Hello Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Hybrid

First off my name is Mike but with so many mikes I go by my last name which works out being military but thats Newman. Here is a little background on myself. Born and raised in Florida. From 3 to 18 I lived in Orlando until joining the Air Force and here I am now. Was here from 04 to 08 spent 08 to 09 in South Korea and been back here ever since. I am divorced and have a little girl who turned 5 today. But dont worry she loves cars too. I met a few members at the FD event and really liked the attitude of the members. Not into the gang style of car crews that most seem to have become. Very interested in meeting more members and hopefully become a member when the time is right.

Here is some information on my current vehicle. 2012 Dodge Durango R/T. Bought it 24 Dec 11, yeah it was a present to myself. I am limited on bolt on items due to small market so I have to be a little more creative. I loved the way the Challenger ACR looked at last years SEMA show so I took that layout and had 702 Graphics lay it out on the Durango. Also, to keep with the Dodge theme I added 22x9 Viper Replicas from Factory Reproductions. As far as performance I am limited as well since Mopar decided to put a rolling code onto the newer 5.7s so I cant tune it. But I was to add a K&N CAI and removed rear mufflers and replaced with straight pipes. I was able to build my own sound system in the rear cargo area. This was my first time ever trying to put something like this together and feel it came out pretty good. Well, below are some photos of the vehicle. And enjoy my plate if you can figure it out cause if youre not laughing youre not living.

Started as this

Turned into this

They say wetter is better right?

Yup, I autocrossed a Durango on 22s

Trip up to Utah for camping

Recently added LED halos by Oracle

Also here is a dyno run of it w/ 320 to the wheels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ixdZB7-264
    Last edited by Newman; 09-03-2012, 09:23 AM.

Here are some of my other vehicles
    94 Mustang Gt

10 Pontiac Torrent GXP

06 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

05 Scion tC RS 1.0

98 Honda Civic EX T28

Comment

Awesome! welcome and great builds

Comment

You win the prize for the best license plate ever.

Welcome to the boards!!! I missed U at FD. By the time I got over there you left but the other members told me about you. Glad to see you on here.
        I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

I got to the track at 1 to help with the Vegas Drift ProAm and had a friend watching my daughter for me so I couldnt stay the whole event. But I am sure we will meet sooner than later.

Comment

Mike: 1st month (Sept) dues received today. Please get in your contract filled, signed and emailed back to me to complete the process.
            "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Scott: Contract signed and dues received today. Please change his SN (LV Chapter Probie) and probie forum access level. Thanks.
              "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Well, here is a little more about myself the newest Hybrid probie. Im a Scorpio and like long walks on the beach in a banana hammock. But on a more real note let me share some fun facts about me. I am the youngest of 3 and have 2 older sisters (dont ask they arent single). All of my immediate family still lives in Florida which I try to visit at least once a year. I am looking into possibly opening a restaurant/bar here in Vegas but at this point is only an idea.

My main job within the Air Force is an F-16 Crew Chief. I have 1 F-16 out of our 28 thats assigned to me and responsible to know the everything about it and maintain it as well. At the end of the day I end up working on almost all of them but I have my own baby that I care for out of them all. Also, I am a Victim Advocate for sexual assault victims and also a AFSO21 green belt augmentee. For the VA I respond and assist in the event someone active duty or dependent is sexual assaulted. For AFSO21 which is Air Force Smart Operations for the 21st century. I resolve issues and find ways the Air Force can basically do more with less. Find faster procedures, cut costs and resolve bottle necks.

I became a home owner 2 1/2 years ago and since then found I can be quite handy around the house. I have installed wood floors, full irrigation systems and countless other things. I am more than willing to help anyone who is in need of a hand. My next project will be adding an RV gate and building a brick driveway. If Hybrid ever needs a meet up point prior to going to LVMS I am 10 mins away by the new VA hospital at 215 and N Pecos.

As far as community is concerned I have quite a history in Vegas. About 5 to 6 years ago I was able to start drifting on Nellis AFB. We would close part of the flightline and use the perfectly flat area with no light poles to the max. Entry speeds 90+ mph. This also included autocross events, car shows, shutting down a runway for mile shoot outs for high speed passes and also a few times we raced an F16 vs a car. Also, I volunteer with Vegas Drift a lot. I normally help work the course and also the grid during their ProAm events.

If any members have any questions please feel free to ask me. I am an open book and have nothing to hide. I give honest and upfront answers when asked. Look forward to getting to know the Hybrid family and becoming another assest to continue what you all have started. Thank you.
                Last edited by Newman; 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Holly cow Newman, what a resume.

Welcome

i am the website administrator for teamhybrid.com

Comment

welcome to the Hybrid forms :-)

Comment

Thanks! Was great getting to meet more members yesterday at IPOF at Bass Pro Shop. Hopefully I can meet a few more in 2 weeks while in San Diego. Here is a photo from the IPOF show.

Comment

Welcome to the Team! Sick Ass Durango... Love what you did with it!! Especially those red hallow eyes....

Comment

Thanks! Trying to make it unique yet keep it clean and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                            Thanks! Trying to make it unique yet keep it clean and simple.
                            Definetely looks clean & unique!!

Comment

Thank you to Team Hybrid and James for helping me put together a proposal to send out to major companies for sponsorship. Today got a reply from Magnaflow Exhaust exhaust and I will be getting a fully sponsored exhaust system. I am truly appreciative of what I have learned from members in this short time and can only imagine how much farther it will go. Thank you again Team Hybrid!

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=3472

Comment

Working...
                              X