No announcement yet.

Cops taking/using cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That wouldn't be a practical strategy if you consider a cop rolling around in a familiar team car (which is the most likely one to stand out and be caught (Darwin's street racing Theory)).

Now that races no longer have hundreds of cars in attendance, it's much harder to be the "fly on the wall" with racers are more likely to know each other or at the very least, the cars.

What they used to do (god I hate saying this but...) "back in my day" was grab a civic from the impound that had a muffler on it, then two cops roll around in that with a CB, reporting back to HQ as to where the cars were running. But this again was a waste of time as in there are only so many tracks that locals visit, ALL of which were well known.

A simpler tactic would have been to dedicate one traffic patrol car at each of the 3-5 tracks for the 2-3 hour window where the bulk of street racing occurs. That is roughly 10 hours worth of wasted resources yet, but if you consider the savings over installing anti-drag strips, flying air support and to say nothing of the Drag Net funding....this would have been much more affective in eliminating all of the unsupervised races, confrontations and flight risks for the cars and cops.

And to continue my rant, the cost of injury, property damage and violence in my 4 year racing career probably summed a whopping 5 grand with one car loosing it into the coldusac and a vw bug dumping his engine (literly) at the fire house. There were no 10 second cars, we didn't race for anything other then team pride, and we were always on an abandoned street or industrial park. Ie, generally safe.

The bulk of the accidents, life and property damage now come from every kid who got a B- on his math test, then Mommy-Daddy buy him a 300HP evo or similar. Then they race all their friends down the freeway or in front their schools because THAT's how they live their 1/4 mile lives (Thank you Vin Diesel). And who takes the hit for all this? We do. Regardless of age, car or the situation. Because now, there are no more 10 dollar-make-you-holler fix-it tickets, it's 400+ take it to the ref and by-the-way-you-have-no-front-plate, tickets.

End Rant

Comment

Originally posted by Spdyevo View Post
      lol

1199 FTW from a REAL member
      LMAO from a pretend member.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post
        LMAO from a pretend member.
        +1 Benefits on the road at a fraction of the cost. haha
        I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid 350GT View Post
          +1 Benefits on the road at a fraction of the cost. haha
          Made in China, effective in California.

Comment

Its funny you mention this, because my brothers ex who lives in mississippi, says they do use the cars they take to get street racers. and it has happens a few times out here in the valley. Which is smart but kinda not fair. But with the impounded cars, one of my dads friends works at a place where they crush the street cars, the cops get first dips on anything they want off the car before its crushed. sucks huh?

Comment

nvmd..... public forums

Comment

i might need some help cause. i mean i work for the sheriffs department and if you guys want me to be help for anything in the future tell em now so ic an work my butt off :P to advance in my ranks @ work :/

Comment

Working...
                X