Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Chapman good to see yah or read yah

Comment

so to apeal more to sponsors do you guys think doing a shoot with a sexy girl to submit the pictures to my potentiol sponsors would be a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaTT View Post
        i guess is all on whats people budget is,if you are rich!! then go for all the rare stuff like ARC and all that stuff but if you are not wich is prob the case then thats why you go for lower brands name first,then you go up and up little by little,even marty at the g forums it took him big time to get hes G going and now he wont stop wining at every HIN,if you want a kit from bulletproof then be ready to hand down your full credit card limit cause you will be on 0,s after,
        my G had NRG stuff all over it and people still love the car,if you do right thing on your car and not exactly what the money speaks for it you will still be a winner,after all is what you like and what you can afford NOT what you should be pushed on to do just to be a show queen ride,at least not on my end,every car we had has gone thru drive and punish,fully drive,why will we pay $800 a month for a freaking car that will seat on the grge all the time HELL NO!
        save the money you plan on getting the little things and lower brand stuff....
        save 2,3 small things or more to get a better, top quality one instead.
        that will save u more... just mod your car slow if you are tight on budget.

stock cars > randomly modded car in my book.

my

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaTT View Post
          i guess is all on whats people budget is,if you are rich!! then go for all the rare stuff like ARC and all that stuff but if you are not wich is prob the case then thats why you go for lower brands name first,then you go up and up little by little,even marty at the g forums it took him big time to get hes G going and now he wont stop wining at every HIN,if you want a kit from bulletproof then be ready to hand down your full credit card limit cause you will be on 0,s after,
          my G had NRG stuff all over it and people still love the car,if you do right thing on your car and not exactly what the money speaks for it you will still be a winner,after all is what you like and what you can afford NOT what you should be pushed on to do just to be a show queen ride,at least not on my end,every car we had has gone thru drive and punish,fully drive,why will we pay $800 a month for a freaking car that will seat on the grge all the time HELL NO!
          Originally posted by silvermic george View Post
          i couldnt say it better myself titie i mean TT very well put young grasshopper its true its not how much you spend its about knowing how to spend and spending well try saying that 5 times! yes my ride is my daily transportaion and i kid you not sometimes i'm driving and i'll catch the person behind me taking a pictures of my ride its a pretty dope feeling y'know
          i dont care if i never win a trophy i like the scene and i love my car i respect you if you spend 4g's on a body kit but i'll respect and shake your hand if you save some money
          None of us are rich, except for a few fortunate few. A majority of the members (and past members) built their cars through hard work, savings, credit cards, loans, student loans, etc... I know I did. It took me 3-4 years to get to where I am, an exorbinant amount of money, and a lot of determination. Sure, I could have gotten Seibon, NRG, an unmentionable racing seats company, Extreme Dimensions, Rotara, etc... but I chose the road that few take (combining functionality, form, and rarity) and there are few RSXs that can rival my roll call and no show RSX can rival my performance. How many RSXs run Seibon, NRG, etc...? Now, how many RSXs run Backyard Special, J's Racing, First Molding, C-West, Key!s Racing, Works Bell, etc...? Shit, I'm still not even finished.

If you want to compare G35's, look at the High End G35/G37. Nobody has a Top Secret kit on their G35. Nobody has Mine's ECU or motorwork. It's not about the money they dump into their car. It's about the quality, functionality, and rarity of their parts. Top Secret and Mine's are some of the top tuning firms in Japan.

Daily driven vs. show queen: that's really up to you. Nobody is saying that an expensive show car cannot be driven. My body kit costs upwards of $5000 and I drive my car... hard. My Backyard Special bumper (first one in the United States) looked like it was sandblasted after 6 months of canyon running. I had a backup Backyard Special bumper so I can throw it on for shows. Again, nobody is saying you have to build a garage queen. I built my car to be driven and I intend to drive it. If you want to keep your car in pristine show condition and garage it, more power to you. I wish I could keep my car in that condition, lol.

