Has anyone ever tried Lasik...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever tried Lasik...

or know someone who has? results? recommendations?

apparently it works very well. I would be affraid of a lazer and knife in my eye though.
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

LOL @ TRIED... Hehe. Isn't Lasik Permanent? atleast? I know you can try contact lenses but I don't know about "trying" out a Laser Surgery.

Ask Jay Jay He'll tell you.

Comment

MY sister had it done a few years back, she sees better than 20/20.

If you do it, make sure you spring for the more expensive procedure that uses the laser to slice your eye open.

Comment

Originally posted by dspiel View Post
          MY sister had it done a few years back, she sees better than 20/20.

If you do it, make sure you spring for the more expensive procedure that uses the laser to slice your eye open.
          yea i hear crazy stories about the procedure but it doesnt really bother me, i work in and out of OR rooms so "slicing the eye open" or whatever im used to. its just the part where i should get it that has a good quality background is where i cant decide. especially nowadays where laser technology is being upgraded on these surgeries...the more $$$ the better the laser + outcome....i dunno...

Comment

my sister paid like 5g's per eye a few years ago, she had it done by the doctor who invented the procedure i guess

Comment

My friend did it 8 years back, he now sees some discolored spots at night and has to wear glasses while driving. Maybe it was because the operation was done while he was young, or the procedure had a complication. If you are seriously considering getting the operation done then I'd probably go with Dan's suggestion of paying more for piece of mind. Anyways, thats my .02, gluck oLah!

Comment

Just do it in 1 eye for now and see how it goes. haha
                I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

lol! and an eye patch on the other haha

Comment

Originally posted by Em View Post
                    My friend did it 8 years back, he now sees some discolored spots at night and has to wear glasses while driving. Maybe it was because the operation was done while he was young, or the procedure had a complication. If you are seriously considering getting the operation done then I'd probably go with Dan's suggestion of paying more for piece of mind. Anyways, thats my .02, gluck oLah!
                    thx Em! yea there are suppose to be a certain age where you are okay to have it done, i believe 25 was the minimum and 30 being the right number, otherwise it will have side effects later on. i just bought another frame, maybe that will give me more time to actually go through with it or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X