Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some questions for everyone

Hey Guys/girls/ladies

So I hope it's ok to post like this if not please burn me!

Few things:
    Do the car shows have a Scoring format?
    If so can someone post the rules and guild lines of how a car is scored/judged?

My reason for asking is this: if you have a guild line for a standard points structure then you can plan mods and upgrades based on what show you are going to.

Like this: Motion Show- everyone knows the sick cars that show here, so.. How do I get my car on the Top 10? Can I?

What makes the best car?

Do I need racing seats or do I just mod the OEM seat covers and get same pints or less for swapping vs changed?

Does the theme of my car need to be based on a trend or just something that is a eye grabber?

What parts of the car are judged and what parts are the big point items?

Ok GO!! We got a time clock ticking here!

There really isn’t a standard answer for our shows. What works at one show may not work at the next. For example… My G35 vs. Alvin’s G35. My G35 was focused on performance while his focused on Stereo and looks. His would beat me at HIN’s any time. Mine would beat his at Import Showoff’s. Import Showoff people liked performance over form, HIN was the other way around.<O</O
    <O</O
    In general you need a complete package. The more work you do and attention to detail, the better you will do at all shows. <O</O
    You will need interior such as… Seats, harness, steering wheel, hub, custom interior (i.e. suede, leather, CF,etc)<O</O
    Stereo…. Looks like you have this covered. May want to add DVD and monitors here and there. It’s not about just a stereo. It is about Entertainment. That is why the category is called ICE…not stereo. ICE = In Car Entertainment. <O</O
    Exterior… Hood, mirrors, fenders, doors, widebody, flares, carbon fiber, front and rear, and roof. All of these things can be customized.<O</O
    Performance… forced induction, intake, exhaust, FMIC, NOS, etc. <O</O
    Breaks… BBK <O</O
    Suspension…Coilovers, air ride, camber, sway bars, X-bars, stabilizers, etc. <O</O
    Wheels.. Custom offsets, good company, not knockoffs, aggressive stance, low profile tire.<O</O
    Dress up. Especially engine bay… painted, wrapped, dipped, parts. Engine covers, battery covers, chrome/polished pieces, etc.<O</O
    Clean… Clean installs and an overall clean look. All parts and pieces complement one another and the theme flows well. Also physically clean. No dirt, rust, grime anywhere. <O</O
    <O</O
    Get creative and innovative. In the end you are the owner so build what you like.<O</O
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Thank you Scott,
      I'm new to the show stuff so I need to learn what will make my car get some attention.
      In the car audio world they have a rule book and a point structure so this is why I ask but I also want to have the best possible car I can have as a team member I would like to be a valued asset to the teams showing at large and local events.. Please if you have the time list what shows look for what.

Comment

Audio is just as important as any other category, i have pretty much everything done to my car except Audio and it makes it difficult to win because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by dspiel View Post
          Audio is just as important as any other category, i have pretty much everything done to my car except Audio and it makes it difficult to win because of this.

Also using "Team Orange" Orange, when you should have used Home Depot Orange!!!!
          I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

^^
            Very funny, i thought he should have used Sunny D, or Sunkist Orange, lol

Comment

Troy, I agree with Scott.

Honestly, keep the Fiat clean. Wheels, and stance for now, you already have audio going.

Most shows here in So Cal are looking for Style.

My opinion, go with a 5 spoke wheel, and get some lowering springs

Comment

Originally posted by Zerimar View Post
                Troy, I agree with Scott.

Honestly, keep the Fiat clean. Wheels, and stance for now, you already have audio going.

Most shows here in So Cal are looking for Style.

My opinion, go with a 5 spoke wheel, and get some lowering springs
                Right on man, I am getting a good jump on the audio (Pictures up soon)
                I have the lowest setting springs they have for my car.. I will need to get some Coilovers to get down more..

I have some paint on the way from PPG should be sick..
                Its a new vertion of the Vibrance Line "Key Lime" 3 stage water based candy paint
                the 1st version was out in 2006, the new one was shown at SEMA this year.

Wheels: Nu Tek 17" x 8"
                Looks like this

or like this

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Troy! hit me up brotha 408-807-9810

Yoshi

Comment

Originally posted by troy_audi0 View Post
                    Right on man, I am getting a good jump on the audio (Pictures up soon)
                    I have the lowest setting springs they have for my car.. I will need to get some Coilovers to get down more..

I have some paint on the way from PPG should be sick..
                    Its a new vertion of the Vibrance Line "Key Lime" 3 stage water based candy paint
                    the 1st version was out in 2006, the new one was shown at SEMA this year.

Wheels: Nu Tek 17" x 8"
                    Looks like this

or like this

What are your thoughts?
                    I like these more

If I have time Ill photoshop your car with the wheels, I think your ok for now.

other little things that could stand the vehicle out is accents of carbon fiber, but don't go over board.

I mean small touches of carbon fiber, such as front lip, and interior pieces.

Comment

that would be sweet!..
                      Check out my ride in the Vegas sub forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X