Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moment of silence for a fallen marine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moment of silence for a fallen marine...

Yesterday during a routine convoy back from a range we had a horrible accident happen. One humvee was towing another humvee down a mountain and somehow (still being investigated) the brakes went out/burnt up. The Driver and passenger were forced to bail out of the truck as it was headed straight for a sheer drop of about 300 feet. The driver mananged to come out with minor road rash and pretty bad shock. they took him away in a helicopter on a gurney with head restraints just to be safe. However, the passenger/A-Driver did not fair so well. they are thinking that when he bailed he bounced off the truck in tow, his kevlar (helmet) got ripped off and when he finally hit the ground his head was smashed on the roadway, dead on impact. It should have never happened, that truck should have never been sent out to tow since we have plenty of wreckers handy, someone will be paying for this but even so, how are they going to explain to his family that someone's hasty fucked up decision caused thier son/husband/brother's death..

This just reminds me how precious life is, keep your families close, you never know when they, or you, won't be around anymore.

(ps, the kids age was estimated to be about 19-20. none of us actually knew him as we were not in his convoy, we just happened to come upon the site right after it happened)

Wow, this is sad.
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_dog_switch View Post
      Yesterday during a routine convoy back from a range we had a horrible accident happen. One humvee was towing another humvee down a mountain and somehow (still being investigated) the brakes went out/burnt up. The Driver and passenger were forced to bail out of the truck as it was headed straight for a sheer drop of about 300 feet. The driver mananged to come out with minor road rash and pretty bad shock. they took him away in a helicopter on a gurney with head restraints just to be safe. However, the passenger/A-Driver did not fair so well. they are thinking that when he bailed he bounced off the truck in tow, his kevlar (helmet) got ripped off and when he finally hit the ground his head was smashed on the roadway, dead on impact. It should have never happened, that truck should have never been sent out to tow since we have plenty of wreckers handy, someone will be paying for this but even so, how are they going to explain to his family that someone's hasty fucked up decision caused thier son/husband/brother's death..

This just reminds me how precious life is, keep your families close, you never know when they, or you, won't be around anymore.

(ps, the kids age was estimated to be about 19-20. none of us actually knew him as we were not in his convoy, we just happened to come upon the site right after it happened)
      dang my condolences to his family..

Comment

Working...
      X