No announcement yet.

intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Research what you want 1st. You can always order online too. Chances of you just going to some store and finding exactly what you really want is slim. Mosts stores are small and don't have the overhead to pull that off. Autobacs could, but you still need to formulate some kind of build plan.
    I go to the gym so I can look good naked.

Comment

allright

what kind of build plan do u recomend for the civic sedan i have some pic but havnt posted yet idk where to post i was looking at a spyder or skyline body kit do u recomend those or what kind do u recomend and do u know of any sites that i can look at to decide

Comment

a 2001 civic sedan..

u should work on audio and motor instead of making a crazy body unless if u plan on going custom wide-body.
        Last edited by Em; 11-09-2007, 03:33 PM.

Comment

civic

i am looking at some suspenion kits what company do u guys recomend for a coilover

Comment

how much $ you got to mod this car, we don't want to name anything quality if you can't afford it; just being real.

Comment

haha money money money .... MONEY!! :P

Comment

ok

well in all honestly if u can recomend me quality i will make enough to buy it the suspension kit i was lookin at was lik 985

Comment

ok

but in all honestly if u can name some quality parts i will find a way to afford it

Comment

nice pix .....intro is a lil short

Comment

Originally posted by Spellbomb View Post
                      but in all honestly if u can name some quality parts i will find a way to afford it
                      Originally posted by Em View Post
                      a 2001 civic sedan..

u should work on audio and motor instead of making a crazy body unless if u plan on going custom wide-body.
                      ^ like he said.

easiest and safest route for you to get a jump start on the motor is for a k-swap; it has been done, and i'm almost positive there are production versions of engine mounts for this type of swap in your car.

with that said, i'll let other honduh heads chime in for the detail on the cost; on a very rough estimate you're looking somewhere between $4~6k just for the motor & tranny (DC5 type-R, or even the US-spec type-S); then ofcourse you won't leave the motor stock, to build it inside out will cost you another $2~5k depends on the type of internals you pick & depends on the route of the motor being built for (n/a, boost..etc) plus the transmission parts, then a good $2~4k on accessories and other bolt-ons from radiator/oil-cooler to valve plates/covers..etc then finally add another $1~2k for install/labor/wire-tuck.

to do it right, on a k-motor build off would run you anywhere from $10~20k and up; but that's only just the $ you will need for the engine/motor category.

audio could get even more unpredictable depends on where your parts are coming from (out of pocket, provided by sponsors); but just for fiberglassing with paint/suede (or any material over the enclosures) ...etc labor/install you can expect it to be around $3~5k to anywhere beyond on top of the materials.

so to sum up a 'quality' built for just the engine/motor & audio/I.C.E. you are looking about at least $30k+ to beyond; and that's just how it is to turn something unpleasable to the market (especially no reputable company is looking for such outdated vehicle) into one true contender that is pack with quality mods.

although once you've completely cover either-or-both major category on the vehicle, it sure would be helpful when you are approach companies for sponsorship support such as seats/harness/steering wheel...etc interior parts to exterior parts such as bodykits/paint...etc; but again, either or, on a vehicle like this you gotta have at least one or two major category that appeals to those you would like to help you complete the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Spellbomb View Post
                        well in all honestly if u can recomend me quality i will make enough to buy it the suspension kit i was lookin at was lik 985
                        tell us what suspension kit is that runs $985, and i'm sure there are many of us can tell you if its quality, bang for the buck, or just something that will put your car into pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by IS300eR View Post
                          ^ like he said.

easiest and safest route for you to get a jump start on the motor is for a k-swap;
                          Realistically consider:
                          $8k for a full k series motor + tranny + mounts (couple weeks of down-time)
                          $1k for fuel accessories or lots more if you are looking for non usdm aftermarket parts (rail, fpr, pump, gauge, injectors)
                          $1k for install (bargain for the wire tucks during this juncture)
                          $2k for tune and the K-pro ecm needed to make the k run smoothly like a Chese-made AK-47 lol

In my opinion:
                          ....only build the k if u are going to race it, not to trailer-queen it. Since u asked about body kits? Go CUSTOM wide-body or Go HOME.

I think a 2001 civic sedan is better suited with a QUALITY PAINT-JOB, subtle body modifications (lips), nice rims, recaros/brides and a clean interior with the power-punch coming from a banging sound system/in car entertainment in your trunk.

Comment

thanks

ok well u guys are definatly great i really do not want to race my civic it will end up causing problems for me i want to get it to look good and have some decent audio but with that the custom wide body i wanna look at some places do a lil research and some shoping can u point me in the right direction I.e web sites or shops in the LA area

Comment

new one

i have been looking at some stuff for the body any manfactures u recomend and or material

Comment

custom materials = fibre glass or sheet metal..please do not go with aluminum wide body

civic is best suited for AUDio' if u aren't considering custom body work or race

Comment

Working...
                                X