Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New probtionary member intro -Lizzie

1) Introduction
    Hi all! My name is Elizabeth Buchner but you can call me Lizzie. I’m 22 years old and am currently working at AutoZone as a retail sales associate. I’m currently in between colleges as I am trying to find a place that works for my passions. I have studied photography for about three years at the University of La Verne and have found it to be one of my true passions in life. I am currently looking for opportunities that with further my growth into the car magazine and import scenes.
    As for a quick background on myself, I guess my love and passion for cars started the day I was born. My dad had a 1966 Mustang Fastback that he built together with my mom and that’s what I was brought home from the hospital in (and more than likely where my love for fastbacks/hatchbacks began). Since my dad has been a mechanic since his early twenties, it was only natural for me to try and help him out in any way I could. Usually it was the unglamorous jobs like cleaning grease and road grime out of wherever my dad was working on a particular vehicle. But as I got older, he started teaching me more and more. Everything from general maintenance and upkeep, to teaching me how to paint cars. I couldn’t ask for a better start in this life. My boyfriend has also played a huge role in my love of cars. Without him I probably wouldn’t even have my s13 today. He is always supporting the modifications I want to do (no matter how ridiculous they might be) and helping me along the way when I get distracted.

2) Why did you choose Team Hybrid?
    I thoroughly enjoy being around other car enthusiasts because I feel like I can truly be myself. Birds of a feather flock together right? I’ve been to quite a few car meets and get togethers, but I’ve always felt like something was missing. It’s like it wasn’t a cohesive family unit. I think that’s what is drawing me to Team Hybrid. I haven’t been to any of the meetings yet to witness it first hand, but just the way you guys talk about each other and support everyone’s builds, well, it feels like home.

3) Why should Team Hybrid choose you?
    I feel that Team Hybrid should choose me because I want to represent something for other women and girls. I want to teach people in the scene to respect everyone and their builds regardless of their sex. I also want to be a part of Team Hybrid because I feel that meeting and knowing all of you can help me grow as a person and influence my career choices for the future. However it ends up, I am thankful for the opportunity to be a probationary member and I can’t wait to meet all of you at the 19th anniversary meeting!

4) Your current modification
    1991 240sx hatchback (Lizzie’s)
    - KSport coilovers
    - Full suede interior
    - 180sx tail lights
    - 180sx window deflectors
    - Shaved body and accent lines
    - Full color change from red to black

1989 240sx hatchback (Mike’s)
    - KA24E to KA24DE engine swap
    - Forged internal rebuild on dual cam engine with Eagle rods, Wiseco pistons, Clevite bearings, and ARP studs
    - Circuit Sport motor mounts
    - Mishimoto radiator
    - Automatic to 5 speed swap
    - Rebuilt rack and pinion
    - Tein tie rods
    - Short shifter

I know I'm forgetting things >__<;

5) Your future modification.
    1991 240sx hatchback (Lizzie’s)
    - Forged internal rebuild on KA24DE
    - Turbo set up
    - Mishimoto radiator
    - Automatic to 5 speed swap
    - Energy suspension bushings all the way around including subframe
    - Tein tie rods
    - Whiteline sway bars
    - Cusco strut tower bars
    - Xenon 5351 lip
    - Custom side skirts

1989 240sx hatchback (Mike’s)
    - Turbo set up
    - Sil80 front end conversion
    - Pearl white color change
    - Energy suspension bushings all the way around including subframe
    - type X 180sx but with Silvia front

Too much we want to do to list them all u__u

Thank you all for reading my ridiculously long introduction! Now onto some pictures!
    Attached Files

Welcome to the hybrid family.

Comment

nice write up and welcome to the team!!!

Comment

Welcome to the team! Very sweet build.

Comment

Thanks all I'm gonna try and have her put back together by the anniversary meet so I can get some constructive criticism

Comment

I'll be happy to talk to you about your build and future plans. Welcome! See you in Jan!

Originally posted by z_girl View Post
            Thanks all I'm gonna try and have her put back together by the anniversary meet so I can get some constructive criticism
            I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Definitely. Can't wait

Oh I almost forgot, more of my build photos are on my Instagram @72z_girl feel free to follow me

Comment

welcome to the team!!!!

Comment

Lizzie, welcome to Team Hybrid.

I have met you in person and you are one cool girl. Learn all you can from your leadership, your hybrid family and remember to stay true to your self.

We the leaders, and members are here to support you and your projects.

Glad you joined, our group of female project builders is growing!

Comment

Working...
                  X