You've got some nice cars + Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've got some nice cars + Intro

Well, I have found myself stalling from doing some work and just browsing around on the internet. I frequent various car forums and chat it up with people. Anyways I have noticed in a couple of my magazines and on some sites some of the team hybrid cars and figured I'd google you guys and low and behold heres your site. You all have some very nice cars and unfortunately I will probably never get to see them in person as you are a CA based team and I am out on the east coast. So I joined the site so I could check out your cars more in depth from just looking at magazines and see what you crazy californians are doing as you guys always get the newest stuff first and then it trickles it's way over to the east coast.

As for me, my name is Greg and I am a graphic designer. I went and designed renderings of my own wide body kit on the computer and had a shop make it by hand. After about 1.5-2 years of the car being in and out of shops I am finally starting to take my car to shows. Any criticism is welcome as I am always looking for new and different ideas for my car.

Here are some pics from the beginning of the build to how it is now below:
    Car is sponsored by:
    -Toyo Tires
    -TRD
    -5Zigen
    -DuPont Paints
    -Phoenix Gold Audio
    -Automotive Progression
    -Jims Body Shop
    -Teamtech Motorsports
    -CiNCITY Designs

interior sanding/prep

Thanks for checking it out, and any input is always welcome
    -greg

very nice all you are missing are some hybrid decals, im also on the cincity forum

Comment

1 of a kind Bodykit FTW!
      I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Originally posted by dspiel View Post
        very nice all you are missing are some hybrid decals, im also on the cincity forum
        LOL @ this. I'm not saying that his car isn't quality. I like it. Unless he moves out here to the west coast and shows his car and tries to join the team, then he'll never have decals. Our decals are not given out like candy. We pride ourselves on having them on our cars. They are a privilege, a reward.

Celica looks great man. Would love to badge you up if you were out here on the west coast and representing for us.

In retrospect and this has nothing to do with his car, his attitude would also judge whether or not he got the badges.

Some day when you believe in the formula, i hope you will realize how proud you are to be given a chance to become a part of the team. They will no longer be just decals, but trophies to have on your car.

My .02 cents

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Greg.

I really like the way the Celica's widebody is designed especially how every line flows in or out nicely and doesn't just stop abruptly.

Any plans for forced induction?

Comment

welcome to the boards Greg, nice ride....i like how u kept it clean and not too cluttered. I hope you dont take it the wrong way, but if your car was painted a kandy cobalt blue or something similar to that effect; your ride would certainly be a show-stopper.

I'm not saying that stock looking paint is bad...but if you're car is going to have wild body work, wild i.c.e....then it should have wild paint to match the theme. Thats my .02

and about the banners...+1 to tim's comment. We're all going to have to reiterate this at the next meeting

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              They will no longer be just decals, but trophies to have on your car.

My .02 cents
              OP, Car look nice and complete...maybe just FI to complete the whole package.

As far as Team HYBRID...I went to my first meeting with team Hybrid last weekend and was approved to be a Probie. BS aside, its NOT just another team out there...well organized and straight to the point. Having a cool car is just half of what team HYBRID expect, personality, dedication, passion a must. 10yrs + and getting stronger with quality is not a joke.

I don't even have a trophy on my windows yet lol

cough...cough...cough...got to earn it first.

Comment

Sick car man its definitely one of a kind! The fact that you designed makes it oh so crispy

Comment

dope whip man

Comment

welcome to the site Greg.

i give you props for designing your own kit, but it's a bit extreme in my opinion and the sides reminds me of tiburon for some reason.

just like what Em said, you got some crazy kit, ice, might as well go crazy with paint. while you're at it, get some aggresive wheel set-up.

Comment

the only thing i think that resembles my car is that one line ... other than that the sides don't look like a tib

Comment

Originally posted by aznfunkyflip View Post
                        welcome to the site Greg.

i give you props for designing your own kit, but it's a bit extreme in my opinion and the sides reminds me of tiburon for some reason.

just like what Em said, you got some crazy kit, ice, might as well go crazy with paint. while you're at it, get some aggresive wheel set-up.
                        Reminds me of a more pumped-up version of the TRD kit, since that's how one of the TRD kit's side skirts is like.

Comment

the only thing i think that resembles my car is that one line ... other than that the sides don't look like a tib
                          that's probably it. the lines. when i saw it, tiburon was the 1st thing that comes in my mind

Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                          Reminds me of a more pumped-up version of the TRD kit, since that's how one of the TRD kit's side skirts is like.
                          maybe that's what he's trying to do?

Comment

LOL @ this. I'm not saying that his car isn't quality. I like it. Unless he moves out here to the west coast and shows his car and tries to join the team, then he'll never have decals. Our decals are not given out like candy. We pride ourselves on having them on our cars. They are a privilege, a reward.

Celica looks great man. Would love to badge you up if you were out here on the west coast and representing for us.

In retrospect and this has nothing to do with his car, his attitude would also judge whether or not he got the badges.

Some day when you believe in the formula, i hope you will realize how proud you are to be given a chance to become a part of the team. They will no longer be just decals, but trophies to have on your car.

My .02 cents
                            Well said!!

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

My .02 cents
                              yeah ... well said Tim.

i sometimes don't even wanna drive my accord if it's all dirty. i feel like it has to be in show quality everytime it's on the road because i am representing Team Hybrid and don't wanna give it a bad name.

Comment

Working...
                              X