Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Team Hybrid!

Hello,

My name is Donald Xavier, I met Archie at an Evo meet here in Las Vegas. I got to talking to him about Team Hybrid and what you're all about. He suggested I head on over to the forums and take a look. I spent a good amount of time looking at your history, and what your team is all about, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed.

I'm 31, married with 3 children (one lives with us) and am currently a resident of Las Vegas. I'm in the United States Air Force with a pretty comfortable job as a Network Infrastructure Technician/Engineer. Due to the programs and missions I support, I have no foreseeable deployments or change of station any time soon. I also have some things in place that will help me stay in the Las Vegas area for at least another 5-10 years. I may have to go places for training but this will only be for a few months, and still unlikely it will be out of the Vegas area. I'm currently working on my Bachelors in Information System Security at American Military University, and I'm one class away from finishing my Associates Degree in Electronic Systems Technology. I've been dealing with electronics and computer systems since I was 12, at 16 I built my first car stereo using wire diagrams and tips I found online. Since then I've never had anyone else install my car stereo's or wire up my subs. If I know anything about cars it's going to be about the stereo.

I chose Team Hybrid, quite frankly, because you're the best car club I have ever seen. When I saw your display at the Motor Trend show, I was in awe. You are true professionals. I have learned everything I know about networking and computers from industry professionals and now I'm a top notch network technician because of it. I want the same for my car. I love my car and cars in general. I'm a big fan of the show scene and have even given a thought towards AutoX. I want to learn from Team Hybrid, and in return possibly impart some of my knowledge about computers or networking to other members, or even just lend a hand when someone gets new car parts in that need installed. I understand that you don't necessarily deal with domestic cars and are focused on imports. However I don't mind being among the few domestics you have. I'm here to learn, make friends, and lend my expertise to those who would wish to use it. Also I'd be the only Kappa platform you'd have (from what I could find anyways).

My car is a 2007 Chili Pepper Red Saturn Sky Redline. I just picked it up in December as kind of a Christmas present to myself. It's very clean inside and out, however I'm still dealing with some small things that the previous owner did to the car. He spray painted all the chrome on the car black, including the rims. Which is fine and I like it, he just did a terrible job. There are a few paint chips here and there I need to get filled in, and other small things. At the moment it is bone stock, save for the HID's I installed and the tails that I smoked.

The following is a list of things I would like to do to my car.

Performance
    IC Pipes,
    Basic bolt ons
    Tune
    Bigger Turbo
    Eventually when I need to I'll replace the stock internals, and add other modifications when I run out of stuff to do to it.

Visual/Perfomance
    RK Sports ram air hood (Looks great on this car)
    RK Sports aero kit
    New Rims/Tires (Stock rubber is total crap), or just powder coat the stock rims black.
    Possibly a bigger spoiler. (I'm not a huge fan of park benches on the back of cars, it depends on how it flows with the rest of the car)

Visual
    LED Lights to replace all the stock lamps
    Eyelids on the headlights
    Custom paint (maybe, I do like the red/black look)
    Some Custom interior work
    New Seats
    I'll probably debadge it soon, it's hard to shine around those stupid letters.

Sound (this will probably be last, the stock radio is actually pretty nice)
    Due to the size of the car I can't really fit more than one sub woofer, and even then it requires cutting, but I'll put one of the 10" woofers I have in there, along with a Double DIN touchscreen and an appropriate sized amp. I tend to lean towards Sound Quality over SPL.

Replace all stock speakers.

I do hope that you decide to proceed further with my application, I am disciplined, dedicated, and have integrity. All of these values and who I am have been instilled into me by the U.S. Military. I believe we can both benefit from this relationship. I have attached some pictures of my car.

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Scott: Contract signed and dues received today. Please change his SN (LV Chapter Probie) and probie forum access level. Thanks.
      "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Working...
      X