• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An excited introduction from So Cal

Hi!

Here's my updated post!

Introduction:

My name's Nicole and I have been a part of the S2000 community for the past four or so years. I made the move to the S2k from a Mini after I did my time in the Bay Area. I was there for six years in order to receive my BA in Linguistics from UC Berkeley and my MA in Education from SFSU.

I have always had some sort of rare and/or usual car in my life due to my dad and he's the main influence in my sister and my passion for cars. Although he has primarily owned exotic and domestic cars (everything from Ferrari's to his current 68 Shelby Mustang), he has always been supportive of my sister and my JDM love. At some point we were a divided family: my dad and I had Honda's (Ridgeline, S2000) while my mom and sister had Toyotas (Rav4, Supra).

I got married in September and am currently living in Pasadena. My husband has been a supporter of mine whether it is in what I want to do with my car or studying for the LSAT, which I took about two weeks ago. I have finally decided to pursue law school so I can become a disability rights advocate.

Why did you choose Team Hybrid?

I went from a 03 S2000 to a 08 S2000 CR (#398/668) about two years ago. Through this change, I started showing my car. I found Team Hybrid through one of the shows (Wekfest LA 2012?) and after going through the car circuit pretty much by myself (okay, plus husband), I realized just how much I missed having a cohesive car community. I am hoping to learn so much more about modifying my car (without ruining the integrity) (I've already got some amazing feedback!) and support others in their builds.

My main focus is to network with others and find a family that I can be geeky over cars and talking to Jesse has validated that I made the right choice in pursing a membership with Team Hybrid.

Why should Team Hybrid choose you?

I feel as though I am what Team Hybrid is looking for. I am educated, smart, passionate, and supportive. I am one of the rare females that have a true passion for cars and can bring in this unusual perspective. I hope to represent this relative minority in terms of having the car scene more accessible to us (besides the modeling route). I have been a part of a car club since I turned 16 (NSXCA was my first club since I owned a 91) and have the drive and commitment to being a part of Team Hybrid.

I am not here to be in competition with other members, but rather to support and encourage their builds. I have had personal experience doing this on the side lines through the S2000 community. I am also open minded and am eager to learn from the more experienced about their trails, tribulations and successes. I am not just open minded but I down right love to learn through others experiences and advice.

I feel as though I am also laid back and easy going while knowing when to turn it on when necessary plus my husband and I can socialize with anybody.

My interests are a lot more varied than what I am writing about and I am hoping to be as interesting and compelling to Team Hyrbid as I think I am to myself.

Your current modifications
    • Front splitter
    • Headunit with ipod/bluetooth integration
    • Upgraded radio controls
    • Invidia Q300 exhaust
    • Livue LB100 front and back dash cams
    • Skunk2 shift knob
    • Plastidipped black emblems
    • 12/23/13: Prodrive GC-010E
      FR 17X7.5 +48 and R 17X8.5 +54

Your future modification.
    • Comptech side skirts (if I can find them)
    • Slotted rotors

As I maintain, this one of the many reasons why I want to join Team Hybrid. I want to learn how to modify my car without losing the integrity of my car. I am not the most well versed at engine modification, for instance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nicole; 12-29-2013, 01:42 AM. Reason: In accordance to the proper introduction questions

nice! Can't wait to see what you do with her.

Comment

Welcome to the hybrid family : ) nice car btw can't wait till c the upgrades

Comment

Yeah you will have to mod that thing in a particular way. Just like I had to follow a rigid path on my 97 Integra Type-R. You can't mod an ITR like every other integra, otherwise you loose the spirit of that car and it takes away the reasons it is special.

I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

welcome to the family .. upgrades on a rare car is all on you ..i have the 1st superbee in california in 06 i went to sema and got some shit from the mopar guys .... i have all the original parts to make back original...i would never make it stock again myself... nice car see you at the shows.......

Comment

welcome to the fam!

Comment

Welcome to the family Nicole, learn from all of us. Cheers!

Comment

Hey!! Welcome to the team!!!

Comment

Thank you everyone! I'm looking forward to meeting you all, hearing about your experiences, and learning!

Comment

Comment

Welcome Nicole! And your car is beautiful! Can't wait to meet you and I'm local!!

Comment

Hi Nicole, please answer the 5 questions from this page: http://teamhybridforums.com/showthread.php?t=231

good luck, hope to see you at the first meeting in January 11, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                          Hi Nicole, please answer the 5 questions from this page: http://teamhybridforums.com/showthread.php?t=231

good luck, hope to see you at the first meeting in January 11, 2014
                          Hey Jesse, I'm going to write in the private So Cal subforum my responses. Should I post them here, too?

Comment

its tradition ready here for the open public can see you grow

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                              its tradition ready here for the open public can see you grow
                              Okay, I'll go ahead and change this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X