Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

Hello everyone! My name is Matt and I'm a probie from Hermiston, Oregon which is a little over 2 hours from Portland and 4 hours from Seattle.

First and foremost I wanted to introduce myself to everyone so I'll start by posting my membership proposal and then I'll begin to post the story and documentation of my build:

1. Introduction:

My name is Matt Menchaca, I'm 24 years old and reside in Hermiston, Oregon. I am of Hispanic/Latino descent and currently work with my father in our family owned landscaping and general contracting business. I graduated from Hermiston High School in 2007 and immediately joined the workforce to help my mother and father. I don't have any special diplomas or degrees as well as an extensive education history but I do posses many skills that can only come from experience working in a specialized industry and from networking with vendors. I deal with customers on a daily basis and completely understand what it means to have a professional image. Our business comes mostly from word of mouth and being so I always have to make sure that my actions don't reflect badly on our company and employees.

2. Why did you choose Team Hybrid?

I've always liked the caliber of builds that Team Hybrid has been known for and associated with. I never truly appreciated the dedication and organization of a team or car club until after I joined a local car club. Members didn't respect other members schedules and showed up late to major events and team meetings, and most of the responsibility for organizing events landed on 2 or 3 people out of a group of 15. Team Hybrid seems to have respect for each other and it appears that everyone understands that organization is key to have a successful team. Team Hybrid to me has always been one of those elite teams that carries the highest of standards that only a select few can be a part of. Why wouldn't anyone want to be a part of that?

3. Why should Team Hybrid choose you?

Through out my life I've had to overcome many trials. I was born blind and was diagnosed with cataracts when I was 3 months old. As an infant I've gone through many major eye surgeries to retain my vision. I went through grade school and middle school with literally almost 2 inch thick glasses and had to learn to overcome bullying and ridicule at an early age. By the time I was 12 I was diagnosed with Glaucoma which is a fluid pressure build up in the eye that if left untreated can lead to permanent loss of vision. After I graduated from High School I began to work with my father doing landscape and that summer I met my wife which I married In October of 2007 and we had our daughter Clarisa March of 2008. Having a child at the age of 19 left me with a lot of responsibility as a husband and a father and through these challenges in my life I learned that I was capable of handling whatever came my way. Now I'm 24 and have purchased my own home, have been married for 5 years and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter that I couldn't live without. I'm proud of where I started and how far I've come and my prelude project car is a direct reflection of my life. I found it sitting on the side of the road, rusted, faded, peeling and no where near close to running and driving. I saw the potential in what it could become and went from there.

The fact that my motor is considered the bottom of the barrel to most Honda tuners is what sets me apart from most. Look at any other Prelude build and you will see an H series or K series, my Prelude retains the stock single cam F22A1 motor which receives no attention or credibility as a good foundation power plant. I would like my build to inspire others to see the potential that most overlook not just in my motor but in any other "lesser" motor from the factory of any make. I believe my build would fall under the street category in Team Hybrid Race-Street-Show. It isn't a full blown race car nor is it an award winning show car, its just a good all around street car.

4. Your current modification:

Function and Form Type 1 coilovers
    Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines
    EBC USR front slotted rotors and green stuff brake pads
    Stoptech rear oe brake rotors and brake pads
    SPC rear adjustable ball joints
    Skunk2 rear lower arm bar
    Cusco front and rear upper strut bars
    EM Racing c pillar bar
    Cusco b pillar bar
    ESP traction bar with engine torque mount
    Buddy Club P2 Plus 17x7.5 wheels
    Buddy Club Racing Spec Lug Nuts
    Nitto Neo Gen 205/40R17
    Bisimoto Exhaust Manifold
    RS*R ExMag GT Sports Magic Catback
    H23/A6 intake manifold
    AEM V2. intake
    AEM high flow fuel rail
    Allstar Performance oil catch can
    ASP Coolant overflow / battery tray / battery tie down
    Buddy Club oil cap
    Buddy Club radiator cap
    Forbidden Motorsports radiator cooling plate
    Buddy Club shift knob
    FFC radiator brackets
    Fidanza 8 lb. flywheel
    Exedy oe clutch
    Forbidden Motorsports short shifter
    M2A4 transmission swap
    MFactory helical limited slip differential
    MFactory Synchrotech 4.64 final drive
    Value Sports Type 1 front lip and side skirts
    Kaminari rear lip
    Value Sports Type 1 rear spoiler
    Spoon Mirrors
    JDM 1 piece chrome housed headlamps
    Fresh coat of oe black paint.
    RSX black leather front seats

5. Your future modification:

Spoon Sports front calipers
    Tanabe rear sway bar
    Kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator
    Ralco RZ lightweight pulley kit
    Bisimoto level 2 cam
    Bisimoto cam gear
    Bisimoto titanium valve springs and retainers
    Status Racing seats
    Mishimoto radiator
    Mishimoto power steering reservoir
    Clutch Masters FX100 clutch kit
    Nitto NT01 225/45R17's for a meaty look
    Buddy Club Racing Spec Dampers
    Golden Eagle intake manifold
    ESP polyurethane motor mount kit
    Alpine head unit
    JBL speakers
    Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 07-01-2013, 04:06 PM.

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluex702 View Post
      Welcome!
      Thanks bud! Love all the Varis aero you have! Great build with quality parts, you can't beat that! Keep it up.

Comment

Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 07-01-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Macaqueistrong; 07-01-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

OMG, your build is no joke. Welcome Matt.
                You and I will be working together

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                  OMG, your build is no joke. Welcome Matt.
                  You and I will be working together
                  Thanks Jesse, looking forward to working with you bro. I hope my build doesn't disappoint and I'm excited to potentially be part of the Hybrid legacy!

Comment

Car is looking great, keep it coming Matt!

Comment

welcome to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Archie View Post
                        welcome to the team!
                        Thanks Archie!

Comment

welcome and great build!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Te37_Yoshi View Post
                            welcome and great build!!!
                            Thanks Guy! I appreciate the Hybrid Luv

Comment

Scott: Contract signed and dues received. Please change his SN (Team Hybrid Probie) and probie forum access level. Thanks.
                              "May our legendary tradition continue making history..."

Comment

Working...
                              X