Anyways, not saying your car isn't quality, but I like to push and emphasize the need for quality, functionality, and rarity to raise the standards in a show car. A show car needs to have quality parts. Nobody wants to see NRG quick release or a Seibon hood; people want to see a rare Top Secret quick release and an ASM dry carbon hood (you can clear dry carbon for daily). A show car needs to be functional. Nothing looks more wack than a polished out turbo or supercharger that isn't running right. Show cars need to run rare parts. Rare can be one-of or custom parts. Nobody wants to see an Injen/AEM i ntake. People want to see a Gruppe M intake or a custom Titanium welded intake pipe.
          Last edited by coredump; 04-03-2009, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Case in point, look at Rob Baker's S2000, D. Huang's IS300 and 996, Jason MacGill's Evo VIII & Eclipse, Charles Cha's Evo, Kirby's GS/SC, Daniel Louie's STI, Stew's Datsun 510, Hank's C-class, and the list goes on.

The above is an incompletely list of Hybrid (or retired Hybrid) cars that consistently won in shows and/or made it into a mainstream import car magazine. They all exemplified quality, functionality, and rarity.

These are the builds we (I emphasize we) should study. We should what they are doing and, as Hybrid would say, "take it to the next level."
            Last edited by coredump; 04-03-2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coredump View Post
              Case in point, look at Rob Baker's S2000, D. Huang's IS300 and 996, Jason MacGill's Evo VIII & Eclipse, Charles Cha's Evo, Kirby's GS/SC, Daniel Louie's STI, Stew's Datsun 510, Hank's C-class, and the list goes on.

The above is an incompletely list of Hybrid (or retired Hybrid) cars that consistently won in shows and/or made it into a mainstream import car magazine. They all exemplified quality, functionality, and rarity.

These are the builds we (I emphasize we) should study. We should what they are doing and, as Hybrid would say, "take it to the next level."
              i totally understand your point and i do agree with the main mission of hybrid building cars to the next level with rare parts,my self i wich i could build up the audi fully DTM with a bunch of nothing but european pieces,but even those are already common here to a point that not even a oettinger or a caractere kit looks flashy enough,on the other side japaneses are making some sick ass pieces for the audis that i feel incredible atractted by them and as pricey as euro pieces,but if i put some of those pieces i get blasted on the forums by haittas!...lol

but then i got some rare pieces that i think only our audi have here in USA and then on the shows the judges act like is just a piece of crap:totally unrespected and not even aware about those pieces the tt haves,instead a freaking audi A3 with SEIBON hood and BRIDE seats (asian seats) and TAKATA harness belts took the trophie at HIN la,ohh and i forgot to mention works vsxx wheels (japanese wheels)

so you know i think my audi is built nicer than hes A3,but he haves more stuff on hes audi (bunch of stuff just to fill in the empty spots on hes car) so thats why he beats me on the shows,becuse nowdays judges dont look much into rare stuff specially on a euro because some rare pieces they dont even know what it is,unless the judge is a euro car driver

cuantity is beating quality rite now on the shows,of course if you can have both,then is great for you favor.

we do have bunch of sponsors as big team so why not start to build up the car on a small budget,then slowly jump into the big leage,is not like is going to be easy to be a trophie taker even spending $80,000 on the G coupe,competition is relly hard on that department,even if i spend $40,000 rite of the back all it takes to beat me is a R8 with just a few mods and he will beat my car,because pieces for that car are extremely expensive,ctch my drift

Comment

so to apeal more to sponsors do you guys think doing a shoot with a sexy girl to submit the pictures to my potentiol sponsors would be a good idea?
                No. Spend more time modifying your vehicle and make your car unique. A model will not help at all.

Comment

This model can get you sponsors.

Comment

I think he would look better if he had better posture, eye contact, and tippie toe'ed the foot that's on the bar stool.

Comment

damn eric, preach on! lol

Comment

nice lil start there. why auto?

Comment

Wow, Just saw the part you said "GTR front end". Its true, its your car. But pls. no GTR front end, it would look really riceee, leave it to the real GTR.

Comment

lol it's funny because ive been thinking the same thing about the gt-r and yes i will leave it to the real gtr and auto well ive had the car for a while but never had the time to work on it i had a an 07 nissan titan that i had to sell so i kept the G and started fixing it early this year
                            also i wanted to mention i do have both authentic kenstyle not painted and the mock up version i take good care of it i just didnt wanna mess up the real deal you know.
                            next weekend it gets lowered

Comment

oh yeah that model on the stool she's pretty hot i wonder how she looks in heels =tasty=

Comment

oh yeah that model on the stool she's pretty hot i wonder how she looks in heels =tasty=
                                did he just say TASTY ......lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X