaking killing for our 2010 magazine & online scoreboard!
        "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

congratz

Comment

News 08/20/10

Hybridz, Friends & Guests:

8 months into the year and more super stars are born in Team Hybrid. Along with the star power within our team, we continue to break records @ the competition level as well as in the magazine/online scoreboard. To top it off, all the success we have garnered has caught the attention/respect of more title team sponsors as well as special/exclusive opportunities. Not only does it look like we are running things "again" these days, but we are a threat on ALL fronts.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. On August 03, 2010 a very special/exclusive project was delivered to me. Details on this top secret project will be announced shortly and all I can say for now is what import team (past or present) has been selected by Toyota USA to be included for this special honor/SEMA competition for the 3rd time in 5 years?

2. Omar Rivas' S2000 Performance Auto & Sound (Cover) photoshoot has been completed. Publish date of this article TBA but the online article is out on www.PASMAG.com on 08/16/10. Omar and I had a great time at the studio More pics will be posted in another thread dedicated to document the events that transpired during the photoshoot in the near future. Lastly, with all the recent goodies from Sony/BFGoodrich/Meguiar's this S2K will be a very tough future race-street-show competitor.

3. Bobbie Taylor's S2000 Super Street (Feature) photoshoot has been completed. Publish date of this article TBA. Bobbie, Scott and I had a great time at the shoot location. More pics will be posted in another thread dedicated to document the events that transpired during the photoshoot in the near future. Thanks to Ryan Romaine for recommending him to us.

4. Congratulations to Team Hybrid for winning Best Team Represent, Best Custom Showoff & winning the most trophies @ the 2010 NISEI Week Showoff Car Show (08/14/10) in LA which showed an impressive field of hardcore JDM show's 11th annual event. With this monstrous Team win, we also took home an impressive & massive total of 12 trophies. Natural born winners we are... Winning is all we do and continue to do on all levels in the import world.

5. I have picked up another new 2010 "Team Title" sponsor for Team Hybrid. I am happy to announce and introduce to all of you NOS Energy Drinks. Details of the sponsorship, applications and etc. will be announced and posted up in the private side of our forums.

6. I am happy to announce that 1 of our newest "Hybrid Quality" cars has been approved for a photoshoot with Super Street Magazine. He just joined Team Hybrid over the weekend @ IS, Nisei and now, he has a SS photoshoot that will take place in September.

7. Congratulations to Fidel Garcia's S60R for being sponsored with a set of KDW's.

8. The power of Team Hybrid. At SpoCom, LBC on 07/18/10, we brought and showed in our booth a rare Gold Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster (1 of 4 in the USA) as well as world basketball champion, Kobe Bryant's Porche 929.

9. The last couple of months we have debuted new Hybrid Hunnyz as well as brought back past favorites. Well, this tradition of discovering and bring beautiful/sexy Hybrid Hunnyz will continue to live on. New ones are being discovered and some are in negotiations for debut during the 2011 show competition year.

10. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 08/20/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 7 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 4 online features, 3 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article. What's more unimaginable is that we have 2 more covers and 3 feature articles coming. In June, our total pipeline of published/un-published magazine articles was at 12. Now, we are at 14 with about 4 1/2 months left to go. Aristotle said, "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."

Comment

We cant stop and we wont stop!! Congrats Hybrids!! Keep'em coming...

Comment

Bewbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

congrats all! bewbs is always nice lol

Comment

News 08/25/10

Since I've been back in the US, I have been hearing a lot, "it looks like Team Hybrid is everywhere." This will not change for the rest of the year because some of our title sponsors have been so impressed with our performance & results, they want to help ensure we not only make it pass our 16th anniversary, but continue to be everywhere always & forever.

Here are some sneak previews of what is to come and what has arrived. Performance and results of all our claims, actions and words!

1. BFGoodrich has not only been loyal to Team Hybrid for the last 8 years, but we are the only import team they sponsor in 2010. They have given me more power, support and a better sponsorship program by allocating me the budget & creative freedom to work with their marketing agency to develop a co-branded outdoor pull-up display. I am happy & excited to show this off to the world and congratulatoins to Archie Concon's Mirage for being selected for this honor (Thanks to Banzai for the picture). The tag line says, "Bolt of BFGoodrich Tires and wear the official shoes (tires) of Team Hybrid."

