My Custom Motor Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Custom Motor Rebuild

I am still new to the team. In probation. San Diego Chapter.

2004 Tiburon GT Widebody Kit. Rebuilding my motor to handle my custom supercharger. I want to say Thanks to Mario for helping me throughout this FUN project. Suggestion and help would be greatly appreciated.

When it was clean:

So the Project Begins

The Forged Pistons

The car will be N/A for a while after the pistons are installed successfully(Budget reasons). But when the time comes for it to be boosted it will be......

Longterm engine Project:
    Built Motor(the works!!!!)
    20+psi Forced by,
    My own custom supercharger. Whipple Blower, My own custom Intake manifold to fit the blower.
    To make it short this blower is a lot stronger and more efficent then the eaton blower(on the sniper. assassin, alpine). Also takes less effort to turn than the eaton so it is not putting as much stress to the motor like the eaton. Max PSI is 30.

Did the measurements on how it will fit. The box on the picture below is the size of the blower. The blower is going to stick out of the hood a lilttle( AWSOME!!!). So I will have to cut a section off my hood and get it custom made.

Last edited by GuamBomb; 10-15-2008, 09:57 PM.

wow I'm not a big fan of the Tiburon but that is one of the nicest ive seen! What was your decision for going with a roots style blower instead of a centrifugal style like the Vortech?

Comment

Motor Out. Update on some pictures. Lots of fun. Thanks to my Buddy Mario and Bakerking31 for swinging by to help for couple of hrs.
      Next, put the motor up on the Engine Stand and take out the headers, Alternator, A/C, Power steering pump, Heads and etc. Keep you updated with pics in a couple of weeks.

Sorry for the ugly pics. Camera Phone

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

update pics: 10-05-08 Sunday

I had a 3hours to spare today so I finally put the motor on the engine stand. I just took out all the parts outside the motor and the valve cover. Had to call it a day cause I was running out of sun light. Here the pics. Enjoy.

Getting more naked slowly

To Be Continued!!!
      Last edited by GuamBomb; 10-13-2008, 02:40 PM.

Comment

10-12-08 sunday

Today was really FUUUUNN! Most fun I had on working on a car. Gutted out the internals! Motor is now officially NAKED! Hopefully in a couple weeks I can have at the shop to be bored holmed and balanced.

Picture video of the day.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e71MkOv2gss

Last edited by GuamBomb; 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

This one too

Comment

One more just in case

Comment

Hey Thanks MAAN! I am more familiar with roots. I find it more simple(IMO).

new pics and update on post # 3 and 4

Thanks and stay tune. Gotta represent Hybrid RIIIGHT!!?

Comment

Dang man, a lot of work U have going on there. Can't wait till U R finished.
                I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Here is a video of yesterday. Thanks MARIO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e71MkOv2gss

Comment

very nice.

Comment

awesome, im stuck at this place haha... have everything out, just waiting for funds to put it all back together, looks good bro, keep updating us!

Comment

looks good dude cant wait to see it when its done

Comment

Hey thanks guys! Will keep you guys updated on every step I take with this. Any help along the way would be great. THANKS!

Comment

How much power is that V6 gonna push when you're done?

Usually not a Tiburon fan (seems every ricer wants one) but yours is pretty nice.

What made you decide SC over Turbo?

Comment

It costs less to build an SC then a custom turbo. Plus our motors were not made turbo friendly :P

Comment

Working...
                              X