• Show
Clear All

hmm...my top 3 ultimate "tracking" car,

Evo, S2k, and perhaps the impreza?

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-results.htm

and the results from the time attack from Japan's Hypermeet

Comment

i guess it depends on which class.

if unlimited class, IMO, evo, sti, r34, and fd. s2000 way too underpowered.

if same price range (wrx, is300, dc5 type-r), then dc5 type-r rapes everything around the $20,000-$30,000 bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
        i dont think RT tracks DC2s anymore. they race dc5s and cl7s.
        They are all in CL7's now. The RSX didn't last that long, for some reason.
        I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

it's our macpherson strut double wishbone front end.

basically, RSXs are fastt but aren't competition fast

Comment

i guess it depends on which class.

if unlimited class, IMO, evo, sti, r34, and fd. s2000 way too underpowered.

if same price range (wrx, is300, dc5 type-r), then dc5 type-r rapes everything around the $20,000-$30,000 bracket.
            S2K's don't belong with the AWD turbo cars.

S2K is nice, I always referred to it as a RWD ITR. Lightweight, good power, very nimble. My stock S2K did slap down a Stock Evo though. In an almost straight line.

I'd rather sport an ITR rather than RSX. ITR's on a track can take out Supra's, Lambo's, NSX, etc. I once watched my very own ITR kill each of these.

Comment

I'm the other way around. I feel the DC2 Type-R is old technology. B series is not as efficient as as K, stock and aftermarket braking is better on DC5, and our chassis is substantially stiffer than DC2.

IMO, if an ITR can take out supra, lambo, nsx, etc... it's not the car, it's the driver. ITR should dominate cars within its immediate price bracket, not cars that are worth twice to ten times as much.

Comment

I'd like to take back everything I said, and I think eric would too after he see's this. It is clear that RSX are inferior, as well as ITR's. I would not like to show up anywhere even with my G, when there is this demon on the road.

<embed width="440" height="380" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2s7ch9c&s=3"></embed>

Comment

Zomg Run!

Comment

zomg its d0ug teh fail ch0i's old car!

Comment

I'm the other way around. I feel the DC2 Type-R is old technology. B series is not as efficient as as K, stock and aftermarket braking is better on DC5, and our chassis is substantially stiffer than DC2.

IMO, if an ITR can take out supra, lambo, nsx, etc... it's not the car, it's the driver. ITR should dominate cars within its immediate price bracket, not cars that are worth twice to ten times as much.
                      ITR DC2 & DC5 were made to track and to only track. Lambos, Supras, etc, not. THey can track, but they fail where R's win.

Ofcourse the DC5 has better technology, haha duh. Captain Obvious is at the helm! Unfortunately with all that tech the DC5R is only slightly (0.2 secs) faster in the 1/4 and almost even in a 400M slalom. 20hp more but weight is up a bit and the chasis is NOT SUBSTANTIALLY stiffer. I'm not comparing an RSX to GSR. We are talking ITR's here. The only thing the DC5 R really has over the DC2R that is far superior is the braking system.

I believe it was Ganson who said, almost these same words after driving them back to back.

Comment

^^^ i've seen some crazy fast s2000....

must be something in little cars, because the miatas at thunderhill up here are quick.

Comment

jason, it's not how you spray ultimate quik detailer on your car, it's how you race it.

lawl

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            I'd like to take back everything I said, and I think eric would too after he see's this. It is clear that RSX are inferior, as well as ITR's. I would not like to show up anywhere even with my G, when there is this demon on the road.

<embed width="440" height="380" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v3.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=2s7ch9c&s=3"></embed>
                            LOL THATS DOUGS video

Comment

just my two cents

lol this thread is hilarious..lets do the next track event after nisei (so we can try and not ruin our cars before a big show)

If but if we're talking about sheer straight-line power...i think scotty2hottie has got us covered in that department until dhuang comes back out with his is300

but man...some of the other cars in the hybrid wall of fame

Comment

Tsuchiya driving a dc5 wins? or dc2 wins?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igQwHKNGDbE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/igQwHKNGDbE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
                                faster in the corners and straight line

Comment

Working...
                                X