Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Forum

Hey team Hybrid!
    Name is Yoshi. Im new to the forum and wanted to drop a few lines about who I am and what car I'm currently building. I'm originally from the bay area, California in a city called, San Jose. I presvioulsy rolled with Team KOSOKU, Team Apokalypse and Team Prestige. The Cars I've owned and built are Honda's (Eg, EF sedan), Subaru wrx (bugeye) and 2 old school corolla's (which 1 I'm currently building). My current build is a 1975 Toyota Corolla Sr 5-speed. My plans are to restore the vehicle and make it a one of a kind Te37. I plan to build to the teams expectations and also my own. I have a
    Couple of friends already in the team and they're also guiding me along the lines to complete my goal/build. I currently reside in Las Vegas NV and I hope to meet everyone as time goes.

Yoshi

I am trying to figure out how to post pics...as soon as I do I'll post them . Thanks

Comment

Welcome Yoshi.

I visit the bay area from Los Angeles from time to time. I have family in Belmont off the 95/80 junction. actually close to 101 near Oracle

Comment

That's cool. Belmont is about 30 mins I think from where I use to live in the bay area. I always think about moving back but Las Vegas has been pretty good to my family and I, so far. Lol. You ever been thru vegas?

Yoshi

Comment

welcome Yoshi! Glad you made it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Te37_Yoshi View Post
            That's cool. Belmont is about 30 mins I think from where I use to live in the bay area. I always think about moving back but Las Vegas has been pretty good to my family and I, so far. Lol. You ever been thru vegas?

Yoshi
            LOL, who hasn't been to Sin City!
            and wow what a change, San Jose to Vegas.

Comment

Well, I moved from San Jose to Monterey for 2 years when I met my wife and then we moved to Vegas. But yea the transition from Monterey to Vegas was hella whack lol. It went from mid 60 degrees to mid 90 degrees and that was in May lol. Our first summer here it reached 114F and we were already gonna move back! Then during our first winter it snowed haha! Supposedly the last time it snowed before that day in Vegas was 13 years ago. So it was a pretty crazy start in Vegas our 1st year. Then, like everywhere, the economy took a crap and so did our jobs. Both my wife and I got laid off. I was a warehouse Manager to an electrical company and my wife worked for a big title company, we thought we weren't gonna be affected, but we were. Things turned around when we decided to go into business for ourselves. Since then we've been good. Out of all the cars I've owned, this corolla seems to be the biggest challenge. I made a goal to finish the corolla, but after viewing that goal, I decided to break that one goal into 4 smaller goals lol. I'm researching now on an F20 engine. That and paint would be my biggest purchase. SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME OUT AND RESEARCH AN F20 motor THAT WOULD BE GREAT haha thank you

Yoshi

Comment

Yoshi, i may be a good help. I am a distributer. Ill check with my vendor.

Any other parts you can think of let me know.

Still working on my ecomm site

DailyDrivenMotoring.com

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
                  welcome Yoshi! Glad you made it here!
                  Hey Archie!
                  Thanks for the invite to the forum! My 2tc in the corolla took a crap! I was gonna go 4age but after reviewing what possible engines could suit the car...I believe a s2k f20 will do just right. I read a few things about a KA swap but I have something telling me to stick it out and go f20

Comment

Originally posted by Zerimar View Post
                    Yoshi, i may be a good help. I am a distributer. Ill check with my vendor.

Any other parts you can think of let me know.

Still working on my ecomm site

DailyDrivenMotoring.com

Thank you! I will be posting more of my plans on the corolla and we'll go from there. Thanks for helping

Yoshi

Comment

Welcome Yoshi :-)

Comment

Cop'd me up a Luisa Volanti steering wheel for the corolla.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Casillas Evo IX View Post
                          Welcome Yoshi :-)
                          Thank you sir! I'm glad to be on the forum.

It's ironic, I have some relatives visiting from El Paso, Texas.

Comment

Yoshi PM your address, i have the bolts for that steering wheel. I look at all my junk this week

Comment

Originally posted by Zerimar View Post
                              Yoshi PM your address, i have the bolts for that steering wheel. I look at all my junk this week
                              Pm'd sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X