2. Here is the 2nd outdoor pull-up display I made with the marketing agency. Congratulations to my Scion xD for being selected for this honor (Thanks to Super Street for the picture). The tag line says, "Bolt of BFGoodrich Tires and be part of the tradition that continues making history." Isn't it awesome and an honor that some of our team phrases and philosophies are being used for ads and marketing displays of a corporate company?

3. For now, this is the last outdoor pull-up display I made with the marketing agency. Congratulations to Michael Eaddy's EVO VIII for being selected for this honor (Thanks to Super Street for the picture). The tag line says, "Bolt of BFGoodrich Tires and be part of the innovation that pushes the limits." More pull up displays are on the way, but in the meantime, be proud that you are part of the only import team that has a tire sponsorship program like ours in the industry today. Again, setting standards, always innovating and being the 1st again & again to many of the import accolades.

4. Huge news - before the public even finds out and hearing it from me first!!!!!!! We are making Hybrid History again. We are also making Import Industry History again by placing two Hybrid cars on the same issue of both Outer (PAS) & Inside (OVERDRIVE/PERFORMANCE) COVERS in Performance Auto & Sound Magazine. We did this back in 2008 and now, in 2010, we are going to do it again!!! We thought making cover of February 2010 Banzai and March 2010 Super Street were amazing. Now, we just topped ourselves again with this 3rd and 4th cover for this year. If you do not know what two Hybrid cars or you know but do know which one is making what cover, then the wait for this surprise will not be too much longer. It is coming out next issue which should be Volume 12, Issue 8. This is the issue before SEMA so should be in October sometime.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 08/25/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 7 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 4 online features, 3 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article. I promised all of you more greatness was coming. With our 15+ year track record and all we continue to do day in and day out for about the last 5710+ days, for some of you out there, learn first how to walk before trying to run with Team Hybrid. To the rest, this is what legends do so expect us to run this pass our 16th year anniversary!

ps. I love BFGoodrich.

Comment

^^This is badass! Although I'm only probie it is a pleasure to be apart of this amazing team. One day I'll reach superstar status!

Comment

Quick Update 09/01/10

Magazine & online scoreboard as of 09/01/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 7 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 6 online features, 3 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article.

Comment

Congratulations once again!

Comment

News 09/14/10

Every since we finished up most of the major contracted shows like SpoCom, LBC and IS - Nisei, our team is enjoying all the special opportunities that have come our way (only the last 30 days) like activation events with NOS Energy Drinks, TV commercial with Optima, track events with BFG/MPG, confirming & shooting for more magazine articles, negotiating/signing on with more sponsors and preparing/building Hybrid cars for SEMA 2010. Being a Hybrid is a lot of work as well as fun, but like I have said for many years, hard work pays off.

1. On August 25, 2010, I made this announcement in the news sections, "Huge news - before the public even finds out and hearing it from me first!!!!!!! We are making Hybrid History again. We are also making Import Industry History again by placing two Hybrid cars on the same issue of both Outer (PAS) & Inside (OVERDRIVE/PERFORMANCE) COVERS in Performance Auto & Sound Magazine. We did this back in 2008 and now, in 2010, we are going to do it again!!! We thought making cover of February 2010 Banzai and March 2010 Super Street were amazing. Now, we just topped ourselves again with this 3rd and 4th cover for this year. If you do not know what two Hybrid cars or you know but do know which one is making what cover, then the wait for this surprise will not be too much longer. It is coming out next issue which should be Volume 12, Issue 8. This is the issue before SEMA so should be in October sometime." I have just topped myself today by breaking another record by getting PAS to include a "team" article about Hybrid in this issue too. 2 Hybrid cars on both the covers and a Team article on top of it all. PAS has confirmed no other team in import history has received such an honor for any of the their magazine issues. Team Hybrid will be the first to do this ever!!!

2. Congratulations to our SD Chapter Director, Scott Dean's G35 for being sponsored with a set of KDW's. Great job as well as with the help of the SD members for continuing to grow & nature our Hybridz down there.

