Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vegas Probie...

Dear Michael Lin or Scott Dean,*
    * * *Hi my name is Brian Camacho. To start off Im 23. Hispanic ethnicity. I was born and raised in Las vegas. My educational background: long story short, ill post pics soon cant post from my phone.fter high school I was undecided what to do after 2 years I knew I enjoyed helping others and I decided to go into the medical field. I studied in a 9 month program for medical assistant. Graduated in end of 2011 and worked at a 24hr urgent care for over a year until I recently started in a two year radiology program in January. I'm now a full time student only and decided to concentrate my entire time to school. Education for me is an opening to a bright future and opens endless opportunities. I'm fortunate to have parents that fully support me through school to further my education. My goal is to work in the heart cath lab in a hospital. It is what catches most of my attention because the heart is our soul and spirit.*
    * *One of my greatest accomplishments that I'd like to share is that I used to way 320 lbs and now 11 months later I have lost 105 lbs and I'm 15 lbs shy of my goal weight and now that I have done what to some seem impossible I would like to help and inspire others that anything is possible when you work hard and believe in yourself. I see that as similar feature of Hybrid. Ive been in the car scene since I was 15. I started going to races with a family friend and it amazed me what people did to cars and how fast they went. I've been around cars my whole life. My dad started his first business selling used cars and I would help him clean the cars. It caught my attention. I got my first car when I was 16 which was a VW jetta. I wanted to mod it terribly but I was in a car then I bought my first love which was a 92 civic hatch with a b-series swap. I started working and modding my car. I added bolt ons, nitrous, recaros, and even did an ek front end, yea my ricer days but it was what I liked. I got it tuned at LDL and started going to the speedway. I learned to work on my own car because I wanted to know how everything worked and why this part did this and that did another function. I joined a team and started going out to a few events and went out to Eibach Meet. Around the time I was 19, my civic was stolen and all the hard work I put into it was gone like that. I was disappointed but got back into it and put the car back together so it was stock and sold it. I then decided I wanted to do something not so common and I started putting together an H2B setup. My dad owned a property where he leased out mechanic shops and had an empty bay that wasn't rented out and I started wrenching there. I had an Integra Gsr with Jdm front and ended up selling the shell because I wanted another civic hatch. Which now I own a 92 Civic Si hatch. During the years in the scene I have always seen hybrid at events and I've always been impressed by the quality and uniqueness of the cars. After I left the team I was in 2 years ago I didn't see my self joining another team because I didn't see qualities that I like in most teams. I had a close group of friends which we all hang out and wrenched on cars. One of my close friends, AdrianJohn Gonzalez, sent a proposal letter and he knows a few hybrid members. He started explaining to me what Hybrid is about and why he wanted to join. Then it made me want to check out your website and what really caught my attention is that Hybrid is about improving everyone as a whole, not just cars. That is something that really impressed me especially pushing for a better education. Not many kids in vegas think about the long run in life. *I see many kids think of short term goals instead. I want to help the younger generation see that its not all about having a bad ass car or a nice things. That is all achievable later on in life with a good education. This is one of the reasons I decided to send my proposal letter and try to become a part of this superstar team. I want to be part of something that wants to help the community as a whole while still enjoying the nice things in life like cars. It seems to me that Hybrid is positive group and I'm open to that.*
    * * * Why I think Hybrid should pick me: I'm the type of person who is willing to learn from others and use that knowledge to help others as well. Cars is more than just a hobby for me. Its part of my life and I enjoy all types of cars. I'm a self-motivated car enthusiast and I'm always willing to help others with a build or just a simple tune-up. *The best part of going to an event is the weeks before prepping the cars, wrenching, having a good time and a few cold beers along the way. Then enjoying all the hard work pay off at an event whether show or race. I want to be part of something more than just a car club. I want to help the younger generation come up as well as learn from the more experienced. I see that Hybrid is like a big family and that is the type of car club I want to be in.*
    * * * My current car is a 92 Civic Si Hatch. It is currently in progress but will be show ready for May 5th IFO. I built the car from ground up. Not a single bolt on the chassis. I had a good friend of mine build an entire cage with gusset plates modified to fit full interior. I painted the car recently in February inside and out. Shaved bay, wire tuck, brake tuck. Engine mods. H22 motor, P&P head, valvetrain, Competition clutch and flywheel, QSD H2B kit, Gsr LSD transmission with carbon synchros, Innovative mounts with 85a bushings, 450cc injectors, BDL fuel rail, 70mm throttle body hondata s300. Suspension mods ETD traction bar, energy suspension bushing kit all around the car, koni yellow shocks with ground control, type-r 4x114 conversion, skunk2 camber kit and tie bar, Wilwood brake master booster delete, 15 Sprint Hart Cpr, Falken street tires, Jdm headlights, oem window visors, apr carbon side mirrors, wings west side skirts, Backyard special wing, carbon trunk, Bride gias low max seats (unfortunately the passenger seat is a replica) type-r steering wheel, Plx wideband, ukdm cluster and theres probably more but cant think of it. If you would like a full list of mods I can get that for you. The car currently needs front and quarter panel windows installed. I still need to finish painting the fenders and front bumper and finish up my exhaust. Alot of these parts Ive been collecting for sometime. I should be ready for IFO may 5 just for show. My main focus was to build something I liked and I will enjoy. My dream would be to make a magazine someday. My plans with this car is to make it to shows, meets, and drag events. I have never autocrossed or done time attack but it is something that I would like to get into after the car is done. I have used up most of my funds that I have saved up from working now that Im a full time student future mods will be slow. Future mods that I would like are custom or name brand headers, full mandrel bent exhaust, better tires, first molding front lip, j's racing wing, dream wheels work meisters cr01, oem sidemarkers, aftermarket brakes, replacing the seats, building my block, and vision type dc mirrors. Some of these mods will take some time maybe till after Im done with school but are plans for the future. My next mods are gonna be the exhaust system so I can get tuned at least.*
    * * * With all this said I hope that I get the opportunity of becoming part of something big. I would like to thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.
    sincerely,
    Brian

Scott: Contract signed and dues received today. Please change his SN (LV Chapter Probie) and probie forum access level. Thanks.
    "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Working...
    X