Any news from the hybrids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news from the hybrids?

As mush as I want to post in my blog (Located here Autopartswarehouse) I can't find anything from from any of the hybrid cars on the market (well except that GM will have its own hybrid version in the next two years...)

Will anyone help me with this? Thanks!
    Last edited by marthaspears; 02-01-2013, 10:59 PM.

wtf?

Comment

spam bot, we need the ban hammer

Comment

looks like someone is lost. lol

Comment

Wow!!

Comment

even if this was a spam thread....

I wouldn't spend the extra 15k on a hybrid. One doesn't spend 15,000 dollars worth of gasoline in a year

I'd wait for the FLEX fuel cars made by GM which are being used right now as we speak in countries like Brazil. The problem with FLEX cars (which uses a combination of E-85 ethanol and regular petrol) is that the government and the oil companies wont install enough pumps for us; the environmentally conscious consumers to use.

For now, I am happy with my civic which gets 35 miles to the gallon. Its at least 15k cheaper than a hybrid and "hybrid cars" (like the civic hybrid or the prius) still only gets 40 mpg and 50 mpg respectively. Real world reports are actually lower than what the factory claims. In 2010 they claim that the Toyota Prius would get 100 mpg but of course thats hype and you can be sure that it will only get something close to 60 - 80 mpg.

With the money that you'll be spending on a car that makes you appear to be environmentally friendly, its better to just wait for new technology.

As long as we have the thread on "hybrid cars", and since we're all car enthusiasts, I thought that I'd just drop my two-cents on the matter.

Comment

Working...
            X