3. Congratulations to LV Chapter's Tom Milroy's WRX Wagon for being sponsored with a set of KDW's.

4. I am happy to announce (with the help of Archie Concon), Michael Eaddy's EVO VIII has been shoot for a future issue of HPI (Australia) magazine. Congratulations on your 2nd magazine for this year. First, Cover of March 2010 Super Street and now, full feature article in an international magazine. Again, another clear difference of what a member in Team Hybrid will accomplish vs. not.

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 09/14/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 7 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 6 online features, 3 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article. In June, our total pipeline of published/un-published magazine articles was at 12. In August, we were at 14. Now, in September, we are at 16 with 3 1/2 months to go till our 16th anniversary.

Comment

lets keep the numbers rolling! amazing job everyone!

Comment

News 10/28/10

Team Hybrid is all about progression. Every year, we are doing something new, innovative or being first to some accolade. Our team keeps moving in a positive direction esp. a record breaking direction. With all this, it is natural that haters will continue to hate because we continue to be the best overall and most balanced import tuner team. To our luvers and fans, we will only continue to grow, get stronger, get better and celebrate our up & coming 16th anniversary like import legends. Next week, all of you will witness how we continue to do the unthinkable.

1. As most of you know by now since I have been trying to keep this a secret esp. from the public for the last 3 months, Scion has selected me to compete in the 2010 SCION SEMA Tuner Challenge with the all new re-designed 2011 tC. For 2010 Scion is conducting a Best of the Best competition between all previous winners and runner ups who have competed in their Tuner Challenge from past years. This is an individual tuner challenge competition and not a team tuner challenge like in years past (2006/2007). This will be a very highly competitive individual challenge and all eyes will be on me esp. since I'm the first person not only to win 1st place Team Tuner xA Challenge in 2006, but also, the first person to do it back to back with a 1st place Team Tuner xD Challenge in 2007. On top of that, I will be the only competitor to compete this year who will be trying to win 1st place for the 3rd time. My two other competitors next week are John Pangilinan from ID Agency & former car club Garage Life who won 1st place in 2008 with the Scion 2009 tC and Shaun Baker from WR Team who came in 2nd place in 2006 with the Scion 2006 xA. Good luck to all and on Wednesday, 11/3 @11AM – The New Dimension press conference will commence along with announcing the winners of this year Best of the Best Tuner Challenge. Wish me luck Hybridz!!!

2. Update on the two Hybrid cars being on both Outer (PAS) & Inside (OVERDRIVE/PERFORMANCE) COVERS in Performance Auto & Sound Magazine. These 2 Hybrid cars will still be on both covers, but the team article will be postpone to a future issue. But this issue with two Hybrid cars being on both covers will be released as the SEMA 2010 issue and be the most current issue passed out @ the PAS SEMA booth. What perfect timing and excellent marketing from us with the help of PAS to show our import industry peers the many Cover Quality Hybrid Vehicles we continue to build consistently year after year and the level of respect we have with our industry peers as well as our loyal sponsors. Keep your eye out @ SEMA as well as newstands for:

3. I'm proud to announce that Team Hybrid will not only have 1 but minimum 10 cars in booths and feature spots this year. THIS IS A NEW RECORD FOR US!!! Not only are we breaking records, but we are debuting my top secret 2011 Scion tC in the Scion Booth as well as debuting a minimum 3 of Team Hybrid's award winning/published cars re-done with a new look & sick new upgrades. Here is a sample sneak peak:

4. Congratulations to our NorCal Chapter probie, Joe Bacigalupi's WRX Wagon for being sponsored with a set of KDW's. Is this a sign of great things to come from NorCal Chapter esp. in 2011?

5. Magazine & online scoreboard as of 10/28/10: 2 Happy 15th Birthday wishes, 8 feature articles, 2 cameos on the front cover, 7 online features, 5 event coverages, 2 show flyers, 2 COVER articles and 1 online TEAM article. The 3rd and 4th covers for this year will be released @ SEMA 2010. Like I said in my news introduction above, next week, all of you will witness how we continue to do the unthinkable.

Comment

Working...
                                X