Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Probi from SoCal

Hey Guys,

My name is Tim and just want to introduce myself. I'm 37 years old and have been in the car culture since I was 9. Maybe before most of you guys were born or in diapers. LOL

I'm a graphic designer and now a clothing designer for a company in Downtown.

Anyways, I've always worked on body and customization since I was 9 years old, just for personal projects with my dad. Our first project was a 1970 something Porsche 911 that we converted to a Slant nose back in around 1988-89.

Second project after we sold that was a 1980 something Porsche 911 and made it wider (all metal flares) and converted from a hard top to a convertible. That was a pain. Both cars I didn't even get to drive. :-/

Our latest project is an early 2000 Porsche Boxter that we are developing a wide body for it, going 2" wider on the back and 1" at the front. Hopefully this will be done end of this year.

Cars I've had:
    1993 Honda Civic Si (My first and fave car)
    1993 Mr2
    1990 Miata
    2003 Scion XB
    1986 Toyota Corolla (Project Car)
    1991 Yamaha YSR 50cc that I still have to build
    and other cars.

My latest car is a 2010 Evo. I bought it so I don't have to modify it anymore but meeting a few member from Team Hybrid, got me back into the car craze. lol
    Right now it's stock and I don't know what to do with it yet. So we'll see.

I've seen Team Hybrid ever since the mid/late 90's but after my car got stolen, I just lost interests in cars. But recently I've met some team member and I thought that they were really cool and friendly, they've asked me to join and I guess, here I am.

Why would the team choose me? I don't really know what to say about that. I just like to network with people. I believe that we can help each other out now or in the near future, gain new friends with similar interest or what not. I've also wanted to get back into cars since it was my first hobby and love, so maybe by joining a team with like minded people and have the passion for cars will help me gain more knowledge about my own car and help me with modifications.

My future modifications? I don't know yet. I still have to see what's out there. I've been seeing a lot of nice Evos so we'll see. Since my car is currently stock with 90,000 miles. LOL

welcome in

Comment

welcome to the forum

Comment

welcome Tim, glad your part of the family. now post some pics son, lol

Comment

Thanks, no pix to post yet. It's stock. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X