Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Las Vegas Probie

Dear Michael Lin and Scott Dean of Team Hybrid,

First of all let me start by saying I'm a BIG fan of your team and you guys are forever legends! The name is AdrianJohn E. Gonzales. Born and raised in Las Vegas, NV with a Filipino heritage. I'm currently 19yrs. old with the dreams of making it big and being one of the top names in the scene! I graduated from East Career and Technical Academy with 3 years of automotive knowledge and most of it working on my dad's old Jetta that I kept messing with until I got my own car! My dad was so happy I got my own car to break down and my mom was terrified to ride in it! Taking my education to the next step I walked through the halls of College of Southern Nevada to attend their Auto Tech. program. Finishing a year of college, I decided to take a break from school. As of now, I'm working at a independent automotive shop called Dave's Auto Repair, named after the owner and manager Dave Pelaez. My tittle there is a Lube Tech. but I like to consider myself as a Jr. Mechanic. Working there gives me the extra learning I've been looking for. From helping the other techs and learning more each day that passes. They sometimes trust me on doing jobs by myself. Its a great learning experience and cars can never get old to me. I'll never stop my passion for vehicles.

In high school got my license when I just turned 16, passed the test in a Toyota Previa, damhat hard! Then my first car at the age of 17. A 1996 Acura Integra RS stock and driven by an elder friend of mine. It was in mint condition till I ruined it. As soon as I got it, so many ideas went through my head. There were times I couldn't sleep or just space out in class thinking what I should do first. Although I did the basic thing most teens would do which is rims and suspension. Being in high school with a part time job at a retail store with the dreams of making a race car/ magazine worthy car was hard! That goal went down the drain after I blew the motor. I did get lucky with getting a new motor and also was lucky enough to have found an older gentlemen looking to trade his jdm front end and his eBay turbo kit for stock and original parts. A buddy of mine, Brian Camacho helped me switch out everything. We spent days and nights on the cars, I even slept at his shop for 3 days just to get closer to finishing. Yes, I did stink but how great was it to hear and feel my car roar! When the time came to put it back on the streets it ran beautiful! Then graduation came along and my parents bought me a black 2007 Subaru Impreza Wrx Tr, which was previously owned by one of my older sisters. They forced me to sell the Integra or they wouldn't give me the keys to the Subaru so I gave in and sold it. Sad story and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears gone with the car, but I guess it was a good come up. So far the Subaru has BC Racing Coilovers, ProSport UEL Headers, 3in. TurboXS downpipe, TurboXS High Flow Cat, HKS Dragger Turbo Back Exhaust, Perrin Short Ram Intake, Exedy LightWeight Flywheel, Exedy Stage 2 clutch, Tomioka Close Ratio Gear Set, Rays Gram Lights 57 pro gold with a polish lip 18x8 rear 18x7.5 front, wrapped in Mayrun Tires (I know they're cheap tires) and a COBB Access Port. As of right now not installed and just sitting in my garage are Denso 850cc injectors and a CXRacing fmic kit. Just saving up for a bigger turbo and fuel pump. My future plans are to track the car and see how my driving skills are. Also, achieve one of my goals by entering SEMA and winning a trophy in a show.

From kindergarten to now I've always had this special thing for cars. The people who are to blame are my sisters being a part of the car scene and their boyfriends owning a nicely built 2000 BMW 323i with Hamann parts, to a turbo charged 1991 Toyota Mr2. (R.I.P. Waylon Trieu) These two cars are the reasons for my obsession. The first day of seeing that BMW pull up to our apartment it gave me chills and the day I walked out of Keller Middle School in 6th grade to see that Mr2 sitting there waiting for me, got me excited! The people that influence me to be the best I can be in what I love are my family and friends. I am the only son of 3 children in my family and also the youngest. Which means I do get treated like a baby, but I'm ready to grow up and take my life to the next level!

The reason why I chose Team Hybrid is because your more then a team. All of you consider each other as one BIG FAMILY, looking out for each other, having a great time, and build amazing cars! I've been in different teams, but could never find the connection I needed from them. But when I see Team Hybrid at every car show, in every picture, and in every magazine I read at Target, your all together, your cars always look jaw dropping, your friendly car enthusiast that love the scene! You all are role models to every teen out there. When I see the Evos, Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas, etc. with the Hybrid logos on the windshield I see beautiful machines with hard work put into them. Joining Team Hybrid would help me achieve my future goals in life and get me to where I want to be. I need mentors to guide me into the right path, who knows where I'm coming from and understands me. Please let Team Hybrid be the next chapter in my life!

Why me? I ask myself this question a lot. This time I really need to think about it. First off let me say that I start off shy, but once I get to know you, I can open up more and be a real nice guy. I work hard and don't stop till I can finish the job and if I fail, I keep my head up high and try harder the next time. If you need assistance in anything you can always give me a call. If its your car that needs to be worked on, moving to a new house, babysitting your dog, need to be picked up and dropped off to work because your car is in the shop or just need someone to talk too, I'm your guy! If I make it into Team Hybrid I'd also would love to help out with the younger teens. My old high school automotive teacher told me that kids a getting bored and less interested in automotive. Well, not just automotive, but in education and learning. Somehow I'd love to help out with that. I know a team like Hybrid can help out and make a difference. Being a young adult in this scene is difficult without the right help and if your family, Team Hybrid accepts me. I will work my hardest to be the next generation of superstars!

Thank You,

AdrianJohn Emata Gonzales

P.S. If you need to ask any other questions about me or anything I might have left out. Call or Text me (number in private forums).

My car
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like we got someone to drive us if we have been drinking. J/K welcome and look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
        Looks like we got someone to drive us if we have been drinking. J/K welcome and look forward to meeting you.
        Haha sounds like fun. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Comment

awesome intro! im glad you decided to join Hybrid. In my personal opinion, its great to see young people who have a passion in something for so long continue to strive and make their goal/dream a reality. Team Hybrid has that same drive! welcome to the forum and we hope to meet you soon.

Comment

Scott: Contract signed and dues received yesterday. Please change his SN (LV Chapter Probie) and probie forum access level. Thanks.
            "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Welcome, welcome, glad to have in brother

Comment

Working...
              X