Hybrid Chat 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY THANKSGIVING
    My dad made bomb ass turkey and it was dry. hurray....and the stuffing was the shit.

Comment

• I just got back from a "church family reunion" thanksgiving thingie... basically a potluck with the families that aren't celebrating thanksgiving cuz other family members are away in other states/countries or heaven. It was good seeing new faces... and trying one families' merengue chocolate chip cookies. tons of tri-tip to match the large turkey and gravy my mom made.

Comment

• I bought 6 lobsters...2- 3 3/4 lbrs and 4- 2lbrs. Cooked a 9 lb Prime Rib and some shrimp for some shrimp cocktail. MmMmMMmmm delish!!! I actually drank and got faded on some Fat Tires hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by JD aka Ugly View Post
          I bought 6 lobsters...2- 3 3/4 lbrs and 4- 2lbrs. Cooked a 9 lb Prime Rib and some shrimp for some shrimp cocktail. MmMmMMmmm delish!!! I actually drank and got faded on some Fat Tires hehe
          that sounds awesome. lol i have so much leftover thanksgiving turkey and stuffing. I think that's probably the best thing about thanksgiving: the next day you think "damn that tasted great... wonder if there's leftovers?" and guess what you find? "WOOHOO!!! FRIDGE IS PACKED!!!"

Comment

• lol i wish i had left overs. i got 3 brothers and everything is gone......

Comment

• Originally posted by Mazda_At_Heart View Post
              lol i wish i had left overs. i got 3 brothers and everything is gone......
              lots of dudes on this Team.
              we're not too merciful on leftovers/open food.
              i'm 'phat' for a reason
              damnit.

Comment

• Originally posted by phatpinoyboy View Post
                lots of dudes on this Team.
                we're not too merciful on leftovers/open food.
                i'm 'phat' for a reason
                damnit.
                there were about four or five drumsticks of adobo-flavored chicken in the tupperware i brought to the nov. meeting though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                  there were about four or five drumsticks of adobo-flavored chicken in the tupperware i brought to the nov. meeting though...
                  wtf is 'adobo-flavored' chicken.
                  its either Adobo...or its not.

isn't adobo like...chicken..anyways??

thats like saying. um. fish flavored sushi.

careful Pepper..we'll bump you back down to probie.

Comment

wtf is 'adobo-flavored' chicken.
                    its either Adobo...or its not.

isn't adobo like...chicken..anyways??

thats like saying. um. fish flavored sushi.

careful Pepper..we'll bump you back down to probie.

lol that's not what i meant.

i asked a few ppl what they thought of the drumsticks i cooked up and people said it tasted like adobo, so i thought adobo was a dish or a way it's prepared.

[EDIT]:

Clip from Wikipedia: "Adobo is a popularly common dish found in the Philippines, thus a national dish among the Filipinos. Typically made from pork or chicken or a combination of both, it is slowly cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic, bay leaf, and black peppercorns, and often browned in the oven or pan-fried afterwards to get the desirable crisped edges. This dish originates from the northern region of the Philippines. It is commonly packed for Filipino mountaineers and travelers. Its relatively long shelf-life is due to one of its primary ingredients, vinegar, which inhibits the growth of bacteria.

The standard accompaniments to adobo — and ultimate comfort meal for many Filipinos — are mung bean stew (monggo guisado) and lots of white rice. Unless adobo is eaten for breakfast, in which case fried or scrambled eggs, garlic-fried rice, chopped tomato & onion salad, and atchara (green papaya pickle) are the tradition.

Outside the dish, the essential flavoring of the food has been acquired and adapted to other foods. A number of successful local Philippine snack products usually mark their items "Adobo-flavored." This assortment includes, but is not limited to nuts, chips, noodle soups, and corn crackers."

I meant no offense by the comment i made.
                    Last edited by Pepper; 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• ^ Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rycepicker View Post
                        ^ Lol
                        But the good thing that came out of this is as i read the ingredients, it is similar to how i prepared the chicken. I used soysauce, a couple wines and some cooking sake, garlic, fresh grated/shredded daikon,etc.

...and for the record... sushi = vinegar-flavored rice. sashimi=raw fish portion.

Comment

• we both have our cultural fuck ups.
                          im filipino.
                          you're japanese-ish.
                          we both *heart* rice.

and rycepicker.

Comment

we both have our cultural fuck ups.
                            im filipino.
                            you're japanese-ish.
                            we both *heart* rice.

and rycepicker.
                            yup. glad to see that's settled.

and yeah... actually i'm a double cultural fuck up, i'm half japanese but also french and yet i don't speak good french... and know little about the culture.

and yes, we both lurve our rice.

...and i'm not gonna agree on rycepicker cuz i don't want his girl attacking us.

Comment

• shes not scary.... she hasnt done anything at all when paul tries to bro rape me :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Pepper View Post
                                yup. glad to see that's settled.

and yeah... actually i'm a double cultural fuck up, i'm half japanese but also french and yet i don't speak good french... and know little about the culture.

and yes, we both lurve our rice.

...and i'm not gonna agree on rycepicker cuz i don't want his girl attacking us.
                                you vs. me @rice eating battle next time? lol carb coma!!!!

you'll learn tough luvvvvv from Rycepicker at the December meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X