Taiwan’s 101st Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taiwan’s 101st Anniversary

Today!!! Happy Anniversary on October 10th, 2012. Known as Double Ten Day due to it being the tenth day of the tenth month, it marks the day that The Republic of China/Taiwan came into existence.

Taiwan will be 101 years old on this day. Young by comparison to other nations in the world, but they have done so much in these relatively few years.

Most impressively, Taiwan has become a thriving democracy during this time. In 1996 they held their first direct President elections. Since then, Taiwan has seen different political parties hold the office of President. A true mark of a democracy.

Taiwan's economy is strong and their unemployment is low compared to much of the world. A lot of this can be attributed to them being recognized as a powerhouse in the electronics field.

Taiwan is also an important world citizen--constantly giving aid and assistance where it is needed throughout the globe. If a natural disaster occurs in another country, Taiwan is often one of the first nations on the scene providing much needed help.

For these reasons plus I'm Taiwanese and more, I congratulate Taiwan and wish my people a very happy celebration on their 101st year.

"May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Congratz to the KMT lol jk

Happy 101st Taipei.... it was awesome to have lived there and experienced the people and the culture. Here's to hard work and dedication for the small island that is now a world-class Tiger... Cheers!

Comment

I like!!!
      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Nice

Comment

So young 101 years old

Comment

Working...
          X